Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2017, 15:40   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
.....Perhaps, you can totally remove the background sticker and paste it elsewhere without any issue....
Thanks for the tip. I will take a call on that after using it at least once at a toll. So, even if it gets spoiled, I regret less The factory tag is so compact and less intruding, wondering why other providers can not follow the same measurements !
Old 4th September 2017, 15:48   #1337
BHPian

Where do you find shipping information for paytm? I ordered on 18th and uploaded the RC on 30th, yet no sign of delivery. When i call on paytm fastag support, they say I should contact paytm mall support since i got it from there and they provide support only for fastag related issues, not for logistics issues. Paytm mall support is unreachable over phone calls and no response to the mails :(
Old 4th September 2017, 16:50   #1338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Where do you find shipping information for paytm? I ordered on 18th and uploaded the RC on 30th, yet no sign of delivery. When i call on paytm fastag support, they say I should contact paytm mall support since i got it from there and they provide support only for fastag related issues, not for logistics issues. Paytm mall support is unreachable over phone calls and no response to the mails :(
Similarly, I ordered on 25 August but haven't heard back at all from them! I also tried the Mall helpline but they are unreachable.

I haven't even uploaded the RC details as I haven't got any response from them. Did they send you an upload link?
Old 4th September 2017, 17:12   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I haven't even uploaded the RC details as I haven't got any response from them. Did they send you an upload link?
Yes, they sent me a link. Have you tried this link? https://register-fastag.paytm.com/
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 17:20   #1340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they sent me a link. Have you tried this link? https://register-fastag.paytm.com/
Thanks, I tried it but says invalid combination. Something these guys need to initiate I think before I can do anything!
Old 4th September 2017, 17:59   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....When i call on paytm fastag support, they say I should contact paytm mall support since i got it from there and they provide support only for fastag related issues, not for logistics issues. Paytm mall support is unreachable over phone calls and no response to the mails
I have tried both numbers, both are equally frustrating. You still need to wait for your lucky stars to rise and shine on the issue ! Eventually it will
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks, I tried it but says invalid combination. Something these guys need to initiate I think before I can do anything!
They have to send it to your registered ID, I dont think a common link will work for everyone !

My thought on the discussed issues : Someone in the ministry might have told them fastags are going to be mandatory from a given date, Paytm immediately added it to their listing, although their production, delivery and support system are not yet ready ! Since I am following up with their growth right from its inception, I have a Savings Acc created on the app with a virtual debit card too. Hoping and praying that the "promised" 15 lakhs come to my Paytm Acc very soon and my fastag becomes a freetag throughout India
Old 4th September 2017, 19:38   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
They have to send it to your registered ID, I dont think a common link will work for everyone !
The link seems to be a common one, but paytm needs to activate it against a particular order/mobile number.

I have ordered on 31 Aug and as of now status is "Order Received", with delivery timeline as 20 Sep.

Looks like, at this time paytm bit off more than what it could chew
Old 4th September 2017, 20:52   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I applied for fasttag from Equitas. It's a small finance bank.
They have the option of uploading the RC and other KYC documents online. I applied on 24th Aug 2017 night, the application got approved on 28th and I got the tag by courier on 30th Aug, inspite of the long holiday weekend.
Payment was also done online. Minimum is 500/-, out of which 200 is the deposit, 200 is the tag charge and 100 added to the tag balance.
Overall a very smooth process even the website looked a bit rudimentary.

Here is the link
https://fastag.equitasbank.com/

Only step pending is to try it out at a toll plaza.
I was able to verify my tag today at the Hoskote toll plaza, near Bangalore. Worked flawlessly, though the SMS came quite late for the onward journey.
In the return journey, the vehicle number shown on the display was wrong and the SMS never came, though the barrier opened without any problems.
Old 4th September 2017, 21:28   #1344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
The link seems to be a common one, but paytm needs to activate it against a particular order/mobile number.

Looks like, at this time paytm bit off more than what it could chew
Exactly. But the link is user specifc. It's hardcoded to one order Id and a one time link. Once uploaded reupload is not possible.

Quote:
The day I ordered Fastag the number of orders was 900 odd. But today it stands at 3000 odd number. It looks like there is a spike in orders recently. Hence I guess they were never prepared for this. Looks like HDFC or Equitas might give a better turnaround than PayTm.
Old 5th September 2017, 10:06   #1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkudva View Post
I ordered a paytm fastag on 18th Aug. I received the SMS, uploaded the docs & got a confirmation call as well. From 1st Sep, I can see the fastag section in my paytm wallet with the amount and today I received a mail saying "Fastag delivered".
But in reality I haven't received the tag. There is no tracking number in teh app as well. I called up paytm and raised a complaint but they say we'll track and update in 24-48 hours.
I cannot believe a company like paytm doesn't provide me a details of courier and tracking. Really disappointed!

Anyone else faced this issue? Received the delivery mail before the actual delivery?
I received the Fastag today. Its funny that Paytm should send me a 'delivered' mail without being in sync with the courier! Anyways yet to install the same, but I can see the tag in my Paytm wallet. So guess I am good to go!
Old 5th September 2017, 10:14   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

I see in my PayTm account status that the Fastag is Active and has a balance of 150 rupees. But I am yet to install it on the car or test it. Now I added money into my wallet and am not finding a way to move that money into my Fastag account. I would prefer a separate balance for Fastag since I rarely use Paytm for any payments. Moreover, for those who wish to avail monthly pass or concessions, it cant be done as easily as what is available in ICICI tag. As per their FAQ, you need to visit the respective toll booth and they need to enable the pass and associate it with your tag.

With an ICICI tag(or other banks) we can enable concessions through the website itself. Thats not an issue for me, but if one wants to avail this, he better look for other options than paytm.
Old 5th September 2017, 12:26   #1347
BHPian

I have tried to get Fastag at the nelamangala and Tumkur toll plaza during my last outstation trips. But being bank holiday wasn't able to get one.

Had applied several times on the icici website but none came to collect the documents.

Last week when i read the news article that fastag is mandatory from Oct 1 and an App is launched, i downloaded the My fastag app immediately. Saw there was option to apply for new one via HDFC, SBI PayTm as well!

Applied via HDFC and got message that someone from Bank will contact me. Same with SBI. Didn't try with PayTm as i know they are slow.

Then while browsing team-bhp came across this thread and read someone applying and receiving their fastag from Equitas Bank. i too applied for a new Fastag on this portal today. Uploaded the documents (RC and ID proof), made the payment and got immediate confirmation of the application with a tracking number.

The SMS also mentioned that i shall receive my Fastag within 5 working days. Fingers crossed now to see how quickly i will receive it.
Old 5th September 2017, 12:52   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I see in my PayTm account status that the Fastag is Active and has a balance of 150 rupees. But I am yet to install it on the car or test it. Now I added money into my wallet and am not finding a way to move that money into my Fastag account. I would prefer a separate balance for Fastag since I rarely use Paytm for any payments.....
Congrats !! I think mine will be the last one to get the green light !!!

Is there a separate wallet for fastag ? I dont think so. The 150 what you see as balance is what came from the 500 what you paid while placing the order. Each toll use is supposed to deduct from your main paytm wallet, if I understand it correctly from their description. I can see my total balance is Rs.150 more than the wallet balance, although fastag is not yet appearing in my app.
Old 5th September 2017, 13:32   #1349
BHPian

I received an SMS from PayTM asking me to visit a link and upload my RC copy. When I fill the form and submit, it shows "Request Failed!!! Please try Again!" But it then takes me to the page where it says Thank you for choosing PayTM with Order Number ** and that my tag will be shipped shortly. What is going on? Has anyone else faced this? I tried this 4 times all the same. I don't know what to assume, whether application went through or it did not?

I called up the Mall helpline they ask me to call the FASTag helpline. I called the FASTag helpline they send me to the other one.
beingyukeit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 13:40   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
I received an SMS from PayTM asking me to visit a link and upload my RC copy. When I fill the form and submit, it shows "Request Failed!!! Please try Again!"
Same here, I got an SMS from paytm with the link to upload RC copy but got the following error message:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-pt.jpg

After clicking OK, saw the following:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-pt1.jpg

Called customer support. They took personal/car information on phone with their usual response that they will revert back in 24 - 48 hours.

Already attempted few times. Only thing left to check is whether office network is the issue. I will try from home in the evening.

Last edited by airbus : 5th September 2017 at 13:44. Reason: Update

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks