Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 12:51   #6151
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmraj View Post
Dear patrons,

A couple of questions :

1. My IDBI Fastag doesnt seem to recharge through any APP ( Paytm). What ever recharge I put in gets reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Did you try default netc.vehicleno@tagbank VPA to do a UPI recharge? This is how I do it - and it is part of the minimum requirements set by NPCI and has worked for every bank I have tried so far.
Use this NETC recharge via UPI, simplest, easiest & nearly the fastest.
Old 12th July 2022, 10:38   #6152

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Use this NETC recharge via UPI, simplest, easiest & nearly the fastest.
Tried that as well, doesn't work hence the desperation
Old 12th July 2022, 10:56   #6153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmraj View Post
Tried that as well, doesn't work hence the desperation
Probably your tag isn't active/activated. Reach out via the IDBI-specific support channels. If this is the dealer-provided one then ask them to fix it for you.
Old 25th July 2022, 23:57   #6154
BHPian

I have a FastTag on my old car and I am looking to purchase a new Car.

Is there a way to get the car RC number updated in the fasttag to the new car number, so that i can stick the same fasttag on the new car, instead of paying 500 for a new fasttag ?
Old 26th July 2022, 01:56   #6155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
I have a FastTag on my old car and I am looking to purchase a new Car.

Is there a way to get the car RC number updated in the fasttag to the new car number, so that i can stick the same fasttag on the new car, instead of paying 500 for a new fasttag ?
The Fastag account can remain the same, but the actual Fastag will have to be different. You cannot update the existing Fastag with new RC details. You will have to request your existing Fastag provider to issue a new tag linked to the currently operative account.
Old 26th July 2022, 09:22   #6156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
The Fastag account can remain the same, but the actual Fastag will have to be different. You cannot update the existing Fastag with new RC details. You will have to request your existing Fastag provider to issue a new tag linked to the currently operative account.
That is where my confusion is. I checked later at night on ICICI website, and it did give me the option to update vehicle number: Check this link

You can see the steps in below image as well:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...338633&thumb=1

I did not go through with it as I still dont have the new car, but I wonder if this is all that it takes to transfer the FastTag from one car to another, without having to buy a new Tag.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fasttag.jpg  

Old 26th July 2022, 10:18   #6157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is prohibited from selling a new car without a new Fastag also. So that 500 you have to spend, anyway. In addition it is not possible to remove the tag from the windshield of any car without damaging it.

Quote:
That is where my confusion is. I checked later at night on ICICI website, and it did give me the option to update vehicle number: Check this link
I think this process is to update the registration number in case you have taken the tag by quoting only the VIN. I doubt you can change the number from AB01CD2345 to PQ02RS6789 using this facility.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:24   #6158
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is prohibited from selling a new car without a new Fastag also. So that 500 you have to spend, anyway.
Oh, I did not know that this is the rule.

Quote:
I doubt you can change the number from AB01CD2345 to PQ02RS6789 using this facility.
I actually logged in and tried it myself last night, it allowed me to update it, although i didnt go through to saving the changes, as I dont have the new car yet.
Old 26th July 2022, 10:49   #6159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I actually logged in and tried it myself last night, it allowed me to update it, although i didnt go through to saving the changes, as I dont have the new car yet.
Go through the entire process and see. I doubt ICICI will accept this.

Come to think of it - there is one use-case where this might be desirable. When a vehicle's registration number changes (say, by re-registering it in a different state). What happens to the Fastag in those cases? Do the issuing banks allows retaining the old tag with just a backend DB update or do they insist on replacing the tag on windshield also?
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:55   #6160
BHPian

Quote:
Go through the entire process and see. I doubt ICICI will accept this.
Thanks. This is the message I got from the dealer just now - Fastag can't transferred because, new car fastag will be done before registration, if fastag done successfully then only registration process will go ahead. If any problem comes registration can't be done

Not sure how far this is true, but it looks like I am going to be spending 500 on a new fastag with my new car.
Old 26th July 2022, 13:57   #6161
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how far this is true, but it looks like I am going to be spending 500 on a new fastag with my new car.
Even I have the ICICI Fastag on both my cars. When I got the new car a few months back, I just raised a request by logging into the Fastag Portal.

Detailing steps for you below:
1) Login to the portal.
2) Under Helpdesk tab, click on Raise Request/Complaint
3) Under sub-type, choose "Add on Tag under same Customer ID".
4) Input the details of new license plate.
5) Under Description, mention that you require new Fastag issued for new registration number and that has to be linked to the same ID.
6) Under Type of Query, select Add on Tag
7) Input various details like Address etc in relevant line items below.
8) Attach the RC for record.

After submitting the request, ICICI is notorious for not acting on it for a few days. So immediately call up the Customer Care and follow up actively. They will deduct the issuing fees from existing balance and dispatch the new tag to your address. I received the same in a week's time approx.

Hope this helps.
IamNikhil is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:05   #6162
Distinguished - BHPian

I've observed one small change recently in ICICI Fastag.

Earlier, whenever the balance used to come below ₹100, the tag would be "Blacklisted" and it would stop working. This was the case even if the toll fees was less than ₹100 and even when there is a security deposit of ₹200. So effectively the user had to maintain ₹300.

Now that's changed, the tag is "Blacklisted" only when the balance goes negative. For example if you even have ₹1 and you have to pay ₹100 toll, the tag will work. The balance will become -₹99 and the tag will be blacklisted after that.

With the increased NICE road toll fees effected from this month, the toll from one end to the other end is ₹210. I've wondered what will happen if I drive from one end to the other?

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th August 2022 at 09:22. Reason: Editing for some spellings, capitalisation etc.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 19:45   #6163
BHPian

A bunch of questions about fast tag and Park+

1. The fast tag on my first car is stuck in front of the door ( thanks to a stupid, over enthusiastic salesperson at the tollbooth ). The person also tried to peel it a bit when I yelled about the mis-affixing. That seems to have damaged the tag. This is a 3 year old story and at most tolls my tag has to be manually tagged. This is with Airtel Payments bank.

2. On my second car, the dealer procured the tag on my behalf via Park+ and works like a charm. However, the tag shows up under my VIN number. Park+ allows you to add a vehicle by regn number and I can't find how to link the existing tag that shows up on Park+ to the vehicle regn I added. How do I do this.

3. Now I want to surrender the first tag to airtel and then buy a second one from Park+ itself. Is the surrender process written up somewhere?

4. Re the new Fast tag I will by from Park+ for the first car, can I do this only after I surrender the airtel one ( atleast from the app it doesn't let me buy now ) ? I have a trip coming up and I was hoping that I could purchase and activate the new tag before the trip and then return/deactivate the older one at my own pace later. Possible?
Old 9th August 2022, 07:28   #6164
BHPian

My car is under my dad's name. I'm using the vehicle and there happens to be a toll gate near my college and I have to pass through it every time I need to get in the city. I'm currently staying the college hostel. Can I avail the monthly pass for this toll gate? If yes can sometimes please give a brief idea on it?
Old 9th August 2022, 08:28   #6165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind_M92 View Post
My car is under my dad's name. I'm using the vehicle and there happens to be a toll gate near my college and I have to pass through it every time I need to get in the city. I'm currently staying the college hostel. Can I avail the monthly pass for this toll gate? If yes can sometimes please give a brief idea on it?
I think you are mixing up two things here.

There is nothing that stops you from getting a monthly pass. From what I've calculated this allows 60 traversals of the toll booth in a 30-day period for a cost that works out to that of 30 single trips plus a small fee. The IT-enabled backend of the Fastag system allows accurate tracking of its usage I imagine.

Additional documentation requirements will come in if you want to apply for local user exemption. As far as I can tell this is a completely free option with the only cost being a nominal administrative one (few hundred rupees).

But this exemption is offered only if there is no alternative to the tolled road and qualifying for it is tough because in many cases it is underwritten by the local state government. Even if the exemption is offered at your toll booth, my thinking is that you are not eligible for it (RC owner needs to be living within N km of the toll booth; with N = 10 for NHAI). You are not the RC owner, of course.

There could be special cases that toll operators might deal with separately (eg: leased vehicles of qualified residents). Just stop at the toll booth on a working day, walk into the administration office, clear all your doubts and complete the paperwork.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed