Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2023, 20:52   #6346
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Are they deducting 110/- each side (220/- total) for KIAL Bengaluru FASTag now?
They didn't, on 12/7.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20230716204957834-1.jpg
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 21:01   #6347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
They didn't, on 12/7.
Raised a complaint with ICICI FASTag.
Old 19th July 2023, 18:20   #6348
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy to see that UB City in BLR has integrated FASTag into their parking. No more fiddling for card or phone at the exit.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 05:41   #6349
Senior - BHPian

I experienced this even at the erstwhile Forum Mall, Koramangala (can’t recall what it’s called now). So very convenient, isn’t it.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 08:07   #6350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Happy to see that UB City in BLR has integrated FASTag into their parking. No more fiddling for card or phone at the exit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I experienced this even at the erstwhile Forum Mall, Koramangala (can’t recall what it’s called now). So very convenient, isn’t it.
Nexus Shantiniketan, Nexus Whitefield and Park Square malls have integrated Fastag for quite some time

Hope Phoenix mall follows suit soon.
Old 20th July 2023, 09:05   #6351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
My hope is that KIAL implements it in the very near future.
Old 20th July 2023, 11:24   #6352
BHPian

I had an IDFC fastag and for some reasons it was not working and when I contacted them they said it is active but in every toll it said it was blacklisted, out of frustration I changed one on the highway and now it seems to be working fine.

I want to know the procedure to get a refund from IDFC I am unable to reach them via their customer care nor emails, any pointers ?
Old 20th July 2023, 11:52   #6353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Nexus Shantiniketan, Nexus Whitefield and Park Square malls have integrated Fastag for quite some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My hope is that KIAL implements it in the very near future.
One very real risk with this development is that folks will need to really monitor the balance in their FASTags. Typically for our family, our two vehicles rarely pass tolls and I have kept barely 1K in each. If mall parking charges are factored in, I will need to keep a contingency amount as well.

BUT I am guessing the parking operators have a backup plan in place with UPI and/or cards.
Old 20th July 2023, 12:35   #6354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntra800 View Post
I had an IDFC fastag and for some reasons it was not working and when I contacted them they said it is active but in every toll it said it was blacklisted, out of frustration I changed one on the highway and now it seems to be working fine.

I want to know the procedure to get a refund from IDFC I am unable to reach them via their customer care nor emails, any pointers ?

By any chance did your balance go below the threshold limit ? If yes, then it might be the reason for Blacklisting. I can't understand how you got the new Fastag mapped with your exisiting car, when as per their procedure its a non-conformity. Strange !

Only the banks can remove the blacklisting subjected to the request. Here's the SOP.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_5620.jpeg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_5621.jpeg  

Last edited by NomadSK : 20th July 2023 at 12:36.
Old 24th July 2023, 10:48   #6355

Recently, I became the proud owner of an XUV700, and along with the purchase, I received an IDBi Fast Tag (without any other option ). The dealer emphasized the importance of linking the Fast Tag with the vehicle number as soon as I received the RC , warning that failure to do so could result in the Fast Tag being blocked.

For new cars, the Fast Tag is initially linked to the VIN. Once I received the RC, I tried to find relevant information on the IDBI website, but unfortunately, there wasn't sufficient guidance available.

Thankfully, my dealer came to the rescue once again and used the ParkPlus app to upload a copy of the RC. Within just 5 days, the Fast Tag was successfully linked to my vehicle number, ensuring a seamless experience for my future travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntra800 View Post

SpeedStriker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 11:40   #6356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
By any chance did your balance go below the threshold limit ?
What is the Threshold Limit? And who puts it into the Blacklist? Is the bank or the Toll Plaza or can it even be a Parking Garage?
Old 24th July 2023, 12:47   #6357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What is the Threshold Limit? And who puts it into the Blacklist? Is the bank or the Toll Plaza or can it even be a Parking Garage?
Threshold limit may vary from bank to bank. Recently someone told me that this clause has been given up by NHAI and any positive amount in the Fastag will keep it active. However, it will be a bank's prerogative to keep the minimum balance.

SOP for blacklisting Fastag's

Issuer: The bank which issues RFID NETC FASTags to the customer.

Acquirer: The bank that processes NETC transactions on behalf of Plaza Operator.

A) The issuer will initiate a request to the NETC system to add a NETC FASTag in the blacklist whenever there is low balance in the account of NETC FASTag holder. Similarly, the issuer will initiate the request of removal of NETC FASTag id from the blacklist whenever the NETC FASTag holder funds the NETC FASTag linked account. In the similar way the issuer can request the addition or deletion of NETC FASTag ids in blacklist.

B) The acquirer will initiate a request to the NETC system to add or remove the NETC FASTags added by itself in the blacklist.

C) The NETC system will add/remove the NETC FASTag id’s in the requested exception list & send the response to the issuer.

D) The NETC system will add/remove the NETC FASTag id’s in the requested exception list & send the response to the acquirer.

In addition, A vehicle can be blacklisted from passing through NETC lane on written orders from appropriate authorities of government agencies as listed below:

- Reserve Bank of India
- NHAI/ IHMCL
- Centre/ State law enforcement agency
- Police
- Defence
- NETC FASTag of a stolen vehicle can be blacklisted if a copy of FIR is available

Note - Above text has been retrieved from the NETC procedural guidelines.
NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 17:00   #6358
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I purchased a pre-owned vehicle and it had an HDFC fast tag with it. I have been using a paytm fast tag up until now and am quite happy with it.
I read up on how a fast tag can be transferred in the event of the vehicle being sold; paytm has such an option but HDFC does not.
What is recommended in this case?

1. Continue with the existing HDFC tag - I know how to recharge it, maybe I can even get my mobile number updated on it (not sure of this)

2. Get the existing tag closed through the previous owner and get a new one myself.

Which one do you recommend and why?
Old 24th July 2023, 19:49   #6359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
Hi Guys,

I purchased a pre-owned vehicle and it had an HDFC fast tag with it. I have been using a paytm fast tag up until now and am quite happy with it.
I read up on how a fast tag can be transferred in the event of the vehicle being sold; paytm has such an option but HDFC does not.
What is recommended in this case?

1. Continue with the existing HDFC tag - I know how to recharge it, maybe I can even get my mobile number updated on it (not sure of this)

2. Get the existing tag closed through the previous owner and get a new one myself.

Which one do you recommend and why?
Option #2. That way the tag will be updated with new owner name and no surprises in future, in case of any KYC needs.
Aviator_guy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 11:31   #6360
BHPian

As recently as last week, I purchased a new car. The mandatory FasTag provided was from IDBI Bank.

I don't know if it is an issue all around, but there seems to be some "technical issue" (as told to me by IDBI FasTag customer care rep) due to which the user cannot load more than Rs.500/- at a time.
When I tried loading the FasTag through UPI, netbanking, IDBI FasTag App, IDBI online portal, none of them worked for me. I was able to load the amount only once for Rs.100/-. The amount only got credited to my account after a full 48 hours!
Through netbanking, there is a charge of Rs.13, while using UPI, there is no extra charge for loading the FasTag wallet.

I requested the IDBI FasTag team to cancel the tag. After a little persuasion, they agreed to do so without me having to visit their branch.

If you have an option while purchasing a new car, please do not opt for IDBI.

So far I have tried Airtel, Axis, Kotak and Paytm on my other cars. All of these have been hassle free thus far.

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 10th August 2023 at 11:34.
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks