Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2021, 20:11   #5776

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Hi.
For my new car, i was provided with SBI Fastag. After that came to know that SBI charges transaction amount of INR 15 for every recharging. I did not face this with other fastag provider.
Old 19th July 2021, 23:30   #5777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiHanuman View Post
Hi.
For my new car, i was provided with SBI Fastag. After that came to know that SBI charges transaction amount of INR 15 for every recharging. I did not face this with other fastag provider.
Even ICICI levies these charges, if recharge done via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking. There are no fees for a recharge done via UPI though. Try doing that on your SBI tag.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 10:48   #5778
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiHanuman View Post
Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Even ICICI levies these charges, if recharge done via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking. There are no fees for a recharge done via UPI though. Try doing that on your SBI tag.
SBI Fastag doesn't support the direct UPI method (netc.<reg#>@<bankUPIhandle>), but on the SBI Fastag portal, the billdesk option supports recharging via UPI with no additional charges.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 12:14   #5779
BHPian

Got a call from ICICI couple of days back saying that they have to deactivate my existing fast tag. A new replacement would be provided and the balance transferred to the new tag. The original tag was from the initial days of fast tag sometime in late 2015. Today a new tag was delivered by Bluedart. Yet to verify the account statement.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 19:20   #5780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Got a call from ICICI couple of days back saying that they have to deactivate my existing fast tag. A new replacement would be provided and the balance transferred to the new tag. The original tag was from the initial days of fast tag sometime in late 2015. Today a new tag was delivered by Bluedart. Yet to verify the account statement.
Even I too took ICICI fastag around the same time frame. Did they mention anything about why they are changing the tag?
Didn't get any notification till now. Last time I used the tag was in January this year. Any one else using ICICI tags got the notification?
Old 25th July 2021, 10:24   #5781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Even I too took ICICI fastag around the same time frame. Did they mention anything about why they are changing the tag?
Didn't get any notification till now. Last time I used the tag was in January this year. Any one else using ICICI tags got the notification?
Checked the online account. The activity list shows the tag has been replaced due to damage. It mentions the swap in tag serial numbers and the old tag deactivated. The new tag validity is till 2046. No charges incurred. Can you check the validity of your tag? It appears under the vehicles-Manage tag.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 10:32   #5782
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You're lucky they called you to inform about this. Read up/back a few posts and you will find my ordeal with this.
My tag was also from 2015 and working fine before they decided to deactivate and replace, but I did all the follow up after getting SMS messages for the tag being blacklisted (a working tag with Rs.700+ balance!) and then was shocked to see transactions in my tag activity history saying tag was "returned damaged"

I finally got my new tag from ICICI Bommanahalli branch last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Read my earlier posts from last week for details of my experience.

Last edited by NPV : 25th July 2021 at 10:34.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 20:29   #5783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Read my earlier posts from last week for details of my experience.
Quote:
Can you check the validity of your tag? It appears under the vehicles-Manage tag.
My bad.
I didn't think about I have exchanged my car on September 2019 and in the new one also its ICICI fastag. I have canceled my old tag when I exchanged the car.
Since the exchange was from Innova to Innova Crysta sometimes I am not thinking I am driving the new one.
The new tag validity shows 2044 September.
Once again sorry for creating the confusion
Attached Images

Old 25th July 2021, 21:23   #5784
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you check the validity of your tag? It appears under the vehicles-Manage tag.
Thanks for this information, never knew this. If only I'd known this earlier, I could have checked what the validity of my old tag was (it was from mid 2015). At least I would have been able to validate what ICICI said, that the tag validity had expired.
The new tag now shows validity upto 2046.
Old 26th July 2021, 23:44   #5785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
FASTAG is a boon! Also, have been using the ICICI one in all my vehicles since 2017 and have never encountered a problem even once anywhere across states. Perhaps they had the first-mover advantage, but the infrastructure that ICICI has built up for FASTAG services is top class. (This is from personal experience, not promoting any brand here).
I guess we are living in different worlds.
I have had a harrowing experience with ICICI fastag. Was an early adopter of fastag, the fastag was always getting undetected at most toll plazas. Replacement of that fastag when my windshield was damaged took nearly 7 months. All good,the new tag was always read swiftly and I was happy.
Then suddenly in June there are multiple transactions on my fastag at toll plazas in madhya pradesh(a state i never visited in my life). Am still fighting the chargeback disputes. Two of which have been refunded whereas 3 more are still under investigation.

To make matters worse,they have very incompetent call centre who understand nothing and just raises tickets in the system.
saion666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 02:25   #5786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
I guess we are living in different worlds.
I have had a harrowing experience with ICICI fastag. Was an early adopter of fastag, the fastag was always getting undetected at most toll plazas. Replacement of that fastag when my windshield was damaged took nearly 7 months. All good,the new tag was always read swiftly and I was happy.
Then suddenly in June there are multiple transactions on my fastag at toll plazas in madhya pradesh(a state i never visited in my life). Am still fighting the chargeback disputes. Two of which have been refunded whereas 3 more are still under investigation.

To make matters worse,they have very incompetent call centre who understand nothing and just raises tickets in the system.
Really sorry to hear that. I encountered these hassles with PayTM though, so I can understand your frustration somewhat. Have you tried posting this unsavoury experience on social media; unfortunately these brands today do not take notice of a customer when he routes his grievance through customer care, but one tweet and they will pay attention!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:35   #5787
BHPian

I bought a new Paytm fastag and seems like they have delivered a different tag tagged to a different vehicle (alto in Kerala) while mine is Etios Liva in TN. I took this car (bought used) for the first time in a trip to Kodaikanal and right on the first toll, the toll operator informed me the tag is blacklisted and I don't have balance while I had about 2000 in my Paytm wallet. Contacted support and they say all was fine and it took me one whole day and 5! calls to different representatives to finally find someone sane to actually inform me the tag I had wasn't mine and there's nothing I could do other than replace the tag.

With no other option left, I paid 2x the amount in all tolls all the way to kodai and back. It's unfair that I had to bear the extra cost for someone's mistake and I was wondering if there's any clause by either NHAI or Paytm for refunding the amount I had lost (close to 1000)? Or I just take it as a vacation tax and move on?
vijai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 17:15   #5788
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got a chance to test the new ICICI Fastag that was replaced free of cost (outgoing tag is from the first batch of tags issued in 2015).
Went on a short drive to the nearest toll plaza and slightly beyond to confirm that the new tag works, it did indeed on both occasions

*My previous posts have the details of my experience (ICICI did not inform me, so I had to follow up with Customer care and later paid a visit to the POS at Bommanahalli branch, Bangalore).

Old Tag (didn't even have the Fastag branding):
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-old-tag.jpg

New Tag:
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-new-tag.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 8th August 2021 at 17:17.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 00:02   #5789
Senior - BHPian

I had to replace the car's windshield after it developed a crack, and as expected the tag got damaged during the process. After dillydallying with the options (not too many, by the way) for almost a week, I rang up the Walayar toll plaza to check if they have an ICICI FASTag PoS. Within a minute of hanging up, I got a call from the ICICI representative who asked me to give him a call at least an hour before I set out, after noting down my vehicle registration number. The next day, I called him to confirm that my tag can be obtained, and then headed there. All I had to do was show him my RC and he handed over the new tag. He showed me right there that the old tag is now deactivated and ICICI has charged INR 100 to issue the new tag. The ICICI Customer Support number was a joke - the person who spoke to me didn't know jack.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 09:38   #5790
Distinguished - BHPian

Strange situation with my 5+ year old Fastag during my trip earlier this week. I had got an ICICI fastag a few years back when it had been introduced, and has worked fine all this time. About 2-3 months back I had got another fastag and a CUG account for our second vehicle. (I have not used it yet, though).

Over this time, I have used the Storme on Tumkur road for the elevated road toll. No complaints by the toll operator. I dont remember seeing a toll deduction sms message, and didnt think much about it.

On last sunday I had to travel to Dharwad, and for the first 2-3 tolls, they let me through by opening the barrier. On the next, the operator says insufficient balance, though I had 1.5k on the tag (had recharged before travel). I insisted that I have the balance. After some argument, I was let through (there were 3-4 cars behind me).

On the next one, the operator says that the tag has been marked as defective. She consulted her supervisor, and then they arranged for a new tag on the spot. Had to pay 100 for the new tag and 50 for activation. The new tag has worked on the trip.

Not sure if the old tag went bad, or if the back office guys had marked this tag as defective. Reason to suspect this is that when getting the CUG / other tag, I had quite a time to get them to give me a tag. It is possible that someone working on the process has by mistake done that. I will never know. ...
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks