Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2024, 08:48   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
Yes, I did upload the destroyed FASTag on 5th Feb, but there has been no progress. And for New FASTag, I opted for ICICI through Amazon Pay and got that delivered in 2 days, working fine now.
There's no update, just one fine day the balance will be refunded and status changed.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 09:05   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Looking at the issues folks are facing with Airtel Fastag, I will be cautious while activating it. I am not a fan of their call centers so will visit the airtel store nearby of anything crops up. Will update.
I have been using Airtel Fastag since more than a year now. Everything was fine till Jan of this year. One fine day I saw Rs100+18 debited in my account. I took some time to figure it what it was. Got to know that it is for some kind of subscription charges. Then started multiple emails and calls (from them). Finally I got the subscription cancelled. They did not refund the amount. Once again I had to send multiple emails and asnwer multiple calls from them. Finally they did refund the amount.
If you ask me, their service sucks. My suggestion is to avoid them if you can.
kavensri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 09:19   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
One fine day I saw Rs100+18 debited in my account. I took some time to figure it what it was. Got to know that it is for some kind of subscription charges.
They never mention about the maintenance / subscription charges while onboarding customers especially for the Airtel FASTag.
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 09:42   #274
Senior - BHPian

Is there any difference between "ICICI Fastag" (bought from ICICI app) and "Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag" (bought from Amazon app)?
Old 10th February 2024, 09:58   #275
BHPian

Initiated the closure of my PayTm Fast tag. Considering HDFC Bank or IDFC Bank Fast tags. Don't want to take a Fast Tag from a bank where I have my savings account (ICICI). Having read many horror stories of Fast Tag misuse, I want to avoid any sort of 'auto debit' link between my savings account and the Fast Tag.
Old 10th February 2024, 10:09   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Is there any difference between "ICICI Fastag" (bought from ICICI app) and "Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag" (bought from Amazon app)?
Applying through Amazon Pay will take to ICICI FASTag application page. The only difference is Amazon Pay gives cashback 1% for Amazon Prime members on all Toll spends ( if applied through Amazon Pay)
Ananthponraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 10:36   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
Applying through Amazon Pay will take to ICICI FASTag application page. The only difference is Amazon Pay gives cashback 1% for Amazon Prime members on all Toll spends ( if applied through Amazon Pay)
If we apply for an ICICI Fastag through Amazon, do we need to recharge separately, or is maintaining a balance in Amazon Pay sufficient? Similar to Paytm, where having a wallet is adequate for Fastag usage without requiring a separate payment, does Amazon ICICI Fastag operate in a similar manner, or is a separate recharge necessary despite having a balance in Amazon Pay?
Old 10th February 2024, 10:44   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
If we apply for an ICICI Fastag through Amazon, do we need to recharge separately, or is maintaining a balance in Amazon Pay sufficient? Similar to Paytm, where having a wallet is adequate for Fastag usage without requiring a separate payment, does Amazon ICICI Fastag operate in a similar manner, or is a separate recharge necessary despite having a balance in Amazon Pay?
Will like to add to this question, if one has Amazonpay ICICI credit card, will the FASTag pull money directly from credit card or I need to load it? I’m wary of any system which can auto debit my account or credit card; so I’ll prefer a manual reload.

Thanks.
Old 10th February 2024, 11:03   #279
BHPian

I closed my PayTM fastag on 31st Jan and got a refund. Transferred whatever was in the wallet to my back account. I will have to look up on how to close the Wallet, was only used for Fastag as I moved to use UPI through ICICI and GPay apps. PayTM tag had no issues ever and I had mostly forgotten about it until I can upon a random toll. User experience was truly breezy.

Had applied for an ICICI Fastag the same day of the previous tag's closure and I got the new tag. It allows us to link with our ICICI SB Account along with auto topup enablement. Applying through ICICI channels was very smooth and the single app covers it all. Allows to be recharged via NETC.REGISTRATION@bank UPI handle as well.

Have a HDFC Tag on the other car and the app/interface is clunky, feels that it is from early 2010s. While it allows a mandate to be setup, it does not allow UPI topup. Fastag does not show up on the Bank's mobile app as well. Not replacing as it works fine and is just a hassle to replace another tag.

Had an SBI Tag before HDFC on the same car and it never worked. Was always blacklisted for no reason even when unused. SBI has/had no clue how to deal with fastags, they issue a tag and mostly forget about it I guess.
asbshyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 11:19   #280
BHPian

Has anyone tried the Park+ Fasttag. I dont see much reviews on it. I am in the process of cancelling my Paytm Fastag, and trying to choose a new one.

FYI, I was very happy with Paytm, absolutely no complains.

I prefer airtel, but I dont want to start a payments bank account for that.

One thing that is non negotiable is that I want it to be a rechargeable fastag. And not associated with any bank account. I am ok recharging it whenever needed.

I understand ICICI tag will also be recharge only (or am I wrong) but I still prefer using one which is not associated with a bank. Service always is a hit or a miss when it comes to banks and small transactions.

Something like Park+ seems to be secluded from bank accounts as such, hence is prefereable. I am also looking at Amazon Pay Fast tag, because it should be linked to the Amazon wallet and will be easier to manage, becasue of the regular use of Amazon. Also Amazon customer care is pretty easy to deal with, which I believe will spill over to fasttag as well.

Last edited by frewper : 10th February 2024 at 11:23.
frewper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 11:30   #281
BHPian

Been a PayTM fastag user for years and it has always been a seamless experience with it.
Sold my old car & closed the fastag & received the refund fairly quickly and transferred it to my bank without fuss.
Since I was buying a new car my first choice for fastag was PayTM but then RBI changed that.

Confused about which tag to get I decided to go with ICICI but the process didn't seem as easy and I hit a wall when trying to process the payment from their website so I dropped it entirely.

After a lot of searching, I came across an app called Park+ which I had been using for a while to get free parking in malls and saw that they were offering fastag as well so decided to try it.
Applying process was fairly easy and I was issued an IDFC tag within minutes which was delivered to my address within two days.

Tag issuance fees was icing on the cake with no security deposit charged and with some offers even though the issuance fee was Rs 250 I only ended up paying Rs. 150 and received a Rs 250 fastag balance.

Recently used the tag on tolls and got good cashback on recharges.
It's also fairly easy to recharge with multiple cards/wallets/upi apps options.
Log history is also easily accessible within the app showing all details of tolls crossed, recharge history and cashbacks.

Overall a great experience and I'd recommend Park+ if you're looking for a fastag.

Last edited by Ruchir031 : 10th February 2024 at 11:32.
Ruchir031 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 12:04   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
If we apply for an ICICI Fastag through Amazon, do we need to recharge separately, or is maintaining a balance in Amazon Pay sufficient?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Will like to add to this question, if one has Amazonpay ICICI credit card, will the FASTag pull money directly from credit card or I need to load it? I’m wary of any system which can auto debit my account or credit card; so I’ll prefer a manual reload.
I just started using ICICI FASTag ( bought through Amazon Pay). Amazon pay shows an option to Manage Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag > Manage - that is the only link and this takes to the dedicated ICICI FASTag portal. Amazon Pay wallet is not linked to ICICI FASTag.
ICICI creates a separate wallet for each customer ID, where you can add money to the Wallet or the specific Tag by recharging and Auto reload (by Standard Instruction /Emandate) using any instrument ( UPI, Bank AC, Debit / Credit cards).
I also prefer manual reload, currently using UPI and ICICI Portal and didn't opt for auto reload through SI.

One another thing which noted with the 'FASTag recharge' option under the 'Bills & recharges' available in the UPI Apps ( Google Pay / CRED) for the ICICI FASTag, there is a minimum recharge of Rs.500; While I was able to recharge for Rs.100 through ICICI portal and Rs.1 using the UPI id netc.<vehicle number>@icici. Hope this helps.
Ananthponraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 12:06   #283
BHPian

To close Paytm Fastag go to this link on a browser in your phone having paytm app.

It will take you to the app with an option to close fastag.

https://m.paytm.me/tclo
car-dent is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 12:09   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
There is an option for auto-recharge that debits your account or card directly if the balance falls below a threshold. But the good thing is that it can be disabled.
rahulpandita is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 12:18   #285
BHPian

Went through the same dilemma and opted for Airtel Fastag as I already had a KYC ready payments bank account with them. Ordered through the app and the fastag was dispatched the same day.

Word of caution: Airtel Payments Bank recharge via a debit card or netbanking or even their own payments bank doesn't work 9 out of 10 times. You have to do a recharge through Google Pay and try multiple times there as well. Surely a backend issue they are not able to resolve.

The PayTM fastag was so seamless. The app is great and the manage tag/recharge process was simple. Its a pity that we have to let go of their robust backend system due to regulation issues.
lionell is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks