Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2017, 18:45   #1306
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A colleague had applied and got this in less than 3 working days, in Bangalore. It was delivered to his workplace.
Even I have applied for Fastag today through Equitas Bank. Registration, upload of RC Book copy and Payment all took about 10 minutes of time. Now have received a confirmation message on my mobile stating I would be receiving my Fastag within 5 working days. Need to see how it goes.
Old 1st September 2017, 21:28   #1307
BHPian

I got FASTag activated from HDFC bank (e-Sahaj) in 14 days. I mailed the documents on 19th Aug and received the tag on 30th August. I immediately shared the image of the car with tag stuck through email. Today, I received a SMS with customer id and wallet ID mentioning that I will be receiving a call from the HDFC representative to complete the activation process.

The thing I liked about their service is ease of applying. We just need to email the documents and after receiving the tag, a photo of the car with the tag should be emailed.
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:43   #1308

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimathi View Post
I got FASTag activated from HDFC bank (e-Sahaj) in 14 days. I mailed the documents on 19th Aug and received the tag on 30th August. I immediately shared the image of the car with tag stuck through email. Today, I received a SMS with customer id and wallet ID mentioning that I will be receiving a call from the HDFC representative to complete the activation process.

The thing I liked about their service is ease of applying. We just need to email the documents and after receiving the tag, a photo of the car with the tag should be emailed.
Do we need to have a back account with HDFC to use their fastag activation process? Can you also please share the link?
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:22   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNY View Post
Do we need to have a back account with HDFC to use their fastag activation process? Can you also please share the link?
No. You can use any bank's NEFT/IMPS/UPI or debit card or credit card to load the FasTag account.
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:23   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

My Fastag from PayTm is still awaiting courier pickup. Did anyone of you guys who ordered on 24th or so get any updates?
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:33   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNY View Post
We don't need to have a hdfc bank account for activation. Her is the Activation link

In this form, I chose Sahaj as the Lead provider and within a day, I received an email from e-Sahaj asking us to email the following.

1. Filled & Signed Application form. (The form was given in the email itself)
2. Registration Certificate (RC) copy
3. KYC Document (as filled in the Application Form) (PAN/ Aadhar/ Passport/ Licence)
4. Transaction ID for the payment made to their HDFC Bank Account number. (The account number was given in the mail)

Their service is ok if you don't need the fastag immediately. As I mentioned in the earlier post, it took 14 days to get activated.
Old 2nd September 2017, 15:05   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
My Fastag from PayTm is still awaiting courier pickup. Did anyone of you guys who ordered on 24th or so get any updates?
I just received mine today. About to stick it on the glass. It came with a KYC form, not sure if someone is going to collect from me. No instructions on that in the pack. Form requires copy of address proof and ID proof.

Another point I noticed in the terms and conditions on the form is the tag getting invalid if unused for 3 months.
Old 2nd September 2017, 15:33   #1313
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Another point I noticed in the terms and conditions on the form is the tag getting invalid if unused for 3 months.
If that's true, it sucks
I have the ICICI Fastag and despite lying unused in blocks of 3-4 months over the last 2 years (when not doing highway runs) the tag still works fine and I've only been recharging the balance typically before each trip
I read somewhere on the forum that the ICICI Fastag is valid for 5 years, so no worries for another 3 years or so.

Also, why this difference in validity of Fastags issued by different providers ? Hate such fine print!

Last edited by NPV : 2nd September 2017 at 15:35.
Old 2nd September 2017, 16:15   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If that's true, it sucks
I have the ICICI Fastag and despite lying unused in blocks of 3-4 months over the last 2 years (when not doing highway runs) the tag still works fine and I've only been recharging the balance typically before each trip
I read somewhere on the forum that the ICICI Fastag is valid for 5 years, so no worries for another 3 years or so.

Also, why this difference in validity of Fastags issued by different providers ? Hate such fine print!
Maybe it means that the first use should happen within 3 months of issue?
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:26   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Sorry there is a correction, these are tiny letters which I misinterpreted. Exact wording is here: "In case the fastag remains unused for a period of 3 months with a due balance amount, the fastag account will be closed with prior intimation to the customer and such fastag will not be accepted at any toll plazas......" So it's about the 3 months unused situation with a due unpaid. Sorry for the confusion.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 20:06   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
I received my PAYTM FASTag today through DTDC courier. Installed on the car and now left action is to test it at toll point
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20170902200438.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20170902200420.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20170902200358.jpg  

aeroamit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 20:36   #1317
Distinguished - BHPian

Mine got shipped today. But what I am not understanding is when the tag will be active. And where is the portal to manage the tag and check history? My ICICI tag has a superb portal where I can handle all the tag related work easily. Not sure if paytm too has a similar setup.
Old 2nd September 2017, 21:27   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Mine got shipped today. But what I am not understanding is when the tag will be active. And where is the portal to manage the tag and check history? My ICICI tag has a superb portal where I can handle all the tag related work easily. Not sure if paytm too has a similar setup.
I called up PAYTM FASTag customer care and they updated that my FASTag is activated and I can use it by going through any toll gate. Also for Managing your Fastag one can check in PAYTM > Passbook. Also, PAYTM users just need to recharge their wallet and the same will be used used for toll charge deductions.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-image.jpeg  

aeroamit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 22:50   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
I called up PAYTM FASTag customer care and they updated that my FASTag is activated and I can use it by going through any toll gate.....
Are we supposed to call them and activate the tag? I haven't done that yet.
Old 2nd September 2017, 22:53   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Are we supposed to call them and activate the tag? I haven't done that yet.
I am not sure if we need to call them or not, but I just wanted to check if I need to open account with Paytm wallet bank. They confirmed its not required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks