Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2021, 17:46   #5686
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Can't recollect if I saw the display of the regn number of my car everytime I entered a toll!

Isn't the number displayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
It is not right legally. But, technically it is possible.

If you read this thread, there are several complaints by BHPians in many posts that the cash got deducted from their fastag for a lorry or some other vehicle in front.

This means, some vehicle in front has used your tag reading and escaped from toll.

If the above is possible, then, technically, you can move your car out with other cars fastag.

But legally it is wrong.
Old 3rd May 2021, 01:01   #5687
Senior - BHPian

Mumbaikars rejoice !

Fastag will be the only way for monthly pass at the 5 entry points.

Just recharged for my cars. I spent an hour searching for the toll on ICICI fastag site, but turns our you have to goto the NHAI site (on the right hand side is the box for FAStag Monthly Pass - click on it).

Name:  Screen Shot 20210503 at 12.58.12 AM.png
Views: 1311
Size:  59.5 KB

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20210503-12.58.28-am.png

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20210503-12.58.36-am.png

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20210503-12.58.47-am.png

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20210503-12.58.55-am.png

After this you will be taken to the Razorpay gateway. Amex and other premium cards not accepted. Also, all my cars have ICICI tag, can someone with other tag confirm if this works? I will report on the implementation after a week or two after feedback from my drivers.

Last edited by blackwasp : 3rd May 2021 at 01:02.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 22:55   #5688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Fastag will be the only way for monthly pass.

Just recharged for my cars. I spent an hour searching for the toll on ICICI fastag site, but turns our you have to goto the NHAI site (on the right hand side is the box for FAStag Monthly Pass - click on it).
Can someone with other tag confirm if this works? I will report on the implementation after a week or two after feedback from my drivers.
I renew the Monthly Local Pass for our both Cars for Sawaleshwar Toll Plaza from IHMCL website for more than 7-8 months now. Both cars have Paytm Fastag.
Old 15th May 2021, 14:11   #5689
BHPian

I got an SMS showing deduction of Rs 80 toll on my paytm fastag when I have not even undertaken any travel. Is there any system to get this addressed? I'll be trying paytm support, but fingers crossed as of now.
Old 15th May 2021, 15:53   #5690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I'll be trying paytm support, but fingers crossed as of now.
Tried 3 means of reaching them.

1. Call center: After traversing a long menu, the call is transferred to an executive and then it just goes silent, neither hung up nor anything can be heard. (EDIT: Got through to them, but they redirected to the same scary option by sending a ink, see below.)

2. The app has got a form arguably made to dissuade you from filling it. See at the bottom of this post.

You reach this form by clicking on the disputed transaction and then on the form they want screen shot of the same transaction!

They want RC book, bar code in the app (don't even know where to find), bar code on the fastag. (All this information they already have.)

If you hit the back button to look for the information, then all the details filled till now are gone without warning you and you have to start filling all over again.

The resolution time is 30 days when the norm for reverting incorrect debits is 3 days.

3. Have filed a complaint using their portal, where the precise option in above form is not available. But after filing there is no acknowledgment of any kind, no email, no trace of any filed ticket on the portal.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-form1.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-form2.jpg  

Last edited by mayuresh : 15th May 2021 at 16:12.
mayuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 18:58   #5691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I have a PayTM fast tag and only the VIN/body numbers are attached to it. How do I include the car reg number.
I got it updated through the paytm customer care. Had to upload my rc copy.
AG-D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 18:51   #5692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
2. The app has got a form arguably made to dissuade you from filling it. See at the bottom of this post.
Sharing this with hope that it may be useful to someone going through similar situation.

After going through the rituals of giving them (paytm) all the information which either is with them already or sounds totally irrelevant, the reply came that as per their records I have passed through the said toll plaza and the charges are valid.

After threatening to escalate to NHAI a reply came that they are investigating the matter. Couldn't they have done the investigation in the first place before responding?

If it's a technical or human error that caused wrong charges I'd not hold it against paytm. But above behavior and unfriendliness of the process is definitely attributed to them. Given general lack of quality of service around us I do not know if any other provider would have handled this better. If there are instances of other providers handling this kind of matters better, please share. I'll consider switching away from paytm to other fastag provider.
Old 24th May 2021, 14:12   #5693
BHPian

I was using a single paytm account on two mobiles. Recently the app got updated and I am able to login to the app only on the mobile which has the sim card of the registered mobile number. The other mobile is not able to login to the paytm app. Is there any workaround which you have discovered? Since we use the same account for all cars in our family, we have been using this setup, for easy control and topup process.
Old 24th May 2021, 15:14   #5694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
I was using a single paytm account on two mobiles. Recently the app got updated and I am able to login to the app only on the mobile which has the sim card of the registered mobile number.
Paytm in between enforced this (which is a requirement only for people using the app for UPI). If you are like me, (a) don't want to do UPI via Paytm, (b) but still want to use their app for other purposes like Fastag - then you are SOL.

Note that you can't use their desktop website also without the app - the login process on computer requires you to have the mobile app. Fortunately they still haven't disabled their mobile website just yet; but it is crippled so badly that it can only be used to load money into the wallet and very little else.

As soon as situation gets better, I am quitting Paytm for Fastag too just for this reason. Ideally they should enforce this rule (SIM presence rule) only for those who activate UPI - like other multipurpose apps like WhatsApp etc. - are doing.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 22:31   #5695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

As soon as situation gets better, I am quitting Paytm for Fastag too just for this reason. Ideally they should enforce this rule (SIM presence rule) only for those who activate UPI - like other multipurpose apps like WhatsApp etc. - are doing.
I would also have to consider switching to someother provider if this continues. Paytm had many advantages in topup, ease of viewing transactions etc. But now without, switching over to bank's tag will be better.
Old 1st June 2021, 21:29   #5696
Senior - BHPian

The FASTag toll system will be operational on Yamuna Expressway by June 15. Initially, two lanes on each side will be reserved for FASTag vehicles at the three toll plazas across the 165km-long high-speed corridor between Greater Noida and Agra, officials said.

The remaining lanes will continue to accept tolls in cash or digitally.

Source
Old 5th June 2021, 09:57   #5697
BHPian

Could some share the procedure to get a duplicate Fastag. I have replaced my windshield and the old one got destroyed with it.
Old 5th June 2021, 10:36   #5698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
Could some share the procedure to get a duplicate Fastag. I have replaced my windshield and the old one got destroyed with it.
Depends on the tag issuer. Which fastag is this?
Old 5th June 2021, 13:40   #5699
BHPian

Hello, it was issued by HDFC Bank. Thank you.
Old 5th June 2021, 18:12   #5700
BHPian

I have closed my Paytm Fastag after a fraudulent transaction about 2 months back through an sms with a link where my entire balance of Rs.3,150/- was removed by the fraudster, Paytm still has not reversed the amount to me (and the cops have not reverted either) despite me filing a formal complaint with the cyber cell and issues a crime reference number. They keep closing the complaint and claim it is a valid transaction!. I have requested closure and the Fastag and will never deal with Paytm again.

It is so much easier dealing with a bank and my other cars have an HDFC tag which I have not had any issues.

I have learned my lesson never to open sms with hyperlinks (in this case it led me to a phished (fraudulent) Paytm site which claimed by KYC had expired. Actually after this fraud was committed, I checked on the actual Paytm app and my KYC had no issues. Despite even having the number of the fraudster (I called him and he put down the phone), neither Paytm nor the cops have reverted and I dont expect them to either.
A lesson to all - do not open SMSs which claim your KYC or any other docs are expired, without double checking with the bank or payment service provider directly.

Also, be careful if you get your Fastag from a toll booth. A friend of ours (senior citizen), applied for one at one of the toll booths. The person asked him to click on a URL that he sent him - he filled the details and then to his shock, Rs.60,000 was deducted from his bank. He could not locate that person and lost this money. Am not sure what he did after that.

Last edited by motorguy : 5th June 2021 at 18:17.

Most Viewed