Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2017, 20:51   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Called SBI toll free number. They have redirected me to their local agent for FASTAG at Bangalore. Checked with local guy at Rajkumar road(NICT Technologies pvt ltd).
It appears SBI has forwarded some select car numbers for issuing FASTAG tokens. Mine was one among them. Token was issued. Need to collect it from them.
I took car loan from SBI in May 2014 . Now they are issued me FASTAG without any involvement form my side
My 4 wheeler loan is from the SBI and so thought that might be their online banking have some facility to register for the SBI Fastag. Could not locate it after logging into the site.

I have expressed my interest for SBI Fastag via this link

https://fastag.onlinesbi.com/SBIETCB2C/Home

Do you have any inputs if one can map this (SBI Fastag) into the regular SBI Online Banking? Are the accounts automatically linked to one customer id?

I hope to get the SBI Fastag soon. Waiting for call / email from the concerned representative now. I had inquired with one gentleman at the SBI's local branch here and as per them there is a different team looking after this thing.
Old 21st September 2017, 21:42   #1517
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
My 4 wheeler loan is from the SBI and so thought that might be their online banking have some facility to register for the SBI Fastag. Could not locate it after logging into the site.
I have expressed my interest for SBI Fastag via this link
https://fastag.onlinesbi.com/SBIETCB2C/Home
Do you have any inputs if one can map this (SBI Fastag) into the regular SBI Online Banking? Are the accounts automatically linked to one customer id?
I hope to get the SBI Fastag soon. Waiting for call / email from the concerned representative now. I had inquired with one gentleman at the SBI's local branch here and as per them there is a different team looking after this thing.
As already stated by me, i did not apply. Suddenly i got SMS stating my fastag login id and password. I too did nt find any link from SBI bank account. But Fastag site has provision to load from bank account

Please call SBI fastag toll free number 1800-11-0018 to find out the authorized dealer or agency for Pune.

Last edited by rkg : 21st September 2017 at 21:44.
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 22:09   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I just logged into the paytm site and looked at the orders. the status is now showing - "Waiting for courier pickup" ; with a secondary status that said - "packed" . So I am guessing it will be sent out soon. The ambiguity of the whole thing still remains.

Checked my status on Paytm app. The status is showing 'packed' now. And the delivery date has been shifted to Sep 25th, from 24th earlier.
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:14   #1519
BHPian

HDFC FastTag started sending toll transaction SMSes today.
I only used to receive the recharge sms, but today morning received the BETL deduction SMS for each transaction. I got them around 20-25 mins after I crossed the toll gates.

Last edited by vidyanand : 22nd September 2017 at 09:15. Reason: spell check
vidyanand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:34   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
As already stated by me, i did not apply. Suddenly i got SMS stating my fastag login id and password. I too did nt find any link from SBI bank account. But Fastag site has provision to load from bank account

Please call SBI fastag toll free number 1800-11-0018 to find out the authorized dealer or agency for Pune.
Thank you sir. I just called up the customer care number. As per them, in Pune there are certain POS locations who can collect the documents, but they are all toll plazas. Now this is something fascinating. I was not expecting toll plazas to collect such vital details and have my own inhibitions . Nevertheless, I have written email to "'etc.nodal@ihmcl.com" and have asked them to share all POS locations across Pune.

I was basically expecting some office or similar setup or the bank branches at the least. But Toll Plaza

I was observing the site and just noticed the below

For more details on ETC and FASTag, please visit http://www.icicibank.com/FASTAG
For any escalations related to ETC please contact etc.nodal@ihmcl.com.

Now, why will a Sbi FasTag point towards IcIcI ?

Last edited by Majumdarda : 22nd September 2017 at 09:44. Reason: adding comments
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:40   #1521
BHPian

Yesterday the FastTag lane at Talegaon Toll on Expressway (heading to Pune) was empty. Decided to try my luck.
Drove in slowly the reader at the boom bar said "Invalid Tag".
The operator thought I was going to pay cash. I told him that the tag is not reading. He then pulled out a handheld reader and scanned it. Worked.

As the lane was completely empty and no one in Queue i chatted with the guy.
Asked him why the tag didnt get read he said I drove in too fast.
I told him this is a perpetual issue, the tag never gets read no matter how slow I drive in

If they can just have this handheld thing in each lane (even cash lane) it will help a lot. Typically FastTag lanes have a longer Q and move slower than cash/car at Expressway. Its a SlowTag
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:48   #1522
BHPian

Re: Paytm fastag - Thumbs Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I placed my order on 8th September and on 12th i received the link to upload the document on SMS and I uploaded the RC copy promptly through the link.

Yesterday i received a call from paytm asking me to verify my details such as name, vehicle number and email address. Then the guy on the other side said I will need to submit the RC copy again through email. Soon i got an email from them and replied to it promptly within an hour with document attached.

I thought things will move now as the order status was the same since Sep8th. But today I received an SMS from paytm saying they have refunded the money. My order got cancelled.
Got a message yesterday that my order was cancelled. No reason provided. Disappointed with Paytm this time.
Old 22nd September 2017, 13:34   #1523
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Got the tag. It seems it is complimentary from SBI. Today only i had signed on the application.
SBI Fastag agent is

NICT Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
No. 59/73, 2nd Floor, Sri Balaji Mansion
Dr. Rajkumar Road, Prakashnagar
Bangalore-560021
Landline : 080-41539921
Mobile: 7022004931 Mr Arjun Singh
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 13:35   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Some good news about FASTtag Lanes

Non-users will be fined
More FASTtag lanes will be added
20% of vehicles now use FastTag

More here
I thought this rule was already in place? I see notices at every toll booth saying that violators will be charged double. However, the operators do not enforce the rule since they are frightened of being beaten up by the local muscle or so-called influential persons etc. Why would they risk their health for the pittance they get paid?

Cheers
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:31   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Had complained about Devanahalli toll plaza near bangalore about toll operator allowing all vehicles in fastag lane. Got reply from NHAI that instructions have been given to allow only fastag vehicle and deploy additional marshals to man to fastag lane.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fast_tag.jpg  

shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:41   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Had complained about Devanahalli toll plaza near bangalore about toll operator allowing all vehicles in fastag lane. Got reply from NHAI that instructions have been given to allow only fastag vehicle and deploy additional marshals to man to fastag lane.
Nice.
Isn't this issue only in Bangalore - Hyderabad direction?
Lane 1 in Hyderabad - Bangalore direction has a marshal who allows only tagged vehicles.
Old 22nd September 2017, 17:47   #1527

Bagepalli Toll Plaza over charging

Mod note: Post edited for readability, please leave a space after paragraph breaks. Thanks.

Hello fellow bhpians, I have been travelling by my car to Namakkal (my hometown) from Hyderabad via Bangalore. I have done 3 round trips so far in last 6 months. I have fastag on my car so that I can zip through the toll plazas. The Raikal toll plaza is always painful as they let non-fastag vehicles queue up and waste our precious time. Apart from that toll plaza, rest of them are good in my experience. Here comes the kicker… after reaching Namakkal I was checking my SMS and got a shock that I have got a deduction of Rs.550 for my car in BAGEPALLI TOLL PLAZA. Immediately called up the fastag customer care and logged a complaint. I was promised that the refund will be processed within 5 working days. This happened on 2nd September, 2017 trip but the charges appeared on 3rd. I thought it is one time error. I returned through the same toll plaza on 5th September thinking everything would be normal. After returning to Hyderabad I forgot to check the status of my compliant and also did not check about the return journey charges.

Couple of days back my wife reminded me to check. Hence I logged on to fastag and to my horror neither the refund has come back, nor was the return journey charge normal. I was charged again Rs.550. I have checked the whole statement of account… everywhere the charges were accurate but this toll plaza has charged me /fleeced me. Further I checked for what class the Rs. 550 belong to… it is for vehicle with “7 or More Axles”. I have duly registered complaint for this online as well as on the phone.

When I called the helpdesk, few days back, the agent told me that it will take anywhere between 10 and 15 working days for refund. Now this 2 toll charge alone has blocked 1100 rupees. It should have been 85 x 2 = Rs. 170.

Questions to fellow members…. Has anyone else experienced this in the recent days?

My take… I believe, the toll plaza has set up the charge amount wrongly for the vehicle class… if this is happening for all the fastag vehicles, certainly the toll plaza is making a killer money. If there 100 cars passing daily with fastag, imagine the excess amount collected – 100*465=46500…. If you extrapolate this to a month it is 13 lac something.
Even if this was not a deliberate attempt, this issue should be classified as “Day Light Robbery” in my opinion. If any of you have passed this toll plaza in recent past, please check your statement and take appropriate action.

If possible post in this forum with dates of incident if you have been charged in fastag account wrongly. This way we can try to establish the timeframe of this scam.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd September 2017 at 18:34. Reason: Post edited for readability, please leave a space after paragraph breaks. Thanks.
GetzLover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:52   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bagepalli Toll Plaza over charging

This has been reported by numerous users on the HVK facebook forum . Send a mail to etc.nodal at ihmcl.com . They're a govt organization but I've heard the responses are far better than ICICI's fastag customer support.

Fastag is still in beta and and users like us continue to be guinea pigs.

http://www.ihmcl.com/

Mods - please merge this with the fastag thread.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 22nd September 2017 at 18:53.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 19:40   #1529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetzLover View Post
My take… I believe, the toll plaza has set up the charge amount wrongly for the vehicle class… if this is happening for all the fastag vehicles, ...
Yes, there is an issue, and this is being discussed in the Fastag thread.

It is possibly for tags issued by ICICI. ( have not checked updates on the Fastag thread)
Old 22nd September 2017, 21:46   #1530
Distinguished - BHPian

Please upload your grievance to https://pgportal.gov.in as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks