Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2018, 15:49   #2716
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Any idea how to cancel a Fastag. I have one from Axis but I have sold the car now. I have stripped off the tag. How do I get back the balance and deposit amount
Old 20th June 2018, 16:20   #2717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Any idea how to cancel a Fastag. I have one from Axis but I have sold the car now. I have stripped off the tag. How do I get back the balance and deposit amount
Should be similiar as ICICI, where, you need to fill up a closure form, attach a cancelled cheque and a xerox copy of the RC of the vehicle & owner's ID. In my case, ICICI bank NEFTed the balance amount in the FasTag account plus the 200/- deposit to the bank account of which I had given the cancelled cheque on the 4th day from filing the application.
Old 20th June 2018, 17:38   #2718
BHPian

Drove from Mumbai - Mahabaleshwar on Sunday, and used Fastag on this trip. However, it is more like SlowTag since at both the Expressway and Khedshivapur tolls, the Fastag lane has been combined with the trucks / buses lane and so you're effectively stuck behind these commercial vehicles, who are mostly paying cash. Absolutely no logic and defeats the purpose of Fastag!
phoenixash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 09:07   #2719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Have anyone tried removing the fastag RFID sticker and immediately pasting back on some other location on windscreen.
My fastag is an year old and planning to shift the location due to its coming in the view of dashcam. Can't shift dashcam for many other reasons
This would have been discussed umpteen times here. Better to get a replacement tag, I think they charge Rs.200 for that.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 11:56   #2720
Senior - BHPian

Got my Tag from HDFC last week and used it over the weekend on Bangalore-Mangalore highway. If travelling during during non peak traffic, there is no real time savings, you just get to enjoy cashless transaction. In two tolls I had to wait 3-4 minutes more than regular toll! Some of the toll have manual scanners which causes delay.If you have truckers ahead of you in FastTag lane, be rest assured to wait. Overall not very impressed.
Old 26th June 2018, 08:37   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post

I had ICICI Fastag and used it pretty well in various parts of India. Few months back I sold the vehicle and forgot the sticker on the windshield, and card was loaded with about Rs.1500. I got an SMS of Toll Transaction and then I realized about the card.
I contacted ICICI Fastag team and requested for :
a) cancellation of this particular Tag
b) Refund of Money to bank account
c) keep my Account Login intact/active (will be used to add another Tag for next vehicle)

I submitted a request letter, Cancelled Cheque. The service was prompt, money refunded well. And I have the account login still working.
Now Im applying for another Tag for the current car.
pcpranav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 08:43   #2722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
I submitted a request letter, Cancelled Cheque.
Oh. Where did you submit this letter? I've made the same request through their call centre and the portal link but no action has been taken so far. The only saving grace is that I had called up and told the First Choice guys to remove the tag. I had written off the Rs. 400 on the tag. :-)
Old 26th June 2018, 09:29   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Oh. Where did you submit this letter? I've made the same request through their call centre and the portal link but no action has been taken so far. The only saving grace is that I had called up and told the First Choice guys to remove the tag. I had written off the Rs. 400 on the tag. :-)

the initial Tag de-activation request I made on their Call Center, and then followed the cancellation process.
I just re-checked now, the documents (request letter, Aadhaar copy, Cancel Cheque) were scanned and submitted online, within my ICICI Fastag login - created a new inquiry case. Quite convenient.

sample of my request letter for your ref :
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-icici-fastag-cancel-letter.jpg

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 09:32   #2724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I applied for a fastag for my dad's wagonr via paytm. Expected delivery date as per app is Jul 4th. Is the paytm process slow or this is the standard?
An update - i contacted the paytm twitter account and they dispatched the tag and it was delivered on last Saturday afternoon. I traveled to Chennai from Bangalore on Sunday and back to Bangalore yesterday. The tag worked fine in through the journey.
Old 26th June 2018, 10:51   #2725
Team-BHP Support

I applied for a PayTM tag for my mother. The app would not allow one to put in details about the AADHAAR /DL/PAN. I kept getting the message - Wrong Format.

Rang PAYTM who asked me to send the details by email and everything will get uploaded within 48 hours. Nothng happened and then PayTM cancelled the order. I now have to visit the Toll booth and get a tag.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 11:13   #2726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nothng happened and then PayTM cancelled the order. I now have to visit the Toll booth and get a tag.
There is a bug in the link they send on SMS. Just call Paytm again and give reference to the auto cancelled order. Give them a piece of your mind. Then, place a fresh order on their website while on call with the rep. Give him the new order number. Then resend the ID proof and RC copy by mail. Believe me, the tag will be dispatched the next day and you will get it in 48 hours.

Telling you by experience of going through this route with them twice. I found this effort worthwhile since the convenience you get for re-charge of the tag through Paytm is un-paralleled
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 12:13   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I applied for a PayTM tag for my mother. The app would not allow one to put in details about the AADHAAR /DL/PAN. I kept getting the message - Wrong Format.

Rang PAYTM who asked me to send the details by email and everything will get uploaded within 48 hours. Nothng happened and then PayTM cancelled the order. I now have to visit the Toll booth and get a tag.
Message the PAYTM support via twitter. Worked wonders for me and a tag was dispatched in 24 hours!!
Old 26th June 2018, 13:37   #2728
BHPian

SMS from ICICI FasTag team :
Dear Customer, is your vehicle stuck at a plaza, please call 1033 to release your vehicle incase tag balance is available and vehicle is not blacklisted.

Hopefully, this might help resolve issues when toll plaza refuses to give us the benefit of FasTag ...
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 18:39   #2729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hopefully, this might help resolve issues when toll plaza refuses to give us the benefit of FasTag ...
Got the same SMS.
However, I am sceptical about the usage of this customer care.

1033 is the call center number of NHAI. Complaints regarding Fastag reported to NHAI through Emails earlier had not been much confidence inspiring.

They had closed the issue citing some random reasons for Fastag toll payment declines.

So don't think there will be any change if you call them too. I would be happy to be proven wrong by NHAI though.

As per me, it's a way for ICICI to shift blame of non working toll plazas to NHAI.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20180627183254.png
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 08:35   #2730
BHPian

HDFC seems to be the poorest implementor here (at least to me). Poorly designed website for fastag, no resolution to open disputes (open since last 3 months), no access to change user details (phone no.), unclear access to payment options. Should have gone with Paytm for ease of usage.

Most Viewed