Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2023, 10:22   #6361
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Got a false Fasttag charge on my car, ICICI tag. Raised a complaint on 2nd day. After their investigation, they closed saying valid charges.

Asked for sharing the proof that they relied on to say it was my car, but got denied saying they, call center team, do not have this info.

Asked for escalation, which was promised but not done.

What else can I do?
Old 23rd August 2023, 10:34   #6362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
What else can I do?
Escalate to the bank's grievance officer.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 14:04   #6363
BHPian

On 12th August, I was travelling on Mumbai Pune Expressway towards Pune. At Khalapur toll, the barrier opened and light turned Green so they must have scanned the Fastag. But when I reached Pune, I saw that only 240/- were deducted at Talegaon toll plaza. This is second incident with me when toll charges were skipped by system. First time I had duly complained to ICICI Fastag team but they said they can't debit this amount and I have to let it go.

Any idea where I can report this and is it advisable to report the same?

A bit off topic, I recharge my Fastag directly using BHIM app using netc.<vehicle no>@icici and it works most of the time. For balance check, I use eToll app of ICICI.
Old 24th August 2023, 14:14   #6364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
On 12th August, I was travelling on Mumbai Pune Expressway towards Pune. At Khalapur toll, the barrier opened and light turned Green so they must have scanned the Fastag. But when I reached Pune, I saw that only 240/- were deducted at Talegaon toll plaza. This is second incident with me when toll charges were skipped by system. First time I had duly complained to ICICI Fastag team but they said they can't debit this amount and I have to let it go.

Any idea where I can report this and is it advisable to report the same?

A bit off topic, I recharge my Fastag directly using BHIM app using netc.<vehicle no>@icici and it works most of the time. For balance check, I use eToll app of ICICI.
I think that's usual to charge 240 at Talegaon plaza and remaining 80 at Khanapur considering that all people may not travel full distance and exit at lonavla (very pricey run).
Are you saying you were not charged extra 80 bucks at Khalapur?

In my experience on 20 Aug same run, I was charged 240 + 80 on both runs- to and fro.

However, it appeared that nothing was charged at Vashi toll, neither to nor fro. Why is that so?

Last edited by Rodie09 : 24th August 2023 at 14:16. Reason: Typo
Old 24th August 2023, 16:28   #6365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post

Actually, 240/- gets deducted at Khalapur and then a further 80/- gets deducted at Talegaon, respectively when heading to Pune from Mumbai. Even I use the ICICI Fastag and haven't encountered any issue yet. The only problem is sometimes, the toll SMS is not received. In such cases, I anyway always login to the ICICI Fastag portal and review the toll summary at the end of every trip.

Even I recharge my Fastag using BHIM. Works flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
I think that's usual to charge 240 at Talegaon plaza and remaining 80 at Khanapur considering that all people may not travel full distance and exit at lonavla (very pricey run).
Are you saying you were not charged extra 80 bucks at Khalapur?

In my experience on 20 Aug same run, I was charged 240 + 80 on both runs- to and fro.

However, it appeared that nothing was charged at Vashi toll, neither to nor fro. Why is that so?
There are times when the toll does not get deducted if you pass through an open barrier. Also can be attributed to a malfunction. In any case, thank your luck in this case for saving on this toll charge; surely an anomaly.
Old 24th August 2023, 18:12   #6366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Actually, 240/- gets deducted at Khalapur and then a further 80/- gets deducted at Talegaon, respectively when heading to Pune from Mumbai. Even I use the ICICI Fastag and haven't encountered any issue yet. The only problem is sometimes, the toll SMS is not received. In such cases, I anyway always login to the ICICI Fastag portal and review the toll summary at the end of every trip.

Even I recharge my Fastag using BHIM. Works flawlessly.

There are times when the toll does not get deducted if you pass through an open barrier. Also can be attributed to a malfunction. In any case, thank your luck in this case for saving on this toll charge; surely an anomaly.
I am going to test the Vashi toll again in 10 days from now. It is not that I just passed through an open barrier. I stopped, they mumbled "Fastag, okay..." and opened the boom without my vehicle info showing on display. Same on return, a different window obviously and 3 hours apart. I was expecting the money to be deducted in fasttag transaction, but no sms no deduction. Very strange but I am not complaining much
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 19:20   #6367
BHPian

Quote:
I just passed through an open barrier. I stopped, they mumbled "Fastag, okay..." and opened the boom without my vehicle info showing on display. Same on return, a different window obviously and 3 hours apart. I was expecting the money to be deducted in fasttag transaction, but no sms no deduction. Very strange but I am not complaining much
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
It could be malfunctioning of their system and this would be applicable in that case;
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_5819.jpeg  

NomadSK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 16:29   #6368
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to test the Vashi toll again in 10 days from now. It is not that I just passed through an open barrier. I stopped, they mumbled "Fastag, okay..." and opened the boom without my vehicle info showing on display. Same on return, a different window obviously and 3 hours apart. I was expecting the money to be deducted in fasttag transaction, but no sms no deduction. Very strange but I am not complaining much
Update: Same story yesterday. They just let me pass both ways at Vashi. It looks like Vashi toll folks are not using hand gun, so if the tag is not read swiftly by auto scanner, they have to let go the vehicle as per rule.

Unlike that all major toll plazas including expressway have hand held scanner which are able to read a 'somewhat faulty' tag such as mine.

Looks like quite a revenue leakage for them as many cars were given a let go like that.

I'll post my fasttag problem separately in next separate post here.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 16:42   #6369
BHPian

As evident in my above post, my tag seems to be having some issue in getting read by toll plaza scanners, although it works with hand held scanner.

Fasttag came from dealer for my New Tata Safari last month.
Issuer Bank - IDBI
Third party player - ParkPlus+ : I have no idea why they are involved

Problems:
1. Scanning problem as stated above from day 1.
2. Overall tag packaging was not user friendly. I was asked to scissor cut the tag to cut to size. No scissor cut lines either.
3. The parkplus app brings in lot of garbage and is unwanted. Worst, no toll transactions are displayed in app passbook or recent transactions. Only recharges show. Mind it, recharges were showing in Toll transaction only - so I was not looking in wrong place.
4. For my previous car I was happy with ICICI Fasttag as it was easy for me, ICICI having my primary banking account.

So now, I want to go back to ICICI for a new tag (yes, I'll take care of cancelation of existing one first).
To my surprise, ICICI fast tag purchase form does not have New Safari in model name. I searched the whole drop down, all I got was older safari models and one 'New Safari Merlin'. Harrier was there too.
Isn't that very shocking?

I contacted their call center and stated the problem. He said 'Sir, please choose nearest model and it should be fine'. I was somehow not comfortable providing inaccurate info.
What do you guys suggest? And what would be nearest model - Safari Dicor or Harrier?

Please advise.
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:42   #6370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

4. For my previous car I was happy with ICICI Fasttag as it was easy for me, ICICI having my primary banking account.

So now, I want to go back to ICICI for a new tag (yes, I'll take care of cancelation of existing one first).
To my surprise, ICICI fast tag purchase form does not have New Safari in model name. I searched the whole drop down, all I got was older safari models and one 'New Safari Merlin'. Harrier was there too.
Isn't that very shocking?

I contacted their call center and stated the problem. He said 'Sir, please choose nearest model and it should be fine'. I was somehow not comfortable providing inaccurate info.
What do you guys suggest? And what would be nearest model - Safari Dicor or Harrier?

Please advise.
I have used ICICI Bank netbanking to place order for Fastag (not their Fastag portal). If I recall correctly, it just asked for car registration number. Rest of the info was not needed (and no car documents were asked). It used savings account info like customer name and address. Also, there was no need for separate KYC as it considered savings account KYC itself. Received the tag within a week's time.

If you have not tried this option, you can check if this solves your issue. Of course the name on the account must match with the car owner name.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd September 2023 at 18:50.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 21:29   #6371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have used ICICI Bank netbanking to place order for Fastag (not their Fastag portal). If I recall correctly, it just asked for car registration number. Rest of the info was not needed (and no car documents were asked). It used savings account info like customer name and address. Also, there was no need for separate KYC as it considered savings account KYC itself. Received the tag within a week's time.

If you have not tried this option, you can check if this solves your issue. Of course the name on the account must match with the car owner name.
I was also trying through net banking channel. Last time I got it for my Verna, I had done it through imobile application and that worked like charm. Will try that.
Old 6th September 2023, 09:37   #6372
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
You can close the Fastag and get the balance refunded to your bank account. Login to your Icici fastag account (web version and not app). There is option to close tag. Fill up online form and upload required documents including bank details where you want money refunded. Your tag will get deactivated within few days and refund will be issued to your bank account within few weeks. You can submit this request before selling the car and remove the tag before car handover. Hope this helps.
I have 3 tags linked to my ICICI fastag account and want to close one of them since I sold the car recently.
When I login to the ICICI Fastag portal, I see "Close Account", will that ask me for the specific tag to close or will it close the entire account and all the tags ?

On clicking Close Account, it brings up this dialog box which is quite scary since I have an upcoming trip and can't afford to have all the tags closed!
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-close-account.png

Last edited by NPV : 6th September 2023 at 09:41.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 12:30   #6373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Third party player - ParkPlus+ : I have no idea why they are involved
I don't think the model name is of a big issue in this case. Vehicle number and type (LMV) is what matter the most.

I would suggest you select Safari Dicor and proceed. Atleast the name will match partially that way.

Regarding your existing tag, ParkPlus being a non banking entity, have to distribute tags after tieup with any existing banking entity. Hence IDBI comes in to picture.

Its an unwanted complexity and its good that you decided to drop that. From my experience, I have found park+ having good technical infra, however their customer care is pathetic.

On top of that they are all over the place - parking management, car cleaning, insurance, Fastag etc.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 09:04   #6374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I have 3 tags linked to my ICICI fastag account and want to close one of them since I sold the car recently.
When I login to the ICICI Fastag portal, I see "Close Account", will that ask me for the specific tag to close or will it close the entire account and all the tags ?

On clicking Close Account, it brings up this dialog box which is quite scary since I have an upcoming trip and can't afford to have all the tags closed!
Attachment 2499806
I only had single tag so don't remember exactly if there were separate options to close the tag vs the account. Do you see option to deactivate just the tag in question rather than the account? If in doubt, better to call the customer care, ususaly they are quite helpful.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 18:12   #6375
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I recently purchased a pre-owned car from a dealer. The original owner had a Paytm fast tag (removed from the vehicle). I am trying to get a new one but I keep getting an error saying that the vehicle already has a fast tag associated with it. How do I get a new one linked to my account now? I do not have the option of reaching out to the owner directly. Would visiting many of the Paytm POS locations help?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks