Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2023, 21:43   #6391
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, I recently purchased a pre-owned car from a dealer. The original owner had a Paytm fast tag (removed from the vehicle). I am trying to get a new one but I keep getting an error saying that the vehicle already has a fast tag associated with it. How do I get a new one linked to my account now? I do not have the option of reaching out to the owner directly. Would visiting many of the Paytm POS locations help?
Am stuck in the same situation, would like to know if you were able to get your issue resolved.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 21:49   #6392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Am stuck in the same situation, would like to know if you were able to get your issue resolved.
A bit painful procedure of reaching out to the customer support and asking them to cancel the tag by providing proof of new ownership. They will ask for old tag details and proof of removing the tag etc - just ask them to stop being so brain dead and do the needful based on new RC card/proof of ownership. Keep calm and plough through customer service
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 14:12   #6393
BHPian

Not sure if this is being done intentionally or not, but lately I am observing that Hyderabad outer ring road (ORR) toll is not getting deducted on time, and I am being charged full amount for the round trips.
For the third time, I had been charged full amount for round trip just because the onward trip did not register on time (deducted amount on the next day), and return trip was charged full. I had to raise an issue with icici and they seem to take ages to revert back with a refund.
Old 1st December 2023, 16:26   #6394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, I recently purchased a pre-owned car from a dealer. The original owner had a Paytm fast tag (removed from the vehicle). I am trying to get a new one but I keep getting an error saying that the vehicle already has a fast tag associated with it. How do I get a new one linked to my account now? I do not have the option of reaching out to the owner directly. Would visiting many of the Paytm POS locations help?
I recently sold my car to a Maruti True Value dealer in Mumbai. When they came to collect the car, they removed the Fast Tag and told me to call the customer car number and get it cancelled.

It usually takes around 7-8 days for processing the request.
Old 13th December 2023, 13:20   #6395

So I recently went on Yamuna expressway from Delhi to Agra. While going to Agra on Friday morning I was charged on all three tolls on my fastag. While on my way back on Sunday I wasn't charged on the Agra toll. Not sure if this hass happened to someone or if there's any reason for this.

I observed that while the barrier opened on the Agra toll plaza my vehicle number wasn't displayed while it was displayed on all the other instances. I am using Paytm fastag.

Any insights will be appreciated.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th December 2023 at 23:10. Reason: Typos.
Old 1st January 2024, 14:58   #6396
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I finally got around to get the tag closure done for my Swift Dzire since it has been sold about 6 months ago.
In the first week of December 2023, the tag was closed and tag balance + Rs.200 security deposit was credited to my bank account, so in all about 19 days and probably 15 or so working days
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 22:29   #6397
Senior - BHPian

I have been debited to the tune of 330, 180 and 165 rupees in quick succession (less than 1 min) and my balance is now zero. It says I travelled to a toll plaza which was done a few days ago. Which toll charges 330 rupees on a single stop? I am tired of raising this with HDFC. This is the 8th time it has happened. They take 21 days to investigate and refund money. Such a painful process, they have neatly carved out a scam on small amounts. Some of the users may not even notice it. Who would generally fight for 180 or 300 rupees. HDFC seems to be very inefficient. Can I just change my fastag altogether?
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 01:40   #6398
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
I have been debited to the tune of 330, 180 and 165 rupees in quick succession (less than 1 min) and my balance is now zero. It says I travelled to a toll plaza which was done a few days ago. Which toll charges 330 rupees on a single stop?
It seems to be a scam & also a not so uncommon scam - here is an article about it happening frequently - https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...s-2646997.html

Most people may not be even be noticing it. For e.g. I don't check SMS at all except for OTPs. Luckily, I don't really keep much money in my Fastag account. I use cash except where Fastag is mandatory like in Mumbai-Pune expressway.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 05:33   #6399
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
HDFC seems to be very inefficient. Can I just change my fastag altogether?
Put in a tag closure request with HDFC and then apply for a new one from another provider. My overall experience with ICICI has been excellent and I was one of the early adopters back in 2015. I now have active tags for both my cars under the same account Id and it makes it so much more easier to manage. Just recently I had the tag of my old Dzire car closed out after selling, even that was done online quite easily (see my earlier posts).

Last edited by NPV : 13th January 2024 at 05:34.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 07:02   #6400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Put in a tag closure request with HDFC and then apply for a new one from another provider. My overall experience with ICICI has been excellent and I was one of the early adopters back in 2015. I now have active tags for both my cars under the same account Id and it makes it so much more easier to manage. Just recently I had the tag of my old Dzire car closed out after selling, even that was done online quite easily (see my earlier posts).
I also had good experience with icici and agree to this suggestion.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 08:48   #6401
Senior - BHPian

My SBI FASTag website is not opening, although I can top up the tag using third party apps.
Has anyone faced issues with SBI FASTag log in ?
Old 14th January 2024, 14:52   #6402
BHPian

Thank you to all contributors on this forum, I was in a tricky situation last week with a trip coming up. Since past 1-2 months my IDFC fastag was not working properly with delays at the toll booths and their help desk was too slow. So I got a new ICIC fastag, arrived in double quick time, but I then found another challenge, the old fastag was behind the sunfilm. Installer was reluctant to cut it and advised me to put it on the driver sun visor.

I browsed through this thread and found few posts where folks have waved the tag and it worked, that gave me assurance. And it worked flawlessly.

Now will have to find permanent solution, either of the below:
1. Continue with this method of showing the tag through the windshield.
2. Cut the sunfilm to remove the old tag and fit new one in its place. Worried that the films cut very easily at edges and this method will create 4 edges. If anyone has one this and has pictures, can you please post / advise.
Old 16th January 2024, 20:36   #6403

Question: could someone guide me to cancel an existing Fastag from "Tagjee" vendor?

I was provided this tag by default on delivery date and had to complete bunch of formalities on the delivery date, hence this tag imposed on me. The "Tagjee" app is also very slow and buggy, unable to figure out a way to cancel the tag within the app. I am going to order a new tag from PayTM, was wondering if getting a new FasTag automatically cancels the old one.

Also, has anyone been successful to claims refund from the existing vendor?
Old 17th January 2024, 07:02   #6404
Distinguished - BHPian

New design of FASTag with embedded QR codes in the offing:
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_0168.jpeg  

itwasntme is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 07:10   #6405
Distinguished - BHPian

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/pay.../107157166.cms

Paytm banned from issuing new tags.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks