Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 18:18   #1381
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

With FASTags to procure from multiple providers and the ease of getting it, I am sure cash lane cars will be laughing at us when they see queues in the Tag lane while cash lanes will have less than 3-4 vehicles.

Although there is a plan to have FASTag in all NHAI Plazas and if I read it right, extend this to all the lanes rather than just one dedicated lane, It would really not become a "FAST" tag lane but end up becoming a cashless lane.

The need of the hour is a very efficient tag detection and scanning system. Presently it is not that efficient as we all have experienced.

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th September 2017 at 18:27.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 18:36   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am sure cash lane cars will be laughing at us when they see queues in the Tag lane while cash lanes will have less than 3-4 vehicles.
Sorry for my ignorance but do I still have an option to join the cash lane and pay by cash instead of opting for the cashless way even if I have a Fastag?

Quote:
.....The need of the hour is a very efficient tag detection and scanning system. Presently it is not that efficient as we all have experienced.
Absolutely agree on this. The sudden increase in the sale of Fastag is caused due to the below news article where the headline says "From October 1, toll tags must for 4-wheelers?" They forgot to mention the vehicles sold on or after.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/60301140.cms

P.S. I have already ordered a Fastag from Paytm to see how accurately it works.

Last edited by jayantvs : 7th September 2017 at 18:37.
Old 7th September 2017, 18:38   #1383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
Sorry for my ignorance but do I still have an option to join the cash lane and pay by cash instead of opting for the cashless way even if I have a Fastag?
Always yes but don't be surprised if you reach home and notice that money was also deducted from your FASTag account.

Happened to a BHPian who parked his car next to the booth (at a restaurant) and the Scanner deducted the toll thrice .

Sometimes, being over efficient is also not good!

Read Arun's experience here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
One more double deduction @ Tangatur toll plaza(Vijaywada - Chennai highway) which has a hotel on top of it.

1st deduction has happened while parking the car and 2nd one has happened while crossing the toll using the Fastag lane. To park the car, I took the left most lane which is used by the locals.

I didn't receive any message at this toll and found this double deduction while checking the Fastag transactions today.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 18:54   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Always yes but don't be surprised if you reach home and notice that money was also deducted from your FASTag account.......Read Arun's experience here:
Thanks for the valuable information
I see a few others also had the same issue. In that case it is also possible if we are too close to another car and the Fastag may detect my Tag instead of the one in front me.
Will always have to keep track if we are not double or triple charged for the same toll.

Last edited by jayantvs : 7th September 2017 at 18:59.
Old 7th September 2017, 19:45   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
In that case it is also possible if we are too close to another car and the Fastag may detect my Tag instead of the one in front me.
Will always have to keep track if we are not double or triple charged for the same toll.
Yes, it is always advisable to leave a gap between you and the car in front of your, when using the FasTag lane.
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:58   #1386
BHPian

Got my tag today. Ordered on 5th and delivered on 7th. Amazing speed by equitas bank.

Will paste it on the windshield behind the IRVM and will test it out next week.
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 20:12   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I tried HDFC bank , ICICI bank and Axis for the past several months. Responses ( or the lack of it ? )were very sad. This morning I ordered two tags from Paytm and am hoping this experience turns out better. Will share more details once I get the tags in hand.
Quoting myself :
So, i got the SMS from Paytm and i could successfully manage to provide and upload all details.

The question i have is :
I ordered 2, one each for my cars. Now when i uploaded the details, i could do that for only one car. Does anyone know how i can do that for my second car? Hindsight, i think i should have ordered for one tag for now.
Old 7th September 2017, 20:50   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting myself :
So, i got the SMS from Paytm and i could successfully manage to provide and upload all details.

The question i have is :
I ordered 2, one each for my cars. Now when i uploaded the details, i could do that for only one car. Does anyone know how i can do that for my second car? Hindsight, i think i should have ordered for one tag for now.
From what I learned was that if you apply under the corporate category then you can link multiple tag to the same account. In case of individuals I have been told that every TAG will need a different account and will be treated separately.
On the side what happens if I were to switch and use the same tag on my different cars? Does the tag reader matches the TAG information to the information captured by the camera at the toll?
Old 7th September 2017, 21:20   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
From what I learned was that if you apply under the corporate category then you can link multiple tag to the same account. In case of individuals I have been told that every TAG will need a different account and will be treated separately.
On the side what happens if I were to switch and use the same tag on my different cars? Does the tag reader matches the TAG information to the information captured by the camera at the toll?
My understanding is that if multiple vehicles are registered to the same individual, then only 1 FASTag account will be created with multiple tags associated with that 1 account.

Thus, FASTag is dependent wholly on the RC details (like vehicle insurance operates). For example if a husband-wife couple have 2 cars registered under their individual names, then they will need 2 separate accounts.

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th September 2017 at 21:25. Reason: Clarity
Old 7th September 2017, 21:42   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My understanding is that if multiple vehicles are registered to the same individual, then only 1 FASTag account will be created with multiple tags associated with that 1 account.

Thus, FASTag is dependent wholly on the RC details (like vehicle insurance operates). For example if a husband-wife couple have 2 cars registered under their individual names, then they will need 2 separate accounts.
I have 3 cars registered between me and my wife's but since I had applied under individual category the first time so I cannot link my other 2 cars with it. But I have been told to register as a corporate and then I can not only add my remaining two cars but also my parents and brothers under the same account.
Old 7th September 2017, 23:20   #1391
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But I have been told to register as a corporate and then I can not only add my remaining two cars but also my parents and brothers under the same account.
But is it legal and feasible for an individual to register as a corporate? Won't the registration screens ask for the GST and CIN (for companies) or proprietary firms / partnership registration numbers?

EDIT: Yes, there are pretty onerous requirements: Scroll down to Q&A 6.
http://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CUS...ommon/FAQ.aspx

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th September 2017 at 23:23. Reason: Clarity
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 09:54   #1392
BHPian

I had applied for a Fastag from the ICICI Website 3 weeks back. The executive promptly collected the documents and the account got activated as well. However still to receive the account details and the Fastag. Some kind of customer service !!!
Old 8th September 2017, 10:00   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
But is it legal and feasible for an individual to register as a corporate? Won't the registration screens ask for the GST and CIN (for companies) or proprietary firms / partnership registration numbers?

EDIT: Yes, there are pretty onerous requirements: Scroll down to Q&A 6.
http://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CUS...ommon/FAQ.aspx
The list seems to need more documents but that is what I was told by the guy for the fasttag.
Old 8th September 2017, 10:08   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The list seems to need more documents but that is what I was told by the guy for the fasttag.
I would strongly advise against doing it "just because an agent told you to do it".

The government is very likely to ask for GST registration and other corporate data - as it is a government initiative, if not now then in the near future.
Old 8th September 2017, 10:13   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
The question i have is :
Did you order both the tags under single order?

I guess its better to place separate order for each tag/vehicle. So you will get a chance to upload individual RC's under each order id.

Most Viewed