Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 11:46   #1081
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
hi Aneezan, Would you know what is the timing for Fastag application in Hoskote toll plaza. Can we apply for ICICI Fastag there or which bank fastag is available ? How long did the process of application and getting the fastag take ?
thanks
Hey Alexgv,
Its IDBI that's processing the tag at Hoskote. (but not sure if ICICI reps are there too). Took less than a day. I got the sms confirmation in about 5 hours and could login and check my account.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 12:57   #1082
Senior - BHPian

I was returning from KIAL last evening. Went to the fastag booth at Devanahali toll plaza. There was a guy manning the entry to fastag. Saw my fastag, let me through. There was no barricade and I had a smooth pass through. The amount has not yet been debited to my account. May happen in a couple of days I think.
Old 20th July 2017, 13:05   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I was returning from KIAL last evening. Went to the fastag booth at Devanahali toll plaza. There was a guy manning the entry to fastag. Saw my fastag, let me through. There was no barricade and I had a smooth pass through. The amount has not yet been debited to my account. May happen in a couple of days I think.
Same for me. A couple of weeks back. Not yet debited. Seems their scanner is not working or the debit is very delayed.
Old 20th July 2017, 13:44   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Do we get an SMS message every time we pass through a Toll plaza and the money is deducted? That would be one way of keeping track of the incorrect ones.
Old 20th July 2017, 13:58   #1085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Do we get an SMS message every time we pass through a Toll plaza and the money is deducted? That would be one way of keeping track of the incorrect ones.
Usually yes, but not immediately. For me, it happens after an hour or more and sometimes end of the day, somewhere at 23:00hrs or more. However, I have been double charged two times but got only one message. The extra charge however was refunded after a few days without my intervention.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 14:02   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Can any one share the contact numbers of ICICI DSAs who are dealing with FasTag. .
Call Senthil 8217056120 I have tried him on couple of occasions and was found to be reliable.
Old 20th July 2017, 15:28   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/59677752.cms

Smart tags in all lanes of toll plazas from October-end
Old 20th July 2017, 15:43   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Thats a very good news.
Old 20th July 2017, 20:18   #1089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Same for me. A couple of weeks back. Not yet debited. Seems their scanner is not working or the debit is very delayed.
Not been charged at KIAL for around 10 trips in last 3 months. In profit I am!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 14:40   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Having mixed feelings on the results. FasTag put up in all lanes, may actually be detrimental to the FasTag users. Imagine, I have a FasTag join a queue with say 10 vehicles; 9 of them did not have a FasTag. I would lose lots of time. Here the time saving will only happen if all vehicles on the queue quickly pass on with FasTag.
sachinpk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 15:16   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Having mixed feelings on the results. FasTag put up in all lanes, may actually be detrimental to the FasTag users. Imagine, I have a FasTag join a queue with say 10 vehicles; 9 of them did not have a FasTag. I would lose lots of time. Here the time saving will only happen if all vehicles on the queue quickly pass on with FasTag.
Probably they can reverse the logic. Have 1 lane for non-tag users and remaining lanes for tag users. That way the non-tag users will quickly takeup the tag seeing the tag users drive through smoothly
alexgv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 23:14   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Most of the times, even SMS delivery is based on when the toll plaza requests the bank for deduction of the amount. And if deduction requests get delayed due to various reasons, the SMS does too.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Probably they can reverse the logic. Have 1 lane for non-tag users and remaining lanes for tag users. That way the non-tag users will quickly takeup the tag seeing the tag users drive through smoothly
I agree with Alex, unless they make sure that all non-tag vehicles are channeled via dedicated non-tag lane(s), this could be detrimental for the existing FasTag users.
Old 22nd July 2017, 00:28   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Not been charged at KIAL for around 10 trips in last 3 months. In profit I am!
Same for me too! This is the only toll plaza I have crossed since I have gotten my Fastag. I was starting to think there is some problem with my tag!
Old 24th July 2017, 09:29   #1094
Senior - BHPian

I had to goto my office at EC on saturday and so took the BETL. After getting confirmation from the person at the counter that they do provide fast tags at their office, I went immediately. The bank officials (from IDFC) were not present but the BETL lady present there helped me out. I will list out things needed just in case for future reference.

1. I was asked to fill up an application form ( Takes about 2-3 minutes).
2. Asked to provide a photo, RC copy and a ID proof.
3. Submit a cancelled cheque as they take a refundable deposit of 200 rs.
4. Pay cash of 500 rs (200 deposit + 200 fast tag charge + 100 min balance). They do not have a card machine so unfortunately one needs to carry cash.

Since I did not have cash, I gave all the other documents and went in afternoon to pay 500 rs. All in all the process took me 15 minutes to complete. I have to collect the tag today evening as their system was not working on saturday to generate the ID.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 17:15   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post

I will update the thread on how soon I get the tag and if any issues were faced.
It took a week for the tag to be activated. Then there was a delay in getting the tag from the agent.

Finally, I could use the tag for the first time last weekend, on my trip from Bangalore to Kochi and back.

The first toll that I had to cross was Attibele and I got an "Invalid Tag" display along with my vehicle regn. number at the gate. After arguing with the guy or some time that it is new tag and it has balance, I had to pay cash and proceed. While wondering if the tag was damaged, etc. I got an SMS that the amount has been debited from the tag, after a while. (I have raised a dispute for this today.)

I went on, hoping that the tag works properly the next time. At the next toll i.e. Krishnagiri, there was a big confusion because of the people manning the protruding gate and my inexperience. One guy came with a handheld scanner and scanned my tag and told me to proceed. Since there was no way to proceed in the ETC Lane as it was blocked by a bus and since he already scanned, I thought he asked me to proceed on the normal lane. I went till the counter and the guy didn't let me pass through, obviously :P Then I had to come back all the way and get back into the ETC lane and got scanned again by the handheld scanner. But I haven't observed any duplicate entry at that toll.

After this, it was a bliss. All the tolls were smooth and the FasTag experience was awesome! I had to pay cash only at the L&T Road.

But one doubt I have left is this: Some tolls don't have a boom barrier at the end. So what happens if a person with zero balance in the tag enters those tolls since he can anyway pass through?!

Most Viewed