Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2018, 08:57   #2776
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Hi,
Has anyone done HDFC fastag recharge using UPI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
I don't think there's a possibility to recharge through UPI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
..that there should be a way to pay through UPI, but I believe we need to have a UPI ID for the tag as I learnt from post #2240, ICICI is providing an UPI ID.
I use a South Indian Bank Fastag and don’t see an option for UPI recharge. Don’t know if it’s available on other bank portals.

However you can get a UPI id just by registering and linking your bank account to any of the apps on the UPI platform such as BHIM, Tez or any of the ones promoted by the banks themselves. No need for a particular bank account or any such.
Old 30th July 2018, 00:17   #2777
Senior - BHPian

Is FASTag acceptable at Delhi International Airport T3 parking? They do have a tag system, but not sure if FASTag is accepted.

This week I tried to go though the tag lane, but my FASTag wasn't read even after multiple attempts. Then I used the slip for cash payment. The staff couldn't confirm or deny whether FASTag is accepted or not.
Old 30th July 2018, 06:11   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Is FASTag acceptable at Delhi International Airport T3 parking? They do have a tag system, but not sure if FASTag is accepted.

This week I tried to go though the tag lane, but my FASTag wasn't read even after multiple attempts. Then I used the slip for cash payment. The staff couldn't confirm or deny whether FASTag is accepted or not.
Obviously FasTag cannot be accepted at T3 or T2 or T1 or at any airport anywhere. FasTag is a NHAI initiative for tolls on National Highways only.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 08:06   #2779
Distinguished - BHPian

Just amazes me, on how a bad implementation can lead to crazy ideas when things don't work as expeted and are inconsistent:

Why NHAI may shut its electronic-tolling arm

Talks about shutting down operations from current provider and swithing over to a Korean firm.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 08:37   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Obviously FasTag cannot be accepted at T3 or T2 or T1 or at any airport anywhere. FasTag is a NHAI initiative for tolls on National Highways only.
Don't think there is anything that ties Fastag to national highways. The canonical example is the MPEW, which is an MSRDC-owned/operated road. I reckon any road operator can apply to NHAI to enroll in the Fastag network.

Or it could be that MPEW has some exception which other toll operators lack.

Last edited by binand : 31st July 2018 at 08:41.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 08:59   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Don't think there is anything that ties Fastag to national highways. The canonical example is the MPEW, which is an MSRDC-owned/operated road. I reckon any road operator can apply to NHAI to enroll in the Fastag network.

Or it could be that MPEW has some exception which other toll operators lack.
You are right.

Hyderabad (government, HMDA to be specific) is in the process of tying up with NHAI to implement FasTag on ORR which will make it a breeze for vehicles by-passing Hyderabad. But all this is after burning their fingers in trying to outsource to various private agencies over a period of time to do toll collections and also their own ETC tags but ending up getting short-changed.
hyd_traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 14:56   #2782
BHPian

Ordered a Fastag from Paytm web application (Not Mobile App) few minutes back. The Mobile App allows the buyer to provide the car registration number and upload pics of RC. However, this feature is not available on the Paytm web. I was expecting similar experience on both of these two modes. However, that was not the case to be.

The expected delivery date is August 17, 2018 and got a SMS saying that I will get a link to upload the RC pics.
Old 31st July 2018, 15:21   #2783
Team-BHP Support

Ordered a Paytm Fastag early last week through the Paytm app.

I had the RC pics available so uploaded rightaway. A few days sine applying, I got the message to upload documents. However, on clicking, I got a prompt that required documents were already submitted.

I kept those messages everyday so ended up calling Paytm for support. I called Cust Care and spent half an hour being on hold only to be told that the right no. for the query is 18001026480. Called and was told that in addition to the RC, one photo and a copy of my DL was necessary. Emailed on fastag@paytm.com.

A few days after this, I got a message that 150 was added to my Paytm Fastag account, although I don't see it yet in the Passbook.

Expected delivery is 11-Aug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post
Ordered a Fastag from Paytm
Old 1st August 2018, 12:40   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ordered a Paytm Fastag early last week through the Paytm app.

I had the RC pics available so uploaded rightaway. A few days sine applying, I got the message to upload documents. However, on clicking, I got a prompt that required documents were already submitted.

I kept those messages everyday so ended up calling Paytm for support. I called Cust Care and spent half an hour being on hold only to be told that the right no. for the query is 18001026480. Called and was told that in addition to the RC, one photo and a copy of my DL was necessary. Emailed on fastag@paytm.com.

A few days after this, I got a message that 150 was added to my Paytm Fastag account, although I don't see it yet in the Passbook.

Expected delivery is 11-Aug.

Thanks libranof1987.

Further update: Got the link to register Fastag via SMS (https://register-fastag.paytm.com). I opened this link in Firefox and say compatibility issues. On FF, it was not allowing me to enter data into the text fields. So, switched to IE and the text fields worked. It doesn't has the option to upload anything apart from RC. Also, the text field for Identity Proof was not accepting the complete DL Number.

I am not able to contact them via CC Number. So, would be proactive and send them the DL copy via mail.
Old 2nd August 2018, 19:52   #2785
BANNED

Applied for FASTag for my car through ICICI bank since I already have an active account there and use it more than the rest. All paperwork etc done, I received the tag in 2 working days. Just picked the tag today and will fix it tomorrow.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-icici-fastag.jpg

Hope to have cashless drives hereon. I am not expecting 'fast' progress through toll gates but the main motto is to go cashless (I know many will say use PayTM etc for going cashless rather than the FASTag but I'll prefer this over PayTM). In my recent two trips to Vijayawada, the FASTag lanes were working as required and I could see many users (including FASTag'ed trucks going through) whereas I was waiting in the queue.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd August 2018 at 20:03.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 14:31   #2786
Distinguished - BHPian

With new Fastags coming with this new design and shape, those who has older rectangle Fastags are looked 'suspiciously' I guess.

Couple of weeks back on NH 47 I slow down near dedicated lane barricade, as usual I point towards Fastag which is pasted near IRVM. The security manning the barricade is not convinced that it is a Fastag initially and asks me to move to next lane, however when I stop the vehicle nearer to the barricade, he takes a better look and lets me pass through.
Old 3rd August 2018, 15:40   #2787
Senior - BHPian

"Why do we have to get separate FasTAGs installed on our vehicles when we already get RFIDs from the factory on our vehicle wind shields?" If there is no way to integrate the factory fitted RFIDs into the FasTAG system, then why do vehicle showrooms/companies ask us to pay in hundreds for the RFID. They should tell us to get it done from the Toll Booth (POS) nearest to our place.

Am I wrong?

Last edited by GTO : 4th August 2018 at 08:50. Reason: Your opening line was inappropriate. Removing. Henceforth, please search
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:04   #2788
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Couple of weeks back on NH 47 I slow down near dedicated lane barricade, as usual I point towards Fastag which is pasted near IRVM. The security manning the barricade is not convinced that it is a Fastag initially and asks me to move to next lane, however when I stop the vehicle nearer to the barricade, he takes a better look and lets me pass through.
I've had similar experiences on the NH 47 tolls - some of these security guys aren't aware of the different types (issuers) of Fastag, so if you tell them you have a (ICICI) "Bank" tag they usually let you pass after another glance at the tag.
Old 3rd August 2018, 17:06   #2789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
then why do vehicle showrooms/companies ask us to pay in hundreds for the RFID. They should tell us to get it done from the Toll Booth (POS) nearest to our place.
Am I wrong?
Its a government order, https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/61465430.cms

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...er-2017-a.html
Old 3rd August 2018, 17:16   #2790
Senior - BHPian

It is mandatory all right, but why is the Fastag provided by Car Companies and Dealers not compatible with the Fastag Sensors installed at Toll Plazas? Why the discrepancy?

I would rather pay Cash or through PayTM/UPI if even with installing Fastags people have to wait for a while like you have to with Cash/UPI/PayTM.

The Govt. Order should make things easier for the common man, not complicated to keep shuttling between Car Company RFID and Fastag RFID, spending money for putting up both for a function which should be done by either of them in the first place.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed