Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2024, 12:33   #6436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I have tags from Various banks for my cars which came with the dealerships.

So I have one linked to HDFC, one to IDBI, one to Karur Vyasa Bank, one to ICICI and 2 to Paytm.

In terms of immediate sms and emails, the Karur bank was surprisingly the best with a lot of details on their email which came within 15 seconds of the tag passing the toll.

Paytm was best in terms of having top ups for 2 cars interlinked and selecting various banks to top up the wallet.

IDBI is the worst. It's not letting me do the KYC for som reason. But i'm not worried since that tag is for my classic and she doesn't do long runs where I have to cross any tolls. I would have never bought IDBI but when I went for green tax and renewal, the RTO inspector insisted the fastag be there and I had to buy locally from whoever gave me the tag fastest.

ICICI is my oldest fastag but unfortunately doesn't support auto top up using credit card. It only supports auto top up using bank account and I don't hold an account with ICICI. However, it's easy to top up using the app and selecting an existing ICIC card and there is no need for OTP either. Just 2 steps and it's reloaded and fast. I remember once topping up just 1 car away from the fastag sensor and it worked fast.

My two paytm linked cars are company cars and I thought I'll try to get the new tags from Kotak bank where I have my company account so I can auto top it up. However, Kotak doesn't support fastag for company cars and you need to have an individual account with Kotak for buying a fastag. Weird.

So I'm also in the same boat and confused which tag to go for.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 2nd February 2024 at 12:36.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 20:04   #6437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
Feedback, experiences from fellow BHPians would help:

Here are the options I and any others if better than these:

- ICICI
- Citi / Axis
- PNB
- SBI
Park+ (in association with IDFC is providing FASTag). You can check the review from one of the BHPian in this another thread (Who is your preferred FASTag provider?)
Old 19th February 2024, 15:18   #6438
BHPian

Hello all.

I am an existing Paytm Fastag user and planning to switch over to an alternative provider. In Paytm I currently have two Fastags/cars linked to my wallet: my father's car and my car.

Which other alternative provider offers the ease of tagging two Fastags to a single wallet / pool of money? When I refer to "ease", I am basically referring to an "online" process. I reached out to ICICI helpline earlier in the day. But I was told that tagging the second Fastag is an offline process that needs to be done at. PoS location or toll plaza. To me, this seems rather inconvenient given that KYC can be done fully online these days.

I was reading in another thread about IDFC and HDFC too allowing such tagging of multiple vehicles, but yet to hear from someone who actually managed to get this done completely online, successfully.

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th February 2024, 11:38   #6439
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I need to travel to HP at the end of this month. Due to the new RBI notice for Paytm Payments Bank, specifying of Fastag closure, I had to initiate a request to close my Paytm Fastag. I initiated the request under Paytm Help page for Fastag Profile and gave all the details for closure of request.
I tried to escalate this issue by calling their helpline number as well. To my surprise they said I have another Fastag issued under my VRN. It has been issued by IDFC Bank to a person at a toll booth without even obtaining their mobile number.

Should i proceed for legal consequences against the bank and the user?
Old 20th February 2024, 13:08   #6440
BHPian

I initiated closure of my PayTM fastag and applied for a new one on 18th.
Now, the status in the PayTM app is "closure initiated". ICICI has issued a tag (I have not yet received it).
When I check the status in NETC portal the following status is shown
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastagstatus.png

My question is how can 2 tags be active? Does this mean, once I received the new ICICI fastag, I can start using it immediately? (I have destroyed the paytm fastag).
Old 20th February 2024, 13:19   #6441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
I initiated closure of my PayTM fastag and applied for a new one on 18th.
Now, the status in the PayTM app is "closure initiated". ICICI has issued a tag (I have not yet received it).
When I check the status in NETC portal the following status is shown
Attachment 2574637

My question is how can 2 tags be active? Does this mean, once I received the new ICICI fastag, I can start using it immediately? (I have destroyed the paytm fastag).
This is how it shows till the Paytm FASTag gets closed. Don't worry about that. Yes, you can start using the ICICI FASTag once you get it and that being the most recent one, it will remain active.

Last edited by Ananthponraj : 20th February 2024 at 13:22. Reason: Answered the query on usability
Ananthponraj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 13:50   #6442
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the Fastag work in "closure initiated" state? Can this still be used to pay for tolls until it is closed fully?
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 14:55   #6443
BHPian

Guys, I have closed my Paytm fastag and in the process of getting a new one. Some banks have "minimum balance" requirements while some have "security deposit". What is the difference between the two?
Old 21st February 2024, 17:33   #6444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Does the Fastag work in "closure initiated" state? Can this still be used to pay for tolls until it is closed fully?
I think you can still recharge and use the fastag. Once you click on the fastag in manage fastag page, it will show you the UPI ID that could be used to recharge the same. For me, it took more than 5 days to close the fastag, however, in between I tried to buy it from the bank, I tried on the 4th day, and I was able to get the same. Which means, that technically the fastag was closed by 4th day but postprocessing took sometime from the paytm side.
DivyanshuDiv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 17:41   #6445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, I have closed my Paytm fastag and in the process of getting a new one. Some banks have "minimum balance" requirements while some have "security deposit". What is the difference between the two?
Practically for you, nothing.

For them, if its a minimum balance, the money is in your account, but locked from you.

If its a security deposit, money is in their account and will be refunded to you once/if you close the Fastag in future.
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:45   #6446
BHPian

Checked the paytm website just now and the date till which money can be added into the wallet is now reflecting as 15th march.
Have they been given some leeway by the RBI? I don't remember reading about this anywhere else.

I've been holding off cancelling my fast tags (I have 4 of them linked to my paytm wallet), is there any scenario possible wherein they will retain their functionality post the deadline?
jomson13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:23   #6447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post

I've been holding off cancelling my fast tags (I have 4 of them linked to my paytm wallet), is there any scenario possible wherein they will retain their functionality post the deadline?
Kindly check the RBI FAQs related to Paytm. Q16's answer suggests to procure a new FASTag

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot-20240222-5.21.488239pm.png
Ananthponraj is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 20:16   #6448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
Kindly check the RBI FAQs related to Paytm. Q16's answer suggests to procure a new FASTag
Thank you for this.
I have initiated closure of all my paytm fastags and have applied for new ones via the ICICI mobile banking app.
The whole thing took me less than 10 mins, both apps work quite well.
jomson13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 00:03   #6449
BHPian

I loved the convinience of the Paytm Fastag. Keep money in wallet, link to multiple Fastags and it auto deducts from the wallet (which i was anyhow using for a lot of things). The only other option that seems to do this is the Amazon-ICICI Fastag. Am i missing something? I definitely want to avoid the hassel and getting money stuck in the 2-3 fastags that i need to get for me and my family.
izzikio_rage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 01:55   #6450
BHPian

Canceled my Paytm Fast tag and applied for HDFC Fast Tag. It has single wallet system for all the cars. Funniest part was , could not top up through the link sent by HDFC called helpline and they said sir try any other app as may be our link is having some issues and guess what? Had to use Paytm UPI to top up!

Yet to use it but am sure all should be fine.
Satkaj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks