Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2017, 14:04   #541
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Has anyone been able to get FASTag activated using the factory installed RFID tag?
My XUV has a factory installed RFID on the windshield and I believe many new cars are now coming with factory installed RFID tags.
Given the frequent shortage of RFID tags, it would make sense to use the one already on the car. I would really like to get that done if possible.
Old 1st February 2017, 16:01   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Has anyone been able to get FASTag activated using the factory installed RFID tag?
It doesn't work, part of that I guess is due to the stupidity during planning phase.

Out of the entire Fastag process, RFID is the cheapest and easiest to fix item. The sensors at toll booths, payment gateways, multiple banks as vendors are the complex players.

For some reason, they thought to mandate vehicle manufactures to install RFID in all vehicles.

For bank issuing an RFID now, all they have to do is map the RFID which they have against Fastag account. If the tag doesn't work (like it has happened to few members), they change the tag and re-map the same in their database.

With the factory fitted RFID, any issue with the chip, you will have to contact your car manufactures to getting a replacement chip and again get it mapped by bank.
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 21:22   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
It doesn't work, part of that I guess is due to the stupidity during planning phase.
Hmm.. we as a nation do seem to have a problem here. Think about the Driving Licenses. Most of the states now seem to have gone for "smart card". None of them have any uniformity. Some have embedded chips, which most likely cannot be read by their own respective RTOs and state police mobile units. A few others have colour print outs which are laminated, and labelled as "computerised" DLs. I know there are exceptions, but most of them are big organisations which have uniform presence across all states (eg: Railways).
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 07:41   #544
Senior - BHPian

Got this SMS this morning:

"Dear Customer, on reconciliation of your ICICI Bank FASTag account and posting of any unsettled toll transaction pertaining to December and January, your tag may be debited over the next 2 days. We regret inconvenience caused."

Seems to me they do reconciliation only once every two months, and that window for Dec & Jan is now.
Old 2nd February 2017, 11:47   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Hi, any update on the availability of tags at booths in general and in the Devanahalli booth in particular? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Been more than 2 weeks I drove to work now. So haven't been able to check.

However, I will be visiting Devanahalli Toll Booth today and provide an update.

As on 2nd Feb, 2017:

No tags in stock at the KIAL Toll Plaza near Devanahalli.

In fact, they have now even removed the FASTag banner from that small shed. I enquired at the window and the gentleman said that FASTag representative hasn't been coming there since few days and even said there has been no stock of the tags since a month (last I visited was during the Xmas Vacation).

However, I have got his name and number and anyone planning to visit, please call and confirm the availability before going. For me, it was just a 15 minute drive from Yelahanka .

Srinath - 7204551337
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:05   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
My XUV has a factory installed RFID on the windshield and I believe many new cars are now coming with factory installed RFID tags.
Given the frequent shortage of RFID tags, it would make sense to use the one already on the car. I would really like to get that done if possible.
When I checked ICICI bank's FAQ section, this is the answer they had for your question:
"We are exploring ways to use these tags for ETC , however it will require some new technical development. It will also be subject to tag being in proper condition without any damage or tampering."
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:39   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

"Dear Customer, on reconciliation of your ICICI Bank FASTag account and posting of any unsettled toll transaction pertaining to December and January, your tag may be debited over the next 2 days. We regret inconvenience caused."

Seems to me they do reconciliation only once every two months, and that window for Dec & Jan is now.
yes. BETL hasn't been deducting for many days in between though the scanner reads the tag. The worry is when they do these backend work, All these daily/return rate calculation goes for a toss and they end up deducting as two single trips. Hope it is rectified.
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:20   #548
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I received the above message again today, followed by this one

Quote:
Dear Customer, request you to maintain sufficient balance in your ICICI Bank FAStag Account to ensure smooth transition through all toll plazas.
Are they implementing the balance check now at the tolls ? At some tolls I've seen "Invalid Tag", "Blacklisted Tag" and "Insufficient Balance" displayed during my trips and the toll attendants have opened the boom barrier from inside the booth (though it has worked fine at other tolls during the same journey) and on every such drive, there has never been a situation where the account really had insufficient balance, so I hope they are actually fixing real issues and the system begins to validate and deduct correctly.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:34   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Are they implementing the balance check now at the tolls?
I don't think this (realtime check of tag validity and balance availability) is practically possible since I feel it is unlikely that highly reliable network access is available at all toll booths and for all handheld scanners.

What they could do is to make available offline lists of blacklisted tags and enforce penalties for going over the available balance.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 20:33   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

As on 2nd Feb, 2017:

No tags in stock at the KIAL Toll Plaza near Devanahalli.
Thanks much for the update. Is the ICICI Bank in faraway Hosur Road the only option then? It's a bit head scratching that nobody thought it fit to set up a location in Central and North Bangalore to issue tags
Old 2nd February 2017, 20:49   #551
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think this (realtime check of tag validity and balance availability) is practically possible since I feel it is unlikely that highly reliable network access is available at all toll booths and for all handheld scanners.

What they could do is to make available offline lists of blacklisted tags and enforce penalties for going over the available balance.
I guess realtime handling is already in place, since it works for BETL provided tags in EC and Attibele tolls. Also one of the tolls towards Salem - Madurai stretch, was showing registration number and balance for FASTag as well.
Old 2nd February 2017, 21:20   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I guess realtime handling is already in place, since it works for BETL provided tags in EC and Attibele tolls. Also one of the tolls towards Salem - Madurai stretch, was showing registration number and balance for FASTag as well.
I did say, at ALL toll booths, and even for the hand-held devices.
Old 2nd February 2017, 21:21   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes I have got the same as well, they have requested to keep appropriate account balance, so that it can be deducted.
Old 3rd February 2017, 13:44   #554
Senior - BHPian

I haven't got the cashback of 10% for December month, any of you got the cash back? Last time i raised a ticket, they mentioned December month cashback will be given by January.
Old 3rd February 2017, 14:33   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I haven't got the cashback of 10% for December month, any of you got the cash back? Last time i raised a ticket, they mentioned December month cashback will be given by January.
My account statement shows cash back on Jan 31st and the comment says for the period of November. I am not sure if the time period mentioned is correct though
gadadhar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks