Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 09:07   #586
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
It is 2 months since I have been using the FastTag. I am happy about this arrangement until now.

Aren't we suppose to receive a cashback of 10% of toll charges paid, every month? Is everybody receiving it? I am not and so I wrote a message at my online fast tag login, but did not get any reply yet. Anybody, knows what is the way to get the cashback activated? Thank you.
Hi Biju
I got my cashback without any action from my end.
Last week, when I checked my account, could see they had deposited some amount under the heading cashback
Old 16th February 2017, 10:07   #587
BHPian

Planning on driving down to Chikkamagalur from Bangalore (Fraser Town) tomorrow afternoon. And it suddenly struck me, it's High Time I get a FASTag!

• Called ICICI, they say 1 week processing time (sceptical of that after reading experiences here).
  • IDFC says you need to pick from POS terminals.
  • Axis gave a number, but the guy's not receiving
Since I hardly use the car for commuting (about once a year), can't make it to the eCity Toll Plaza today. Gave a thought of going to the Devanahalli Toll Plaza on my way out tomorrow, but will be an unnecessarily long detour.

Is there hope? or should I just Cash it out?

Can I pick up a FASTag on my way to Hassan? I don't mind going a bit ahead on Tumkur Road (to the toll plaza after the Nelamangala Junction left to Hassan/Kunigal/Mangalore) if I can get it there.

Any idea?
Old 16th February 2017, 10:19   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Can I pick up a FASTag on my way to Hassan? I don't mind going a bit ahead on Tumkur Road (to the toll plaza after the Nelamangala Junction left to Hassan/Kunigal/Mangalore) if I can get it there.

Any idea?
Answered below - Have ZERO hopes on these toll booths marked as POS Locations. They don't even know if they ever sold FASTag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Gave up and started back for Bangalore and now I wanted to check how "Equipped" were the Shantigrama and NBTL Toll Plazas to sell FASTags as these 2 booth were listed as the POS Locations under ICICI FASTag website.

At Shantigrama toll, I asked the toll booth staff and he says "Yes Sir, Tags are given and available" - So I pull over after the booth, cross to the other side to access the Booth office and when I enquire inside, I am told that they NEVER distributed FASTags at this booth at all. Not even in the past despite of their booth listed as part of POS locations. I come back and continue my journey.

At NBTL toll, Nelamangala, I asked the toll booth Staff and he sayd "Yes Sir, Tags are available at the Bank" and when I ask if their office was selling then, he was again clueless.

So overall, it was a flop show on yesterday at 3 locations.
Your best bet - Devanahalli Toll Booth (KIAL)
Old 16th February 2017, 17:28   #589
Team-BHP Support

I inaugarated my Fasttag with a trip to Goa and back. It saved a lot of time up till Hubli.

Most of the FastTag lanes were well marked. A guard seals off the lane and as we approach, he signals us to move to another lane until we point out the tag. Then we are waved through. The lane has two stages, first the system assesses whether you have a valid tag. If not, you take the exit lane other wise you pass through for a remote or hand scan.

Curiously though, while I have been charged for all the tolls on my onward journey. I have not been charged for my return journey as yet.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 18:02   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

I submitted my application and relevant papers to their office on NH4 outside the Pune toll booth about 2 months back in mid December. So far I have not heard back about my Fastag. Does it take this long to be generated?
Old 16th February 2017, 18:57   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Answered below - Have ZERO hopes on these toll booths marked as POS Locations. They don't even know if they ever sold FASTag.
Thanks for this! It set my expectations.

Quote:
Your best bet - Devanahalli Toll Booth (KIAL)
Would have worked if I had planned in advance, but going to that toll booth just for FASTag, would be a big time and distance killer! So will drop it.

That said, read below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
  • Axis gave a number, but the guy's not receiving

Is there hope? or should I just Cash it out?
I finally managed to get through to the Axis contact (after some 15 calls from both mobile and home land line). But once I did he seemed to be extremely cooperative and explained a simple and fast process. Just waiting for the process to complete and the tag.

Will update once complete and satisfied.

This could potentially be a big (time and effort) saver for all of us looking to get FASTag!
Old 16th February 2017, 20:24   #592
BHPian

Thanks to an earlier post on this thread, I got my Fastag from Chennai. The process was fairly painless:

I called up Prabhu, the contact listed in if the earlier posts at 96770 91567. He confirmed that tags were available and that he could issue them for outstation cars.

I downloaded the application form, filled it and attached all the supporting documentation.

I couriered the forms over to my folks in Chennai who dropped it off with Prabhu at his office location near Kathipara Junction along with Rs. 500 in cash. He confirmed that the documents were OK. This was on Thursday.

I got an SMS this Tuesday that my account had been created. Shortly after, my folks got a call from Prabhu saying that the tag was ready.

I logged in to verify that my details were correct.

I'll be picking up the tag when I'm in Chennai next week.

For those in Chennai and to others who can travel there or have friends/family who can help, this is a viable option. Prabhu has been extremely helpful and super responsive.

Points to note:
Only cash accepted along with the application.

I'm not sure that this can be done entirely remotely i.e. via courier back and forth. For those extra keen, might be worth giving him a call
Old 16th February 2017, 21:02   #593

Quote:
Been more than 2 weeks I drove to work now. So haven't been able to check.

However, I will be visiting Devanahalli Toll Booth today and provide an update.
I tried thrice in the last 2 months without any luck (Devanahalli Toll Booth).
Old 16th February 2017, 21:04   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryakamal View Post
I tried thrice in the last 2 months without any luck (Devanahalli Toll Booth).
Flip a page back. You will see that I got mine from Devanahalli only last week. After me, even other Bhpians including Fusionbang got it too.

Refer this post:
Quote:
FASTag availability at KIAL, Devanahalli Toll Plaza:

I got mine today spending 20 minutes and it was activated instantly too. I am yet to test the same but I am sure this will be functional and won't give me any trouble.

Last edited by paragsachania : 16th February 2017 at 21:06.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 21:20   #595

Quote:
Flip a page back. You will see that I got mine from Devanahalli only last week. After me, even other Bhpians including Fusionbang got it too.

Refer this post:
Thanks for the update. Twice, the guy at the counter gave a mobile number of ICICI person to contact and couldn't get him. About three weeks back, when I was there last time, I could speak to him and said tags are expected in the next 2 to 3 weeks and said, he got my number and will inform.
I am again going that side this weekend and will give a try.

Thanks again.
suryakamal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 13:16   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Last week, when I checked my account, could see they had deposited some amount under the heading cashback
Just got my statement, and I found two entries
04/02/2017 00:21:32 Adjustment Adjustment credit to Prepaid Tolls through Cashback 13.50 CR
31/01/2017 17:03:36 Adjustment Adjustment credit to Prepaid Tolls through Cashback 10.50 CR

Are these the cash backs? And my understanding is that it is 10% of the entire tolls paid during a month. Is my assumption right? Because in that case my credited amount should be slightly more.
Old 17th February 2017, 14:38   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Just got my statement, and I found two entries
04/02/2017 00:21:32 Adjustment Adjustment credit to Prepaid Tolls through Cashback 13.50 CR
31/01/2017 17:03:36 Adjustment Adjustment credit to Prepaid Tolls through Cashback 10.50 CR

Are these the cash backs? And my understanding is that it is 10% of the entire tolls paid during a month. Is my assumption right? Because in that case my credited amount should be slightly more.
As per website the cashback is settled on a month on month basis. But for me, even though I took the card by Nov end, I have got only one cash back. And I have used the card in Nov,Dec,Jan and Feb.
joecherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 17:42   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
It is actually 10% of toll "settled" amount for the entire month. In some cases, the toll amount is settled after few days / weeks of the trip date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
As per website the cashback is settled on a month on month basis. But for me, even though I took the card by Nov end, I have got only one cash back. And I have used the card in Nov,Dec,Jan and Feb.
I believe till date cashback have been provided till December end. Cashback for November 2016 was credited on 31st January. For the month of January it is still pending and February is still ongoing month.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 17:49   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I submitted my application and relevant papers to their office on NH4 outside the Pune toll booth about 2 months back in mid December. So far I have not heard back about my Fastag. Does it take this long to be generated?
Not willing to wait any longer and with an outstation road trip planned for mid March I called their toll free helpline.

They took down my complaint and provided me a complaint reference number. According to the lady on the phone someone from the Khed-Shivapur FASTag booth will revert to me in the next 3 days. After all this I think seeing is believing.

I just can't believe how shoddily they have implemented this system. The lack of professionalism is astounding.
Old 18th February 2017, 12:30   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

This was taken on the Chennai - Krishnagiri stretch, All trucks in front of me had Fastag and two trucks behind me as well. At the same time, Non-Fastag lanes were empty. The situation was same in the next toll as well. So, with more and more trucks using Fastag, NHAI should start implementing more Fastag lanes which will make more sense for Fastag users.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks