Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2022, 11:58   #6211
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post

Now my worry is , how can I know if the RFID is not damaged without actually going through the toll booth to avoid last minute surprise ?
Not that I am aware of, best is to go through a low fee toll booth and hope for the best!
amartya_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 12:32   #6212
BHPian

Quote:
Now my worry is , how can I know if the RFID is not damaged without actually going through the toll booth to avoid last minute surprise ?
I would just replace the tag. It is a fairly simple process to deactivate the old one and get a new one. A few years back when I got my first fast tag I pasted it slightly misaligned with the top of the windshield and it was annoying me. ( The tag was working perfectly fine). So I just requested for a replacement and got it within 2 days.
anandhsub is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 21:35   #6213
BHPian

Is there a need to verify a FasTag? Mine was done through a dealer and I got a message on WhatsApp asking me to download the Park+ app to complete the verification process. I am yet to use the FasTag at a toll.
Old 19th December 2022, 07:01   #6214
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

I bought my pre-owned car in March 2021.

I did buy a Paytm fastag just after I purchased the car and has been working smooth all this time. Now I need to replace the front windshield of the car due to a damage. When I tried to replace the fastag, I see an issue saying my car is blacklisted at NPCI. The previous owner did not close the fastag issued by Airtel Payments Bank. I tried calling their customer care and they say only the registered contact should be calling for closure of the fastag. The problem is I do not have any contact number/email of the previous owner.

I have sent them an email detailing my issue, but I'm not sure if they will respond on time. I also tried calling NPCI helpline (1033) but was of no use. Even they suggested I contact Airtel Payments Bank as only they can close the fastag and remove the blacklisting.

Has anyone faced this issue in the past? Please suggest a way forward. I will be changing the windshield this week, but I will be unable to use the car on long trips until this issue is sorted out :(
Old 19th December 2022, 07:55   #6215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvr08 View Post
Dear BHPians,

I did buy a Paytm fastag just after I purchased the car and has been working smooth all this time. Now I need to replace the front windshield of the car due to a damage. When I tried to replace the fastag, I see an issue saying my car is blacklisted at NPCI. The previous owner did not close the fastag issued by Airtel Payments Bank. I tried calling their customer care and they say only the registered contact should be calling for closure of the fastag. The problem is I do not have any contact number/email of the previous owner.

I have sent them an email detailing my issue, but I'm not sure if they will respond on time. I also tried calling NPCI helpline (1033) but was of no use. Even they suggested I contact Airtel Payments Bank as only they can close the fastag and remove the blacklisting.

Has anyone faced this issue in the past? Please suggest a way forward. I will be changing the windshield this week, but I will be unable to use the car on long trips until this issue is sorted out :(
What does Paytm customer care has to say? Since you were able to buy the Paytm tag even though the earlier Airtel fastag was blacklisted, I'm assuming Paytm should be able to send a replacement. Also hope that Airtel is able to help with your query.

If nothing works. may be you can try to close paytm tag and opt for another provider like Icici bank or through the folks who sit near toll plaza where you can discuss your issue and get a new tag on the spot.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th December 2022 at 07:57.
Old 19th December 2022, 08:57   #6216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
What does Paytm customer care has to say? Since you were able to buy the Paytm tag even though the earlier Airtel fastag was blacklisted, I'm assuming Paytm should be able to send a replacement. Also hope that Airtel is able to help with your query.
Paytm, Bank of Baroda, IDFC - Tried these but in vain! All these say the same thing that the vehicle is blacklisted. Even PayTM cannot re-issue the tag.
Old 19th December 2022, 09:24   #6217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The previous owner did not close the fastag issued by Airtel Payments Bank. I tried calling their customer care and they say only the registered contact should be calling for closure of the fastag.
Since payment banks are regulated by RBI and are subject to the Ombudsman scheme, you should start by sending a complaint detailing your problem and constraints to the grievance redressal system of Airtel and work through the process. It is not going to be quick or easy, but will get you to a lasting resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
If nothing works. may be you can try to close paytm tag and opt for another provider like Icici bank
I think the rule of one-active-tag-per-vehicle came very recently (maybe after the OP's purchase date). So it is unlikely any other issuer will be able to issue a tag to a vehicle that already has one active.
Old 19th December 2022, 10:39   #6218
BHPian

Quote:
I did buy a Paytm fastag just after I purchased the car and has been working smooth all this time
Is it not possible to just take out the old tag from broken windshield and stick to new one using cello tape. May not look good but you won't have to go through all hassle of chasing banks.
Old 19th December 2022, 10:40   #6219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I think the rule of one-active-tag-per-vehicle came very recently (maybe after the OP's purchase date). So it is unlikely any other issuer will be able to issue a tag to a vehicle that already has one active.
Yes. That is why other banks did reject my request. I'm following up with Airtel to get this fixed. Hope this gets resolved at the earliest! Fingers crossed
Old 19th December 2022, 12:59   #6220
BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

I had a similar problem and could not close the tag from the previous owner. The solution that worked for me is to go to a real fasttag booth right after any toll booth and get a new tag there. Whatever the issue was it worked when I went in this way. May be a loop hole but hey, what can we do in such a situation?
Old 19th December 2022, 14:09   #6221
BHPian

I have a paytm fastag and had opted for paytm postpaid as default option for toll payments. IT used to work earlier, but recently the tolls are deducted from main Paytm wallet and I ended up paying double the toll fee in cash since the balance was exhausted.

Is anybody using paytm postpaid + fastag combo?
Old 23rd December 2022, 11:09   #6222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I have a paytm fastag and had opted for paytm postpaid as default option for toll payments. IT used to work earlier, but recently the tolls are deducted from main Paytm wallet and I ended up paying double the toll fee in cash since the balance was exhausted.

Is anybody using paytm postpaid + fastag combo?
Paytm customer care confirmed that the postpaid payment option for toll payment has been discontinued. Some one could have reminded them to inform the customers

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_2022121919353988_49b96b5fbae0d12a18edc4a3afe0dfd9.jpg
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 22:15   #6223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

I did buy a Paytm fastag just after I purchased the car and has been working smooth all this time. Now I need to replace the front windshield of the car due to a damage. When I tried to replace the fastag, I see an issue saying my car is blacklisted at NPCI.
Please give your email, I will reply to you on email as you are not eligible for receiving PM (Private Message).

I had requested Mods to delete my posts which led to deletion of your post too (since you had quoted my post).

EDIT: -To all bhpians who have similar problem please PM me. I don't want to publicly mention the solution.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 27th December 2022 at 22:19. Reason: As above.
Old 28th December 2022, 00:49   #6224
BHPian

Any quick and effective way to clean fastag sticker residue?
I peeled off my old one and now left with the silver coloured layer which is tough as hell to remove. Tried scraping it off carefully with a blade but its so frustrating

Need to clean it completely before I put the new one.
Old 28th December 2022, 06:24   #6225
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any quick and effective way to clean fastag sticker residue?
Use a damp cloth dipped in detergent-water solution and make the tag area on the glass damp. After 5-10 minutes, use a putty blade to carefully scrape the adhesive residue off. Alternatively, you can spray some WD-40 and then scrape off with the putty blade.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks