Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 15:37   #5641
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
OT but since you have mentioned, are you sure about this?

I remember HDFC from early 2000 when they were perhaps the most lazy banks to have anything online but now they are at par with most of the other banks too, including Generating instant PIN or resetting your PIN and more.
OT

Yes, Just yesterday I had to re-set pin of my wife's HDFC debit card, went online and entered all details for resetting pin, and just when i thought i could change the PIN online. Got an OTP which says, go to the nearest ATM and enter this OTP to change the pin. My wife keep forgetting pin and from last 2 years went to ATM 3 times to change PIN. haha. I think even in SBI and Corp bank i could change PIN online, but not on HDFC.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 16:05   #5642
BHPian

I have a PayTM fastag which was never used till now. It shows a balance of Rs 150. Can I start driving through a toll now or I need to up over this Rs 150.

I paid total of Rs 500 where it ie mentioned Rs 250 as security deposit. What happens to that money?
Old 17th March 2021, 17:18   #5643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
I have a PayTM fastag which was never used till now. It shows a balance of Rs 150. Can I start driving through a toll now or I need to up over this Rs 150.

I paid total of Rs 500 where it ie mentioned Rs 250 as security deposit. What happens to that money?
From PayTM app, can you check the status of Fastag? If it shows Active you are good to go. Please ensure you have sufficient balance in the Main Wallet.

Security deposit will be refunded the main wallet once you close the fastag. Recently I did sell my car and closed the PayTM fastag by raising request via app. The security deposit was promptly refunded in 5 working days.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 07:16   #5644

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkuch View Post
Now I am not able to see the option of closing the fastag on the portal. Anyone know how to close the HDFC fastag.
Update: Got the refund.
I couldn't find any option on portal to close the HDFC fastag. Tried calling the CC in morning time and call get connected within 2 minutes. CCE somehow want me to close only RFID and not the wallet. I said ok just leave the wallet and close the RFID, and then I asked him how much time I will get the refund(Around ₹950) ?
He said that I won't get the refund as I am not closing the wallet. I immediately asked him to close the wallet. It took around 1 week to get the refund.
Old 25th March 2021, 10:38   #5645
BHPian

Its it possible that the first post always has updated latest info?
Old 26th March 2021, 09:13   #5646

I had a weird experience with HDFC fastag. I bought it from a vendor on Amazon (Venkatesh from Chennai) in early 2019. Gave him my documents for registration via WhatsApp as per his request. In retrospective, that wasn't wise. Apparently, he submitted wrong KYC documents to HDFC Bank. Although my tag was registered to my car number, it wasn't under my name. I always used UPI for recharging and never had an issue until last month when HDFC realized that my details aren't correct and froze my wallet stating "KYC NOT OK". I wasn't able to recharge, but I was able to spend my credit from the tag.

I logged into fastag account and realized that it was someone else's Aadhaar and other details associated my account and my phone number. I raised a multiple requests by calling the CC. Since I use HDFC for my personal banking, they took my customer ID and told me that they'll fetch KYC from there. KYC wasn't updated even after a month. I ended driving in the cash lane and at times, I paid double toll. Being fed up with calling the CC and raising requests for KYC, I asked them to close my tag and wallet and I ordered ICICI Tag. Tag wasn't closed even after a week of raising request. I then had to involve my bank manager to get this issue resolved. Later he escalated the issue by emailing the support team and got it closed. Now the portal says my account is expired, and I haven't received my security deposit back. I just hope that my ICICI tag works flawlessly.

It makes me wonder how the HDFC let me drive around with wrong KYC for two long years! Owing to this experience of mine, I would be much comfortable to buy tags from online portals where you are in control of what documents you upload.
cupid101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 10:13   #5647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid101 View Post
It makes me wonder how the HDFC let me drive around with wrong KYC for two long years!
As per RBI guidelines, banks are required to conduct a full KYC updation for certain category of customers, once every two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid101 View Post
bought it from a vendor on Amazon... Gave him my documents for registration via WhatsApp... submitted wrong KYC documents...
What a comedy of errors. Appalled at the complete lack of concern regarding identity theft, scamming etc. :-)
Old 26th March 2021, 17:34   #5648

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
As per RBI guidelines, banks are required to conduct a full KYC updation for certain category of customers, once every two years.
That explains many things. I still don't understand why they couldn't rectify my details after multiple requests. Anyway, I have learnt my lesson. I just received my ICICI tag. I am happy about the speedy delivery and e-toll app. Everything seems to be transparent so far.
Old 27th March 2021, 23:28   #5649
BHPian

New to Fastag. Our new car came with a Bank of Baroda fastag. Can we switch providers? If not, how do I even recharge this thing without a BoB account?

I don't understand why Fastag isn't like a regular govt issued card that can be linked to whatever bank you want to. Or like a SIM where the number is the same even if you port providers.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 01:23   #5650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
how do I even recharge this thing without a BoB account?
Bank of Baroda FASTag recharge can also be done through UPI is available using VPA netc.VRN@barodampay

eg: netc.DL8CAR7926@barodampay or netc.chassisno@barodampay

eg:netc.MA3FNEB1S00209539@barodampay

Source
https://fastagrecharge.in/seach/bank...fastag-upi-id/

There could be other upi mechanisms through GPAY or BHIM etc
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 19:37   #5651
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know how to submit KYC documents to "SBI agents"? I keep on getting a message to submit KYC for my fastag but really don't know where in Bangalore. Any help in appreciated. The message further says I cannot recharge my tag if KYC is not submitted.
Old 28th March 2021, 21:22   #5652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Does anybody know how to submit KYC documents to "SBI agents"? I keep on getting a message to submit KYC for my fastag but really don't know where in Bangalore. Any help in appreciated. The message further says I cannot recharge my tag if KYC is not submitted.
There are quite a few POS for SBI FasTag in Bengaluru. One office is located on Dr. Rajkumar Road in Rajajajinagar. You can find one nearest to you here; just search for Bengaluru points.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 22:09   #5653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I am a SBI fastag agent. PM me your details. I will help you out.

Note: No commercial benefits. Only trying to support a fellow BHPian.
KA18 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 11:22   #5654
BHPian

There is an emergence of a new trend in few toll-booths.
The officials / executives of toll, block entry to 50% of the toll lanes and allow traffic in only 50% of the lanes during Weekdays. This artificially creates pile-up of vehicles in 50% of toll lanes thus delaying the whole entry-exit process.
So no advantage of having all lanes Fast-Tag compliant.

I assume the same trends are seen in other tolls too.

Note: This is seen during weekdays, and I haven't seen this trend on weekends.

Last edited by carlosTHEjackal : 2nd April 2021 at 11:22. Reason: Formating
Old 2nd April 2021, 13:25   #5655
BHPian

Has Paytm Fastag changed its terms. Now the FAQ on website says following.

Quote:
Simply add money* to your Paytm Wallet and FASTag wallet will automatically reserve an amount from it (no separate recharge of Paytm FASTag is required)
Does it mean an amount will always be blocked form PAYTM wallet in a separate Fastag Sub-wallet. I thought there was no need to have separate wallet balance in Paytm Fastags.

Also,

Quote:
*Note that FASTag can be used for toll payments only after 45 mins of adding money to the Paytm Wallet.
Anybody faced issues with this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks