Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2018, 05:05   #2686
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I am still in two minds for deciding new location of FASTag. If you have any info, guide me on the following as well :

If this plastic film option is a go, then I can try out both the locations.
I did the same before fixing it in its permanent position. I stuck cellotape on either sides and then placed it on different locations on windshield for a few days before i froze the final position. The idea came from one of the tbhpians here and it worked. You can try the same.

Of course, once you stick the tag, removal damages it completely. So better to try out positions on the screen before you decide what works for you.
Old 5th June 2018, 10:07   #2687
BHPian

In my recent trip on Hyderabad -- Kerala, all the toll booth had fastag functioning. Only one toll booth in Bangalore (near to Electronic City), doesn't have a dedicated lane for FasTag. All other toll booth had a dedicated lane for FasTag ..

What I noticed that the scanners mostly are placed on the top on the middle of the lane. But in some booths, I have noticed on the right side and left side. In one booth I was forced to drive through leftmost as in the first attempt it didn't read properly.
Old 5th June 2018, 14:20   #2688
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught in toll plaza traffic, Haryana Minister orders free rides

But the interesting bit:
Quote:
FASTag Users-

Toll manager Lalit Chauhan of Arya Toll Infra, a company that manages the toll plaza, said the number of Fastag users had trebled to 6,000 over the past one month after the monthly pass holders and local tag holders were converted to Fastags, but there was only one dedicated lane for them.

“We have written to the NHAI to increase the number of Fastag lanes, but there is no reply as yet,” said Mr. Chauhan
Source: The Hindu

So, here the Toll booth staff has written to NHAI for additional FT lanes while NHAI itself last year said all booths across the country will have Hybrid lanes
Old 9th June 2018, 11:54   #2689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
So, here the Toll booth staff has written to NHAI for additional FT lanes while NHAI itself last year said all booths across the country will have Hybrid lanes
Implementation of Fastag is interesting with a mix of NHAI, NPCI, Tag issuing banks, toll booths and showrooms for tag disbursement. No wonder any system related issues reported are remaining unresolved.
Old 9th June 2018, 21:47   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I did the same before fixing it in its permanent position. I stuck cellotape on either sides and then placed it on different locations on windshield for a few days before i froze the final position. The idea came from one of the tbhpians here and it worked. You can try the same.

Of course, once you stick the tag, removal damages it completely. So better to try out positions on the screen before you decide what works for you.
Yes, just sticking the tag using cellotape on both ends has works for me on the NH48 tolls all the way to hubli and part NH44. I have not stuck the tag directly. I will be keeping it that way and not stick the tag directly so that I can move around if needed
Old 11th June 2018, 11:53   #2691

Hi,
When I took the delivery of my EcoSport in March'18, alongwith vehicle papers I also got a receipt of Rs. 600 for FasTag, which they told at the time that they'll inform in detail after the RC Smart Card is delivered to me.
Around the 1st week of June, I got the RC Smart Card and now the dealer is giving me different advice - 'come on a weekday with 3-4 hours in hand, we'll then help you get it', 'It'll get delivered to us and we'll call and inform you to come and collect it' etc. etc.
To those who have gone through the process, could you please let me know what exactly is the process and can I get it online without having to pay the Rs. 600 again and without going to the dealer again?
Will look forward to your responses please....
Old 11th June 2018, 12:15   #2692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastNotFurious View Post
To those who have gone through the process, could you please let me know what exactly is the process and can I get it online without having to pay the Rs. 600 again and without going to the dealer again?
Will look forward to your responses please....
You have already paid 600 INR towards the FASTag to the dealer. So the only way out is to push the sales chap who dealt with you to get you the tag for you ASAP.

Whatever online route you take, you have no escape from paying so do that only if the dealer is able to refund/adjust the 600 INR that you already paid.

Off late, there have been no issues in getting the tag from any bank. Not sure why a delay in your case. Please follow up with the sales advisor and if need be, escalate to higher ups in the dealership.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 13:01   #2693

Thanks Parag for your prompt response, I was checking with the dealer only, but my SA is on leave for quite sometime and his replacements are worthless, everyone tells a different story.
Will now have to escalate to higher authorities in the dealership, because Ford's stand in this is very stand-offish - 'Please contact the dealer' as if they cannot put in a strict word to the dealer!
I suspect that my application would not have reached the FasTag issuer only, and these unscrupulous dealers wait for a customer to create a fuss before doing anything, and if the customer does not notice, this 600 bucks rests nicely in their pocket!!
FastNotFurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 14:45   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastNotFurious View Post
I suspect that my application would not have reached the FasTag issuer only, and these unscrupulous dealers wait for a customer to create a fuss before doing anything, and if the customer does not notice, this 600 bucks rests nicely in their pocket!!
I am surprised to see such a response from Ford and its dealer.

In my case, till now I have had total three interactions with the SA/FASTag person :
1. At delivery of vehicle : Maruti dealer pasted and activated the tag by the time we took vehicle keys at the time of delivery.

2. On receiving the permanent registration number : It took just one call to get it updated in the tag account. Infact the SA said that there's no need to submit additional documents as they already have everything on record.

3. Requesting new replacement tag : I deliberately removed original tag to ensure optimum location for dashcam. Before removing the tag, I called the FASTag guy at dealership (at 8pm !!) to understand the process to get new tag. He provided one step process of bringing the vehicle to the dealership and get the tag. It's other story though that I couldn't find time to go to the dealer till now. Hope to get it done today.

So, in summary, FASTag related processes are simple stuff. In your case, the dealer has messed up and definitely in need of much deserved bashing. Also, government has mandated the fitment of FASTag as OEM responsibility (before dispatching vehicles to the dealers); dealer end fitment is just a stop gap permission till OEMs develop formal process at their end. So, Ford can't wash off it's hands just by directing you to the dealer.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 11th June 2018 at 14:47.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 17:25   #2695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
3. Requesting new replacement tag :... He provided one step process of bringing the vehicle to the dealership and get the tag. It's other story though that I couldn't find time to go to the dealer till now. Hope to get it done today.
Today I got time to get the tag. Absolutely fuss free process.

Reach the dealership --> Show original RC --> Show that existing tag is removed from vehicle --> Get new tag.

Charges : Rs. 165 + 18% GST = Rs. 194.70 (deducted from tag account)

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag_change.jpg
PS: I am using ICICI Fastag
Old 13th June 2018, 16:55   #2696
Senior - BHPian

My car has a tag. Now I am unsure if it can be used as FASTTag. I had a broken windo and the tag was replaced and also was charged(Don't remember the amount). Can I use this for FASTTag and if yes, how do I re-charge?
Old 13th June 2018, 17:02   #2697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
My car has a tag. Now I am unsure if it can be used as FASTTag. I had a broken windo and the tag was replaced and also was charged(Don't remember the amount). Can I use this for FASTTag and if yes, how do I re-charge?
Are you talking about the factory fitted RFID? If so, this can't be used as Fastag. But if its Fastag, then you may need to get the details from the dealer and recharge it accordingly.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 17:16   #2698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Are you talking about the factory fitted RFID? If so, this can't be used as Fastag. But if its Fastag, then you may need to get the details from the dealer and recharge it accordingly.
This is a plain RFID tag and looks much smaller than FASTTag. This was there in car during delivery and the service center guys changed it while they changed the windshield. Guess this cannot be used as FASTTag.
Old 13th June 2018, 18:02   #2699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is a plain RFID tag and looks much smaller than FASTTag. This was there in car during delivery and the service center guys changed it while they changed the windshield. Guess this cannot be used as FASTTag.
Most probably that's a factory fitted one. Did you take the delivery after December, 2017?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...er-2017-a.html
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 18:10   #2700
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This was there in car during delivery and the service center guys changed it while they changed the windshield.
When replacing the windshield did they paste a new tag on it ? If so, that could have been a Fastag that they got a replacement tag for and pasted.

If the tag on the old windshield was the manufacturer/factory fitted one (plain RFID, not Fastag), I doubt if the dealer can get a replacement for it.

Last edited by NPV : 13th June 2018 at 18:12.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks