Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 21:57   #6016
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

I have a conundrum if you can call it that

I bought a car in Delhi which is DL registered to state the obvious. For various reasons I will be shifting it and using it in Bangalore. I will need a fasttag for my daily travels as the small 10km drive to my workplace has a toll in between.

Now I am consfused as to where to apply for fast tag Delhi or Bangalore?

Am I wrong in assuming that for some reason I need to apply for one from Delhi?

I do have Kotak bank account in Delhi, HDFC one in Bangalore and ICICI from Andhra if that helps in the decision.

--

Many years ago, maybe a decade prior I did get fast tag near one of the tolls. After paying for it and giving the documents I was told that my tag is activated and I will receive a message. I never received the message and it got blacklisted (to their credit they actually put the money I gave them in the tag so it did work for quite a while). I continued to use the blacklisted tag at every toll which at least helped me use the fast tag lane even though I didn't have a working fast tag. I say all this as this it the only experience I have had with fast tags and completely missed the fast adoption drive by the government and most of the information shared regarding it.
Old 9th March 2022, 08:13   #6017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath_ View Post
Now I am consfused as to where to apply for fast tag Delhi or Bangalore?
Just apply wherever it is convenient to you. The concept is truly One India, One Fastag. The locations of your bank accounts also don't matter because we already have One India, One Bank Account.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th March 2022 at 06:36. Reason: Please keep it cordial
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 10:09   #6018
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to close my SBI fastag as I am planning to sell my car. I tried to submit tag closure request through their website and uploaded all relevant documents in the form. After submission, it just shows a statement that request successfully submitted but there is no reference number and I didn't receive any sms or mail about it. Tried second time but same thing happened again.

So I'm left wondering if the request is going through at all and does this online process work ? I don't see a way to track the request.

Anyone tried this way and successfully closed their tag? Appreciate your feedback.

If this online thing doesn't work, where do I submit request in person? Can I walk in to any nearby SBI branch or there is any dedicated branch for FASTag in Bangalore ?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 9th March 2022 at 10:18.
Old 9th March 2022, 10:12   #6019
BHPian

I have been a customer of ICICI from the early years when FastTag was introduced probably 2015 or 2016. For the first couple of years I usually would not have to pay the tolls as the system was in it's nascent stage and most of the time the system would not deduct money.

However off late I have started encountering this weird problem of the tag not being able to be read by the reader in few of the toll booths. Not sure what the problem is. Probably time to go for a new tag.
Old 9th March 2022, 10:45   #6020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath_ View Post

I have a conundrum if you can call it that
You can apply anywhere as there is no co-relation with RC address or Bank address or your current home address. You just need to add the RC photocopy and get a Tag delivered to your preferred home or office address. This is how it works. You can get it also at any toll booth anywhere. You do not even need a bank account as I just applied through PayTM with RC photo.

On your other statement, I hope you are aware that you need to recharge the Tag as per the needs and it is not a one time payment. Once the initial balance is exhausted, you will need to recharge else your new Tag will also blacklisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
I have been a customer of ICICI from the early years when FastTag was introduced probably 2015 or 2016. For the first couple of years I usually would not have to pay the tolls as the system was in it's nascent stage and most of the time the system would not deduct money.

However off late I have started encountering this weird problem of the tag not being able to be read by the reader in few of the toll booths. Not sure what the problem is. Probably time to go for a new tag.
Please look up for the FasTag thread in TeamBHP itself, the initial ICICI tags were configured for limited time and has expired after 5 years or so. ICICI is replacing them free of cost. So please check and get your FasTag replaced without spending money. Now I understand they come with 20 year validity.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 11:00   #6021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
You do not even need a bank account as I just applied through PayTM with RC photo.
Paytm (and maybe others with Payment Bank operations, like Airtel) push aggressively and maybe even surreptitiously open accounts in their banking entity for you. You have to actively watch out for this practice.

Last edited by binand : 9th March 2022 at 11:10.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 10:05   #6022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Paytm (and maybe others with Payment Bank operations, like Airtel) push aggressively and maybe even surreptitiously open accounts in their banking entity for you. You have to actively watch out for this practice.
A Paytm savings account was opened for me when I had the KYC done for ordering Fastag.

I might be wrong, but I think that as part of the KYC process there is a question whether to open a savings bank account, for which the shopkeeper would have chosen yes without asking me.

As an aside, though Paytm says that KYC shoud be done free of cost by the designated shops, they did charge me a fee.
Old 19th March 2022, 20:16   #6023
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I applied for ICICI FASTag through net banking for my new car. It just asked for registration number and delivery address for tag and generated a reference number.

I am not familiar with this online process so wondering if this is all it needs since it did not ask for any documents to upload?

What is next step - Will they dispatch my tag or ask for documents?
Old 28th March 2022, 11:33   #6024
BHPian

I have been facing a weird fast tag issue.

I have Paytm fast tag. I had to replace the windshield. So replaced the fast tag too. Paytm sent a replacement fast tag. On the app, the old tag status is CLOSED. The new tag status is ACTIVE.

Now, whenever I reach a toll, it says Blacklisted. Toll attendants immediately say you are out of balance on your tag. I show them the balance on the app. Sometimes, some toll attendants figure out that it is reading the old tag ID, do something on the computer, and I proceed with boom barrier opening. Some times, everybody is running around trying to figure out what's going on (while annoyingly for me and more importantly for others in the queue keep waiting). I pay cash and move on. Even better, sometimes when everybody is running around, the tag keeps getting read and abruptly turns green - i.e., the tag is read just fine, and I proceed.

What I do not understand is, even though it says Active on the app, and occasionally tag gets read correctly and lets me go, why is the tag shown as BLACKLISTED most of the times at tolls? How do I get this fixed.

[Paytm customer care is of no use. You cannot get their FastTag customer care number easily. And, they always think I paid cash + it got deducted on app - so they try to fix that issue. Not the blacklisted issue. Even though I explain it to them multiple times]
Old 28th March 2022, 11:45   #6025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
What I do not understand is, even though it says Active on the app, and occasionally tag gets read correctly and lets me go, why is the tag shown as BLACKLISTED most of the times at tolls? How do I get this fixed.
Please raise a ticket with IHMCL, the ETC nodal agency. They will check their master records and revert.

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th March 2022 at 11:47.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 13:11   #6026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I am looking to close my SBI fastag as I am planning to sell my car. I tried to submit tag closure request through their website and uploaded all relevant documents in the form. After submission, it just shows a statement that request successfully submitted but there is no reference number and I didn't receive any sms or mail about it. Tried second time but same thing happened again.

So I'm left wondering if the request is going through at all and does this online process work ? I don't see a way to track the request.

Anyone tried this way and successfully closed their tag? Appreciate your feedback.

If this online thing doesn't work, where do I submit request in person? Can I walk in to any nearby SBI branch or there is any dedicated branch for FASTag in Bangalore ?
Any pointers how to close SBI FASTag? I called customer care and they asked me for online request ID which the system never generated

Now when I trying to submit another online request, it gives an error that cheque image is already available. However there is no way to figure out status of my earlier application.
Anyone knows whats the best course of action? Anyone knows where in Bangalore I can visit to close the tag (if this online way is a dead end).
Old 3rd April 2022, 16:31   #6027
Senior - BHPian

Bank of Baroda Fastag blacklist issue

Yesterday, in a toll booth, my BoB fastag appeared as blacklisted and I ended up paying cash. I was pretty sure that I had enough balance and double-checked on their portal, everything looks normal. Thought I was scammed by the toll agent, but the same happened in the next toll as well. Here I showed the balance SMS to the agent and he said something like the tag had expired on the 31st.

Today, another friend also reported the same issue. He too has a BoB fastag and got it from the same dealer. He called customer care who asked him to visit a branch I am thinking it is something to do with BoB or the specific set of tags.

Is anyone here with a BoB tag facing the issue after March 31st? I plan to complain to the dealer and BoB tomorrow.
Old 3rd April 2022, 18:20   #6028
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bank of Baroda Fastag blacklist issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Yesterday, in a toll booth, my BoB fastag appeared as blacklisted and I ended up paying cash. I was pretty sure that I had enough balance and double-checked on their portal, everything looks normal. Thought I was scammed by the toll agent, but the same happened in the next toll as well. Here I showed the balance SMS to the agent and he said something like the tag had expired on the 31st.

Today, another friend also reported the same issue. He too has a BoB fastag and got it from the same dealer. He called customer care who asked him to visit a branch I am thinking it is something to do with BoB or the specific set of tags.

Is anyone here with a BoB tag facing the issue after March 31st? I plan to complain to the dealer and BoB tomorrow.
How old is your Tag? Generally the dealers might have provided Fastag with limited KYC or the tag might have been 2 or more years old which might need KYC revalidation.
Old 3rd April 2022, 18:40   #6029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How old is your Tag? Generally the dealers might have provided Fastag with limited KYC or the tag might have been 2 or more years old which might need KYC revalidation.
The tag is hardly 3 weeks old.
Even if KYC is required, it shouldn't get blacklisted out of the blue. And in the BoB portal, the tag is still marked as active.
Old 5th April 2022, 07:20   #6030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, in a toll booth, my BoB fastag appeared as blacklisted and I ended up paying cash.
Quote:
Generally the dealers might have provided Fastag with limited KYC
Quote:
The tag is hardly 3 weeks old.
Even if KYC is required, it shouldn't get blacklisted out of the blue. And in the BoB portal, the tag is still marked as active.
When we had bought Alcazar in Aug. 2021, it came with Dealer provided Axis Bank Fastag. After about 15-20 days (or a month), when I tried to recharge the Fastag, it failed (this was 2nd recharge). The 1st recharge was successful.
When I called Customer Care (number on Axis Bank Fastag website), the representative told to upload Pan Card copy.
I told her, the dealer must have submitted the pan card copy while procuring Fastag, the why again I need to upload the same. She told the KYC is incomplete and that is why Recharge is not going through. I asked her how was 1st recharge successful? She replied that she don't about 1st recharge success. But now have to upload the Pan Card copy.
I uploaded scanned copy on their Fastag website and the subsequent recharges were/are successful.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks