Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2017, 11:05   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Initial Experience Procuring and Using the Axis Bank driven FASTag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
OK, as promised, here's the process. Am sure it is the fastest and easiest way to get a FASTag home delivered (in Bangalore) for now.
I'm afraid this is no longer the case. I initiated this with Mr. Umesh (as Mr. Sudheer was not available on phone) on Feb 28, wherein I sent him scanned copies of all required artifacts over email, and here I am, still waiting for him to deliver the tag to me after 10 days! No definitive answer from him so far, all I get is "I will come tomorrow for sure" promises

Last edited by cool_dube : 10th March 2017 at 11:15. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 10th March 2017, 20:26   #662
BHPian

I reckon we are in the same boat, he has also promised me to deliver understand he is on leave and will action perhaps next week. Contrary to this will have to work out alternate.
Old 11th March 2017, 23:42   #663
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

This is a minor update regarding Fastag lanes on NH4 Belgaum--Pune--Mumbai stretch. Pardon me if this has already been updated here earlier. At all the toll plazas on this 500 km route, sign boards mentioning the 'lane number and direction' of the Fastag lanes have been put up in advance, say about 300-400 metres before you arrive at the toll.

Eg : At Khed Shivapur toll plaza Pune ( going towards Kolhapur ), there's a sign board put up about 300 metres before the toll that says '' Fastag lane number 18 ,keep left ''. I might have put up the wrong lane number here but this is just to explain what the signboards look like.
vivek95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 11:33   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I'm afraid this is no longer the case. I initiated this with Mr. Umesh (as Mr. Sudheer was not available on phone) on Feb 28, wherein I sent him scanned copies of all required artifacts over email, and here I am, still waiting for him to deliver the tag to me after 10 days! No definitive answer from him so far, all I get is "I will come tomorrow for sure" promises

No point in waiting, they are not responding, I have also raised this with AXIS bank, they are clueless have raised a ticket. As alternate we visited BETL at Electronic City, submitted our application,on Sat last later in evening got an SMS stating account opened with IDFC bank and have asked us to visit on Monday to collect the tag, here one more additional information is we have to give our bank details, besides the other requisite documents. Hope this clarifies
Old 12th March 2017, 14:01   #665
BHPian

I got 5 fastags for all my cars relatively easy from Devanahalli toll plaza. All were activated in less than 24 hours. I am facing a glitch with the SMS updates, tags which are linked to Airtel number get SMS and the tags linked to Vodafone or BSNL number never get SMS Customer care is clueless about the glitch.

Anyone else facing similar issue?
Old 13th March 2017, 10:58   #666
BHPian

Re: Initial Experience Procuring and Using the Axis Bank driven FASTag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Same case with me. Took all documents 2 weeks back and Umesh delivered the Fastag sticker home after taking Rs 1000. But it is still not activated after 10 days in spite of multiple follow ups. Don't even have an alternate number or application/reference number to make a complaint.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 13th March 2017, 11:05   #667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
This is a minor update regarding Fastag lanes on NH4 Belgaum--Pune--Mumbai stretch. Pardon me if this has already been updated here earlier. At all the toll plazas on this 500 km route, sign boards mentioning the 'lane number and direction' of the Fastag lanes have been put up in advance, say about 300-400 metres before you arrive at the toll.

Eg : At Khed Shivapur toll plaza Pune ( going towards Kolhapur ), there's a sign board put up about 300 metres before the toll that says '' Fastag lane number 18 ,keep left ''. I might have put up the wrong lane number here but this is just to explain what the signboards look like.
Thanks Vivek, this is useful information. I checked on Icici Bank's Fastag website for tolls that accept payments between Pune and Goa and found that just Khedshivapur and Anewadi are listed. Do other toll booths accept fastag payments? Is there a shorter queue in these lanes?
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 11:11   #668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Thanks Vivek, this is useful information. I checked on Icici Bank's Fastag website for tolls that accept payments between Pune and Goa and found that just Khedshivapur and Anewadi are listed. Do other toll booths accept fastag payments? Is there a shorter queue in these lanes?
The site is not up to date with the list of Toll booths with FASTags.

However, all 4 tolls between Pune - Kolhapur are functional:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Agree with Parag and condor. I am yet to get a Fastag for our new VW Polo, however wanted to update that Fastags on NH4 Belgaum-Pune-Mumbai section are working perfectly fine. This is based on my observations/experiences with travelling by SRS,VRL and Konduskar Volvo/Scania multiaxle buses on the said route. The dedicated Fastag lanes at Hattargi and Kognoli tolls in KA part of NH4 are opened only when a Fastag enabled vehicle arrives. In MH part of NH4 and the Pune-Mumbai expressway, the lanes are open for all but are working well. Almost each bus of the huge Volvo/Scania fleet of SRS, VRL are equipped with Fastags. Since I usually travel in front most seats, I have been observing this carefully whenever we pass through a toll.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 11:50   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Parag has already replied, thanks to him. Yes, all 6 tolls between Pune--Belgaum accept Fastag and the only advantage is that you go cashless.

The Fastag/ETC lanes in MH part of NH4 ( 4 tolls between Pune--Kolhapur ) are not dedicated to Fastag enabled vehicles as of now. A sign board saying "non Fastag vehicles will be charged twice if they enter fast tag lane" is lying there just for name sake. The lane is open to all vehicles, hence the queues are not shorter. Add to that crazy high MH traffic. There is no difference between Fastag and non Fastag lanes in terms of moving faster. Only plus as I mentioned earlier is that you go cashless.

Come Karnataka, the scenario is surprisingly the same at Kognoli and Hattargi tolls. At present there is no advantage of passing the toll faster. Though the Fastag lanes here are dedicated only to tagged vehicles, the barrier at the entrance of the lane is raised only when a such a vehicle arrives. Now, one thing you will notice here is that, both Kognoli and Hattargi tolls never see any heavy crowd. I have never ever seen long queues at these tolls in my life. So by the time, the guard opens the barrier and you get into the lane and get your tag detected, the fellow next to you in the regular lane has already zoomed past ( may be not always, but 90% of the times ). Other day I was driving to Belgaum in my Polo, noticed a Sharma multiaxle Volvo bus from a distance waiting for the fastag lane barrier to be opened at Hattargi toll. Though I was much behind him, I passed the toll much faster by paying cash in the regular lane.

Last edited by vivek95 : 13th March 2017 at 11:52.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 22:21   #670
BHPian

Update:
  • Drove Mumbai - Indore - Bhopal route yesterday / today
  • Fastag works at all toll plazas
  • Only Bhiwandi toll plaza is not Fastag enabled
  • Indore - Bhopal state highway road has all plazas prepared for Fastag but they will be operational from April 1 as per the manager at one of the plaza
  • Dedicated manned Fastag lane at all plazas although one of them was allowing all vehicles in the Fastag lane
  • Definitely saved average of 3-5 minutes per toll plaza
  • Spotting the Fastag lane was not very easy from distance
ragh_bhushan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 12:24   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Until this happens, what say we undertake an exercise to build an online spreadsheet that lists the lane at various tolls that we know of? As a reference document it will help many people.
Nice idea. I have been thinking on similar lines for a while now. It could be useful to many people.

I recently did a Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore trip. Onward journey was through Chittoor route and return was through Krishnagiri-Hosur route. I have compiled a list of Fastag lanes on these 2 routes in an excel file.
Others can add more info from other toll-plazas as well. Or even modify the format for better readability.

Request @NPV, @paragsachania, @binand and other BHPians who use Fastag regularly to pitch in with their inputs/feedback.

Fastag_lanes.xlsx

Last edited by srvm : 14th March 2017 at 12:31.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 13:00   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Request @NPV, @paragsachania, @binand and other BHPians who use Fastag regularly to pitch in with their inputs/feedback.
Thanks srvm and binand for this idea and on a crowded day, this information certainly helps.

I had few days back put pictures of the FASTag lanes between Bangalore and Kolhapur in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Here are all these booths, in Pune - Bangalore direction which I had taken screenshots last year. All of these have some or the other indication of FASTag including Hattarigi:
However, not all pictures there clearly show the numbering direction.

I am driving to Pune-Aurangabad this weekend and will come back and update the sheet with precise numbers.

If at all NPV or Procrj has information from their travel on this section, they can update too.
Old 15th March 2017, 08:56   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If at all NPV or Procrj has information from their travel on this section, they can update too.
I do remember quiet a few of them but I dont remember the lane numbers. In 90% of the cases, they are either in the extreme right or the second from left lane. Will update this file as and when I make a note of the exact lane number during future travels.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 10:07   #674
BHPian

Received my fastag from BETL Bangalore after waiting for almost a month. The application process was simple as others have detailed above (Docs required: copies of address proof, photo id proof, RC, cancelled cheque, and photo), but the wait was longer due to non-availability of the tag.

Looks like there are some issues with the fastag scanner in BETL. It did not recognize my tag in my very first attempt. The toll booth guys had no clue as to what the issue is. Checked with the office and they told: "it's an issue with the icici bank and they are upgrading the scanner". Hope, that's the actual issue and not related to the tag fixed on my car. Anybody else faced this issue in BETL?

PS: I'll be doing a Bangalore-Goa trip this weekend. Hope, my tag will work else where.
Old 15th March 2017, 11:06   #675
BHPian

Does anyone have a idea, if its possible to get Fastag for company leased vehicle. In the RC book, the company name is mentioned as owner, so am not sure if i can get the FASTAG or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks