Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 10:20   #1396
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Got my tag today. Ordered on 5th and delivered on 7th. Amazing speed by equitas bank.
That's fast and praiseworthy turnaround time

I have also applied in their website yesterday evening. Have a long highway trip planned later this month. Hope, it will arrive and activate prior to that.
Old 8th September 2017, 13:39   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I had applied on Friday evening, yet to receive the tag physically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Applied on 30th and got it today morning. It was delayed because of continuous bank holidays. Very easy process compared to others. I tried first HDFC and they were not interested in attending single vehicle customers. They were looking for people ordering multiple tags.
Got the tag by Wednesday evening . Prospective buyers don't need to physically go to the toll booths or the banks to get one. Applying for one on the Equitas website is very simple.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 13:58   #1398
BHPian

Funny thing happened yesterday. On Hyd- Blore road, before jadcharla I passed the FastTag toll and after sometime I got sms saying that the toll has been deducted for my BRV which I was driving and my other car which is at my home. I was puzzled and then realized that the tag for the other car was in my wallet. I facepalm-ed and went on.
arun_kun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 14:07   #1399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Funny thing happened yesterday. On Hyd- Blore road, before jadcharla I passed the FastTag toll and after sometime I got sms saying that the toll has been deducted for my BRV which I was driving and my other car which is at my home. I was puzzled and then realized that the tag for the other car was in my wallet. I facepalm-ed and went on.
Is there any way to temporarily deactivate FASTag? For example, I could be driving on a company assignment and it is probably easier to submit the toll cash receipts rather than print off online statements.

Can this be an option?
Old 8th September 2017, 14:55   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Just placed an order for paytm fastag. Do we have to upload vehicle document for paytm fastag? If yes where do I upload? Did not see any option to upload vehicle document.
Old 8th September 2017, 14:57   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Just placed an order for paytm fastag. Do we have to upload vehicle document for paytm fastag? If yes where do I upload? Did not see any option to upload vehicle document.
You will get a link on SMS to upload your documents (Only RC scan is required) in a couple of days.
I ordered on 31st August and got the link to upload document on 4th September.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 17:22   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
.....toll has been deducted for my BRV which I was driving and my other car which is at my home. I was puzzled and then realized that the tag for the other car was in my wallet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is there any way to temporarily deactivate FASTag? For example, I could be driving on a company assignment and it is probably easier to submit the toll cash receipts rather than print off online statements....
I heard someone suggesting off the forum, not yet tried it myself, but it seems to work perfectly. Remember the courier came to you with the tag wrapped in aluminium foil ? Do the same wrapping whenever a tag is not used. Technically it should block the RFID from detection ! But it would be tough if your tag is already pasted on the windshield. Only option would be to make a transparent plastic sleeve pasted on the windshield, which enables you to place or remove the tag whenever required, but it must be removed and wrapped in foil without fail
Old 8th September 2017, 17:43   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
You will get a link on SMS to upload your documents (Only RC scan is required) in a couple of days.
I ordered on 31st August and got the link to upload document on 4th September.
Did you start using it? I have ended up in a complete mess with Paytm Fastag.

These are the turn of events :-

1) Ordered Paytm fastag 4-5 days back

2) Got the link and uploaded RC copy next day

3) Got Paytm Fastag wallet added in App 2 days back

4) Got the fastag today morning

5) Just called toll free number to verify everything and there starts the confusion. They are saying, regardless of how we applied, online or otherwise, a person has to come, install the tag, take a picture of it (on the car), upload docs incl KYC and the activate it. Till then it is not activated.

To me point 5 is crap. It defeats the whole purpose of online order. And mine is a KYC compliant paytm account and why does somebody need to come for doc collection again. After all it is only a fastag! My friend Binu, who ordered with me in Bangalore is facing the same issue and he tested with a toll booth expecting online-order-experience to work and it did not.

Please comment on your experience till your ensured the Paytm Tag works
sam_sant2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 17:55   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post

1) .........
I have reached only till step 3, yet to receive the Fastag
I assumed that as soon as we get the Fastag we can start using it. A few other BHPians have ordered the Fastag from Paytm and I believe they have started using it.

Can anyone confirm if the process what sam has mentioned about Fastag activation from Paytm is true? If that is the case, I will cancel the order if I still have the option

Last edited by jayantvs : 8th September 2017 at 17:56.
Old 8th September 2017, 18:25   #1405
BHPian

Quote:

5) Just called toll free number to verify everything and there starts the confusion. They are saying, regardless of how we applied, online or otherwise, a person has to come, install the tag, take a picture of it (on the car), upload docs incl KYC and the activate it. Till then it is not activated.

To me point 5 is crap. It defeats the whole purpose of online order. And mine is a KYC compliant paytm account and why does somebody need to come for doc collection again. After all it is only a fastag! My friend Binu, who ordered with me in Bangalore is facing the same issue and he tested with a toll booth expecting online-order-experience to work and it did not.

I was told that my Fastag will get activated in 24-48 hrs and someone will contact me to collect the document and also stick the tag. There was no mention of tag being activated after the process is completed and based on the postings of few members in this thread, their tags were activated before the documents were collected.

If this is a new step added by PayTM then I agree it defeats the purpose.
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 18:31   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
You have to ignore all those guidelines and phone instructions. It will get activated by itself if you have uploaded the basic RC copy and other details through the link they send by SMS. In case you prefer to wait for their person to visit and install, petrol/diesel vehicles may be banned on road by that day
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 18:33   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is like taking one step backwards. Whole point of ordering it online is convenience and to make things fast. If a person needs to do the verification and uploading its defeats the purpose.

Quote:
I assumed that as soon as we get the Fastag we can start using it. A few other BHPians have ordered the Fastag from Paytm and I believe they have started using it.

Can anyone confirm if the process what sam has mentioned about Fastag activation from Paytm is true? If that is the case, I will cancel the order if I still have the option
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
I was told that my Fastag will get activated in 24-48 hrs and someone will contact me to collect the document and also stick the tag. There was no mention of tag being activated after the process is completed and based on the postings of few members in this thread, their tags were activated before the documents were collected.
Anyone here who has the paytm fastag activated and working? Please share your experience. @deepakpatil did you get your fastag and try it yet? @jayant when are you expecting yours? Please try and let us know. If it doesn't work i will cancel my order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
You have to ignore all those guidelines and phone instructions. It will get activated by itself if you have uploaded the basic RC copy and other details through the link they send by SMS. In case you prefer to wait for their person to visit and install, petrol/diesel vehicles may be banned on road by that day
Good news. Hope it works like that
Old 8th September 2017, 18:41   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Shaju, I was asked to upload only RC document, what are other documents you are referring to? Did you get any additional link to load these additional documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
@deepakpatil did you get your fastag and try it yet?
I havent tried it yet. Also my PayTM account status in my Fastag wallet shows that tag is issued, this should change to activated then I will try it out and let you know
Old 8th September 2017, 18:49   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Shaju, I was asked to upload only RC document, what are other documents you are referring to? Did you get any additional link to load these additional documents.
I wrote 'RC copy' and "other details" ie.your address, phone number etc. I have not given any documents other than the RC upload. KYC form comes with the tag, I filled and planning to laminate it, as there is no sign of anyone coming to collect it until 2020, By that time I must be driving a Tesla
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 18:53   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
From what I learned was that if you apply under the corporate category then you can link multiple tag to the same account. In case of individuals I have been told that every TAG will need a different account and will be treated separately.
On the side what happens if I were to switch and use the same tag on my different cars? Does the tag reader matches the TAG information to the information captured by the camera at the toll?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My understanding is that if multiple vehicles are registered to the same individual, then only 1 FASTag account will be created with multiple tags associated with that 1 account.
Thus, FASTag is dependent wholly on the RC details (like vehicle insurance operates). For example if a husband-wife couple have 2 cars registered under their individual names, then they will need 2 separate accounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I have 3 cars registered between me and my wife's but since I had applied under individual category the first time so I cannot link my other 2 cars with it. But I have been told to register as a corporate and then I can not only add my remaining two cars but also my parents and brothers under the same account.
I have one login ID and 2 cars, 1 corporate and 1 personal, functioning perfectly. No complaints and no issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks