Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 18:14   #5716
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
A friend is buying a new car. Dealer has tie up with ICICI, but he wants HDFC as his other cars are with HDFC.
Path of least resistance is to go with the dealer's choice. They will do all the paperwork and get your tag activated.

At a later date if you feel like it, switch to your preferred tag provider.

The extra expense will work out to a couple of hundred bucks. Hardly worth the headache when considering the lakhs you're spending on the car already.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 23:26   #5717
Senior - BHPian

After long delay, FASTag begins on Yamuna Expressway

Source: Times of India

Quote:
The service was inaugurated at the Jewar toll plaza of the expressway on Tuesday in presence of the officials of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) and the Jaypee Infratech Limited (JIL).

All the plazas will have four FASTag lanes, two on either side, according to officials.
Old 26th June 2021, 00:33   #5718
BHPian

Horrible experience with ICICI,my fasttag got debited at unknown toll plazas in madhya pradesh and balance went in negative. Now they have deactivated my fasttag because of the negative balance.

Have raised chargeback disputes for each and every transaction and nothing has happened. Everytime I call them they will open a new request,the status of which never changes.
Old 26th June 2021, 20:25   #5719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Horrible experience with ICICI,my fasttag got debited at unknown toll plazas in madhya pradesh and balance went in negative. Now they have deactivated my fasttag because of the negative balance.

Have raised chargeback disputes for each and every transaction and nothing has happened. Everytime I call them they will open a new request,the status of which never changes.
Exactly the same with paytm here. I am switching over to IDFC. Have ordered a new fastag.

It was finally resolved in my case by pgportal. Paytm did nothing other than what icici is doing for you, with the only difference that paytm did not even have a human operator to pick calls! I had to wait for stipulated 20 days (that's ridiculous but that's the rule right now) before approaching pgportal.
mayuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 11:14   #5720
Distinguished - BHPian

I am one of the early adopters of Fastag. Procured one in late 2016. The tag is from ICICI and was the old style tag. This has a different RFID pattern and is pretty small. Recently , got a call from ICICI fasttag division telling that the old style tag will no longer be detected and they are sending the new style of tag, the one which is used currently by most providers. Got a speed post yesterday with the new tag. The tag ID has been updated in the fastag portal as well.

If anyone here has the old style of tag , suggest you get it replaced with a new type ASAP
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 12:19   #5721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a ICICI fasttag and for the last 7 hours it is getting debited at toll plazas in Madhya Pradesh.

My car is parked in my garage in Hyderabad.Am standing in front of it.
Quote:
Again the toll got deducted from some random toll plaza in Madhya Pradesh.

I could just be a sitting duck and see my balance getting reduced to zero.
Quote:
Man, I feel for you. Please keep this group updated. It is more or less certain your tag has been illegally cloned. You should have raised a police complaint because it is a case to be handled by the cyber crimes department I'd say.

One advice I've been given (in the context of payment cards) is that once one gets to know of a clone in action, immediately go into the nearest ATM and do a balance enquiry and preserve the transaction slip. If the bank tries to wriggle out of the inevitable complaint by blaming you, they will also need to explain how you were at two different locations at the same time. So in the Fastag context, just pass through a toll booth near to you and let ICICI explain how you were in Hyderabad and MP near-simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
My question stays though. Which is the best Fastag provider out there?
There's a poll running: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...-provider.html (Who is your preferred FASTag provider?) - but I think most people have ignored the word "Preferred" in the poll question.

Anyway, I am somewhat inclined to go with Equitas Bank for both my cars soon. Ditch my current PayTM.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 17:06   #5722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Man, I feel for you. Please keep this group updated. It is more or less certain your tag has been illegally cloned. You should have raised a police complaint because it is a case to be handled by the cyber crimes department I'd say.

One advice I've been given (in the context of payment cards) is that once one gets to know of a clone in action, immediately go into the nearest ATM and do a balance enquiry and preserve the transaction slip. If the bank tries to wriggle out of the inevitable complaint by blaming you, they will also need to explain how you were at two different locations at the same time. So in the Fastag context, just pass through a toll booth near to you and let ICICI explain how you were in Hyderabad and MP near-simultaneously.

There's a poll running: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...-provider.html (Who is your preferred FASTag provider?) - but I think most people have ignored the word "Preferred" in the poll question.

Anyway, I am somewhat inclined to go with Equitas Bank for both my cars soon. Ditch my current PayTM.
Probably. Given how every providers customer service is, it is safe to say there actually isn't a decent Fastag provider. Every one is mired with the same issues all the time. We have to make do with what is available and bear the brunt of it. Sigh!
Old 27th June 2021, 21:09   #5723
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Any suggestions as to how to remove a fastag without causing any damage to the windshield?

Must be a common requirement when one sells/buys a used car?
nidhikapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 05:48   #5724
BHPian

Hello,

As part of the new car purchase a hyundai dealer has given a particular fastag, I am comfortable with Paytm fastag just for the ease of usage. Can I procure a Paytm fastag and remove the earlier one. Is ok having two fastags for a vehicle and using only one?

Pls suggest.

Monish
Old 28th June 2021, 11:39   #5725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If anyone here has the old style of tag , suggest you get it replaced with a new type ASAP
I had noticed this issue with my tag sometimes not detecting in some tollbooth / specific lanes. This was reproduced when I go through that specific lane of that toll booth multiple times, while those driving along with me in other cars were able to pass through the same lane without issues.

This had lead me to believe that there was some issue with the tag, since I never faced this issue earlier. Was thinking of getting the tag replaced, however due to the covid related concerns was avoiding going to branch and getting it done.

During this, I got a call on Friday mentioning that the tag will be replaced from ICICI side since its an old one, they have transferred the balance amount to new tag and have send a new one through post. Yet to receive the same.
Old 28th June 2021, 17:11   #5726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I am one of the early adopters of Fastag. Procured one in late 2016. The tag is from ICICI and was the old style tag. This has a different RFID pattern and is pretty small. Recently , got a call from ICICI fasttag division telling that the old style tag will no longer be detected and they are sending the new style of tag, the one which is used currently by most providers. Got a speed post yesterday with the new tag. The tag ID has been updated in the fastag portal as well.

I too had my old ICICI tag replaced. Was a smooth transition.
Old 28th June 2021, 18:35   #5727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I had noticed this issue with my tag sometimes not detecting in some tollbooth / specific lanes. This was reproduced when I go through that specific lane of that toll booth multiple times, while those driving along with me in other cars were able to pass through the same lane without issues.

This had lead me to believe that there was some issue with the tag, since I never faced this issue earlier. Was thinking of getting the tag replaced, however due to the covid related concerns was avoiding going to branch and getting it done.

During this, I got a call on Friday mentioning that the tag will be replaced from ICICI side since its an old one, they have transferred the balance amount to new tag and have send a new one through post. Yet to receive the same.
Same here. I too faced issues at multiple booths during the last travel, which was otherwise trouble free till now.

I got a call last week for the replacement and since I am not in Bangalore, where my registered address is, I told them to delay the dispatch. I got a little suspicious after the lady told that I may have to pay for the tag if I delay it further.
Old 28th June 2021, 19:12   #5728
BHPian

DCP Cyber Crime, Pune has urged citizens to raise formal complaints for fastag related issues, such as being charged without having passed through the toll plaza.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/83904296.cms
Quote:
Many-a-times, people do not approach us, thinking the amount charged to them is negligible, but they should raise a complaint.
They have created a separate head for fastag complaint. I think it's so nice of them to take such cognizance.

Quote:
The cases have prompted the police to create a separate head to record them.
mayuresh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 19:13   #5729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I got a little suspicious after the lady told that I may have to pay for the tag if I delay it further.
Yes, even I was suspicious when the call came since it was from a mobile number (instead of usual landline for customer care).

However since the person did not mention anything about making payment and also since he was giving all details ( vehicle registration + contact address) without me saying, I gave a go ahead.
Old 28th June 2021, 23:04   #5730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
After long delay, FASTag begins on Yamuna Expressway

Source: Times of India
The joy didn't last too long. Travelled on Yamuna Expressway this weekend.

It was Saturday morning, usual rush time out of NCR towards Mathura - Agra. As only two lanes are dedicated to FASTag (two right-most lanes 1 & 2), there was long queue. Situation was further worsened by the fact that even cash paying vehicles were being allowed without penalty (double charging). Took almost 10mins to cross first toll at Jewar. Cash only lanes were moving quite fast.

If first toll was bad, second was hell. Absolutely no queue control, vehicles were sneaking in from lane 3, 4 and again cash paying vehicles. Time wasted 30mins

Toll 1 : Jewar, Time spent : 10mins

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20210628_222013.jpg

Toll 2 : Mathura, Time spent : 30mins
Look at the queues at left side, those are for cash vehicles.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20210628_222031.jpg

Returned on Saturday evening, usually traffic is sparse at this time. Average time at each toll was around 2mins, much better than the morning travel, still not good enough for FASTag.

Return on Sunday evening/ Monday morning would be nightmare for sure.

I hope more lanes are equipped soon with FASTag.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks