Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2017, 15:11   #1216
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
This app looks shady to me as the publisher's name is "V1". Who publishes the app using a developer name V1?!
I too noticed it. But if you look further down in the App page in Playstore, the developer's email ID is clearly mentioned as 'support@ihmcl.com'. So it is likely to be a genuine App. Comparatively, the developer is mentioned as 'National Highways Authority of India' in Itunes page.
Old 18th August 2017, 15:14   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Now, when I go to the recharge page, I do not see the option of CUG wallet and when I go the Balance transfer page, it says I do not have multiple tags!
This does make sense, but why was the Wallet option coming up till 3-4 days ago ?
Did you go to Balance Transfer or CUG Balance Transfer? I can see that both are different options where the former is for transferring balance between multiple tags (not applicable in your case) and the latter is to transfer the balance from your CUG wallet to the tag (applicable in your case). If you selected Balance Transfer, you would get the error: "There are no multiple tag accounts to transfer the balance" as do I. I don't think there's any A/B testing going on here but the wrong option being selected.
Old 18th August 2017, 16:58   #1218
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you go to Balance Transfer or CUG Balance Transfer?
As I mentioned earlier, when I logged in a week ago, I did get the option to Pay to CUG wallet and also saw the CUG Balance transfer option.
On my next login (from another network), I did not see the wallet related options (Pay to and Transfer), hence my question on the AB testing
Old 18th August 2017, 17:01   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
I too noticed it. But if you look further down in the App page in Playstore, the developer's email ID is clearly mentioned as 'support@ihmcl.com'. So it is likely to be a genuine App.
The Email ID that we see if a just a free text field and even I can create an app and give 'support@ihmcl.com' as the support Email ID.
Old 18th August 2017, 17:50   #1220
BHPian

Need a clarification . My car is under the company's name and is through Employee car lease plan. I downloaded the new app on app store for Fast tag and when i apply for a tag it asks me to choose either individual or corporate. What should be the option to select?

The RC has company name and not my name on it.

Thanks in advance
Old 18th August 2017, 17:58   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
What should be the option to select?
You should put company name. You will have to provide company KYC documents to them.
Old 18th August 2017, 17:59   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
The Email ID that we see if a just a free text field and even I can create an app and give 'support@ihmcl.com' as the support Email ID.
Although, I do not have any knowledge about listing of an App in Playstore, and the possibility of listing with a fake email address in Playstore, why would a developer gives an email ID that is not of his, that too a Govt. organisation email address?
Old 18th August 2017, 18:11   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I need to change my windshield as it has cracked from a stone hit. What's the best way to remove the fastag sticker from the old windshield and fix it on the new one ? Soak it in water and then peel it off ? I hope it's not going to damage the tag.
i was in similar situation and had to visit the bank since I damaged the sticker while removing it.

The process at the bank is very easy (ICICI Bommanahalli) - all I had to do was to tell the guy that I damaged my tag - he asked some questions and went upstairs and came back with a new tag in around 10 minutes, and that is it.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 18:41   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Looks like paytm is charging INR 100 as tag price in comparison with all other banks which are offering fastag.
Attached Images

rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 21:38   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Looks like paytm is charging INR 100 as tag price in comparison with all other banks which are offering fastag.

Thanks for the update. I have ordered one through PAYTM and lets see how its going to work. While ordering it does not ask for any details for vehicle or person.
Old 18th August 2017, 22:18   #1226
BHPian

Update: FASTag: Procuring through PAYTM FASTag

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Thanks for the update. I have ordered one through PAYTM and lets see how its going to work. While ordering it does not ask for any details for vehicle or person.

I called up PAYTM FASTag TollFree @ 1800-102-6480 and received an update that PAYTM will be raising a request to send their representative to my residence for document collection and providing FASTag. After document validation only the FASTag will be active. I also asked that as I purchased through PAYTM website, will there be any issue. PAYTM Toll free agent updated that it will be tagged to your PAYTM account and will not be an issue. They will consider PAYTM transaction number for payment to be made. They have raised a request for visiting my residence and will be calling to fix an appointment.
Old 18th August 2017, 22:25   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Need a clarification . My car is under the company's name and is through Employee car lease plan. I downloaded the new app on app store for Fast tag and when i apply for a tag it asks me to choose either individual or corporate. What should be the option to select?

Thanks in advance
I am using fastag on company lease car registered in the name of company. When applying I asked the representative about this and he said it does not matter and took the RC copy and my residential address proof. In the application form he put it as individual. By the way I have ICICI tag.
Old 18th August 2017, 22:31   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Although, I do not have any knowledge about listing of an App in Playstore, and the possibility of listing with a fake email address in Playstore, why would a developer gives an email ID that is not of his, that too a Govt. organisation email address?
Not sure about that. But, didn't you think it's a legit app because you saw that email id?! It may be legit, but looks too unprofessional even by the standards of Govt. apps.
Old 19th August 2017, 00:29   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about that. But, didn't you think it's a legit app because you saw that email id?! It may be legit, but looks too unprofessional even by the standards of Govt. apps.
The email address is validated before you're allowed to upload any app.
Old 19th August 2017, 00:35   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The email address is validated before you're allowed to upload any app.
The email under discussion is the one that is displayed to users on Play Store. There is no validation on the same. Though I was sure of the same, just double checked it by editing one of our apps' support email id to my personal mail id and it got updated. The email of the developer is validated, but this is not what is shown to the users. I guess we are going off topic. So if any further query, please DM.

Most Viewed