Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2024, 11:23   #6421
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am unable to figure out how to do it on the app.
I think the ICICI Fastag portal does show your account’s KYC status once you login, it’s a busy web page with lot of colourful UI elements that can be distracting, so do check there carefully.

Most of us would have provided the necessary documentation at the time of applying for the tag, so it should be fine.

Take a look at this news article here.

Specifically it talks about checking your tag’s KYC status on the ihmcl website, that could help determine if you really need to update KYC or not.

Last edited by NPV : 1st February 2024 at 11:26.
Old 1st February 2024, 11:28   #6422
BANNED

Old PayTM Fastag user here and of course quite happy till now. As things turn out I have to move to another provider soon.

Is anyone aware of "portability" option in Fastag? Just heard this term in a podcast and have zero idea about. Can we port our Fastag to another one? That seems interesting though.

The one thing I'll miss for sure on moving out of PayTM is the option of payment through Fastag at parking lots of airport and certain malls. I don't think any other provider has that option.

I really have no experience with other providers, our other car has a IDFC tag but I have only used that once.

So, what other members are planning to do? Which have you all shortlisted?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st February 2024 at 16:08. Reason: Typos and grammar
PetrolRider is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st February 2024, 11:39   #6423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
As recent as 5th Jan, one of my friends bought a new car and he was issued a Park+ card. Haven't heard of any horror stories from him so far. So, I might just get a couple of those for my cars and call it a day.
Park+ is only a facilitator, the issuer is some bank/ payment bank/ small finance bank. [Link]

The IDBI Fastag I got is facilitated by Park+.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 11:52   #6424
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
My Fastags are also with ICICI. Since the bank accounts are already KYCed, is there a need to provide KYC for the Fastag again?
If your fast tag is linked to one vehicle alone, you are good. When you log in, on the top of the page, your kyc status would be visible. Min Kyc Or full Kyc would be mentioned there. Accordingly you can proceed with.
Cheers
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 14:45   #6425
BHPian

So now Paytm has been stripped off their good services for bad compliance.
I was quite contented with my Paytm fast tag the reason “ Single wallet for all different cars “ and ease of topping up whenever required.

My question is which other Fast tag provider offers similar facility? Need to start working on the same. I am little lazy to link individual cars to individual bank accounts and keeping track of it. I usually use to check my Paytm wallet balance before embarking any long journey and just add required money in to the wallet. Very convenient and easy.

Please advise alternative.
Old 1st February 2024, 15:05   #6426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satkaj View Post
My question is which other Fast tag provider offers similar facility? Need to start working on the same. I am little lazy to link individual cars to individual bank accounts and keeping track of it. I usually use to check my Paytm wallet balance before embarking any long journey and just add required money in to the wallet. Very convenient and easy.

Please advise alternative.
Fastag works on the UPI system. You can reload your Fastag using any app that is linked to UPI and provides the Fastag interface. I use G-Pay, but I am sure it will work the same on any other payment app interface that is linked to UPI. You don't need to have any bank apps to top up your Fastag. Also, you don't need to have a separate wallet to top up Fastag (which itself is a wallet account for payment purposes).

Not sure if this answers your question.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 05:25   #6427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Is anyone aware of "portability" option in Fastag? Just heard this term in a podcast and have zero idea about. Can we port our Fastag to another one? That seems interesting though.
Unfortunately, no porting facility available for Fastag yet. You need to close current tag and buy another one.

Quote:
The one thing I'll miss for sure on moving out of PayTM is the option of payment through Fastag at parking lots of airport and certain malls. I don't think any other provider has that option.
Payment via Fastag is not restricted to certain provider only. If mall, or for that matter any entity, has enabled Fastag payment then any tag works fine. Mine is non Paytm tag and works just fine at malls/hospitals here in Bangalore. Needless to say that tag should be active and should have sufficient balance.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd February 2024 at 05:30.
Old 2nd February 2024, 06:28   #6428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Fastag works on the UPI system. You can reload your Fastag using any app that is linked to UPI and provides the Fastag interface. I use G-Pay, but I am sure it will work the same on any other payment app interface that is linked to UPI. You don't need to have any bank apps to top up your Fastag. Also, you don't need to have a separate wallet to top up Fastag (which itself is a wallet account for payment purposes).

Not sure if this answers your question.
ICICI Bank FASTag. Supports auto-topup, and works flawlessly. I have used same ICICI bank account to top-up the FASTags of both my cars, one of which is set up on auto-topup mode. I'm sure I can configure the other one too, but wife isn't too keen as that's driven by her only locally.
vharihar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 08:59   #6429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
ICICI Bank FASTag. Supports auto-topup, and works flawlessly. I have used same ICICI bank account to top-up the FASTags of both my cars, one of which is set up on auto-topup mode. I'm sure I can configure the other one too, but wife isn't too keen as that's driven by her only locally.
Yes. I have been using ICICI Bank with auto top-up for both my cars for several years now. Thing is dealer has issued IDBI Fastag on my new car purchase and I am unable to figure out if auto top-up is possible with that. There is no such facility indicated on the IDBI Fastag login portal.
Old 2nd February 2024, 09:26   #6430
BHPian

Quote:
Old PayTM Fastag user here and of course quite happy till now. As things turn out I have to move to another provider soon.

I really have no experience with other providers, our other car has a IDFC tag but I have only used that once.

So, what other members are planning to do? Which have you all shortlisted?
I am in the same boat with Paytm FasTags for both my cars. Considering the existing relationships with banks, I am mulling over the following options but am rather unaware of their respective interface to mange/track of transactions, etc. and more so if any bank has a common wallet balance which works with multiple FasTag’s similar to Paytm. I would prefer that any day. Feedback, experiences from fellow BHPians would help:

Here are the options I and any others if better than these:

- ICICI
- Citi / Axis
- PNB
- SBI
Old 2nd February 2024, 09:33   #6431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post

- ICICI
- Citi / Axis
- PNB
- SBI
I am in the same boat. People using them already can suggest better.

However, as per my research Icici seems to be the best option among these. Their auto top-up facility is a very convenient feature.

My only query is that I have 2 cars. So I will get 2 icici fastag. Will I be able to link them both with one Icici account. If yes then what's the procedure for the same.
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:08   #6432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am in the same boat. People using them already can suggest better.

However, as per my research Icici seems to be the best option among these. Their auto top-up facility is a very convenient feature.

My only query is that I have 2 cars. So I will get 2 icici fastag. Will I be able to link them both with one Icici account. If yes then what's the procedure for the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
I am in the same boat with Paytm FasTags for both my cars. Considering the existing relationships with banks, I am mulling over the following options but am rather unaware of their respective interface to mange/track of transactions, etc. and more so if any bank has a common wallet balance which works with multiple FasTag’s similar to Paytm. I would prefer that any day. Feedback, experiences from fellow BHPians would help:

- ICICI
- Citi / Axis
- PNB
- SBI
Would highly recommend ICICI. Don't even consider SBI, there is no service or customer care for any issue resolution or for closing the tag.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:10   #6433
BHPian

I am also a Paytm FasTag user. The biggest advantage was the flexibility of their wallet. The money in the wallet can be used for other payments apart from FasTag.

Now Paytm being restricted by RBI, what options are available to people like me. Do I need to get a new FasTag from a different provider and close this one?
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:50   #6434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post
Now Paytm being restricted by RBI, what options are available to people like me. Do I need to get a new FasTag from a different provider and close this one?
You will have to get a new FasTag issued from a different source. You will not be able to load money into your PayTm wallet after the current balance is use. You would need to log into your Paytm FasTag portal and request for deactivation. But I would say to wait till 29th February as things might still change with PayTm now working doubly hard to comply with RBI rules.
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:53   #6435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
If your question is about linking multiple tags for auto-reload with a single ICICI Bank account, absolutely yes. You have to log in to the ICICI Bank Fastag portal and set up the standing instruction for reload. It may be a little confusing at first, but it works seamlessly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks