Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.04%
Axis Bank 7 2.46%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 19.01%
ICICI Bank 134 47.18%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.73%
Induslnd bank 3 1.06%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.52%
State Bank of India 10 3.52%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2021, 17:44   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Wouldn't you have to go through the KYC process with this ICICI tag as well?
The ICICI website shows KYC updated as of now (based on aadhar number provided). As per the agent, with ICICI, once your account shows KYC status as updated, they won't ask again.

I don't have any issue with updating KYC if it is necessary. We do it periodically with multiple bank accounts. All I need is an intimation that it is due, so that we can act upon it.
Old 10th August 2021, 18:37   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I called customer care and after a really long hold time, I get the expected answer that this is due to KYC not updated.
Have you tried to recharge the wallet above 10k? AFAIK there is no need for KYC for a Fastag account as long as the balance won't exceed 10k. If not, then it is poor implementation from HDFC.

This is from ICICI Fastag FAQ:
Quote:
You may recharge your FASTag Account by making payment through cheque or online through Credit Card/Debit Card/NEFT/RTGS/UPI or Internet Banking.

For customers whose KYC documents are received, the FASTag Account recharge limit is Rs 1,00,000. For non-KYC customers, the recharge limit is Rs 10,000 only.
Though I had given the documents when I took the tag back in 2016, I am a "non-KYC" customer and the status in the portal says "Not updated". I don't intend to have a balance above 10k, so hope there won't be any nasty surprise from ICICI.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 18:46   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Have you tried to recharge the wallet above 10k? AFAIK there is no need for KYC for a Fastag account as long as the balance won't exceed 10k. If not, then it is poor implementation from HDFC.
Nope. I always recharge 1,000 to 2,000 only. Balance never went above 2,000 at any time.
Old 11th August 2021, 08:24   #154
BHPian

Quote:
... "wallet freeze".... Bye bye HDFC.
I had the same experience. A few weeks back, I had a long journey planned. I planned to top up my HDFC Fastag (It came with the car). The day prior to the start day, I tried recharging and it didn't go through. I wasn't able to login to the new website also. I called up their customer care and was told that this was a wallet freeze due to KYC not updated. I had checked a few months back on their old website and it said KYC is done. Did they lose the details somehow? The customer service executive gave me a random email address to send the documents to. He also mentioned it would take a week. This seemed a little shady to me. I didn't want to send my documents to a random email id. I wasn't able to verify that the email address belonged to HDFC in any way. So I ordered Paytm fastag to my destination and set off planning to use the remaining balance. Luckily for me, I was able to pass through all the tolls using the remaining balance. After I reached my destination, I ripped off the HDFC tag and pasted the Paytm one.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 09:34   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
wallet freeze due to KYC not updated.
Quote:
Balance never went above 2,000 at any time.
HDFC doesn't have a "No-KYC" option, but rather a "MIN-KYC" for which one has to submit PAN card copy.

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/re...egister-fastag

Quote:
2. For FASTag new registration, you need to provide your KYC document, registration certificate (RC) of your vehicle, passport-size photograph, Pan Card (mandatory), address and ID proof (a valid licence would be enough for address and ID proof). To create a wallet with Full KYC, it is essential for the customer to provide all KYC documents or they can create a MIN KYC with the Pan Card.

7. To recharge, select the wallet ID to be renewed, and enter the amount you want. For a MIN KYC Customer the recharge limit per month is Rs. 10000/- and for a Full KYC Customer, the limit at any given point is Rs. 100000/-.
Old 11th August 2021, 22:16   #156
BHPian

I'm an early adopter of FastTag and have been with ICICI since they were the first to offer it in my locality. All our cars are registered in my company's name and frequent highways. Hence I wanted to have a single pool of fund from which all cars will draw money.

Recently when I tried to enable the 'One Wallet' feature in ICICI, I got to know that they no longer offer this feature.

Does SBI or Axis offer such a feature or is my only option PayTm?
Old 12th August 2021, 12:31   #157
BHPian

I have FastTag issued by Karur Vysya Bank. This was the one that Advaith Hyundai fixed on the car during one of the regular Service visits around three years back.

No issues have been faced with FastTag at the booths and re-charging has always been easy. (Either the Bank APP or UPI). The fast-tag was un-used for almost a year due to less highway drives on account of covid, but it was never deactivated during this time period.
Old 19th September 2021, 13:02   #158
BHPian

Guys, had been using IDFC first bank till now but was fed up with not knowing how much I have paid after each toll since the messages used to come late.
Recently purchased a paytm fastag at a highway toll and paid Rs 350 for it.
The issuer said that Rs 100 is for purchasing the tag and Rs 250 will come in my bank account, however, I can see only Rs 150 as Fasttag security balance in paytm app. Have I been duped by Rs 100 ?

Also, I am using the IDFC first bank fastag still on my car and it has almost 500 balance in it.The paytm fastag has still not been applied. What should I do? exhaust the balance in IDFC card, throw it off and apply paytm ?
Or some other way ?
Old 20th October 2021, 19:00   #159
Senior - BHPian

I voted for ICICI and not only for the ease of use but end to end experience which I am sharing below

Getting FASTag
Ordered it online and received within a week's time. This was the time before the Fastag was made mandatory and there were not a lot of awareness or players in the market. Just fixed the tag to the car myself and all set.

Using FASTag
Last 2.5 years of usage, never faced any issue at the toll or during recharge. Icici app is easy to use, track and load money.

Termination of Fastag

I sold my car and wanted to cancel the Fastag. Was dreading lot of legwork and follow up. But was pleasantly surprised when customer care mentioned that I can request cancellation online and no need for any running around. Point to note is that this option to cancel tag is not available on the app but we need to log in to their FASTag site. In 2 minutes I placed the request along with scanned copies uploaded (letter to cancel, pan card and cancelled cheque image). Received acknowledgement and then within 2-3 days the tag was deactivated. All this while sitting at home and no follow up with customer care or branch.

New FASTag for brand new car

I purchased new car and wanted FASTag asap for my interstate travel on the next day of delivery. I wasn't sure if dealer would be able to provide it and would it be activated etc. Called up Icici and I was told that nearby toll plaza has a POS desk which can provide tag on the spot. This was my backup plan but luckily dealer was able to fix fastag on delivery day and it was also activated same day. Otherwise I was definitely planning to buy my next tag from ICICI.

So all in all, I have had nothing but good experience with ICICI and would definitely recommend it specially over govt banks who would keep giving you headaches about KYC and also poor customer support should you face any any issue. I have already experienced this while trying to sort out issue with my new tag from a govt bank (dealer had a tie up with this particular bank only

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 20th October 2021 at 19:20.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 09:58   #160
BHPian

[QUOTE

Does SBI or Axis offer such a feature or is my only option PayTm?[/quote]

Well I am using 2 vehicle on Fastag with Paytm. I also have Fastags on other vehicles from Axis Bank and Bank of Baroda But nothing beats the convenience of Paytm. There is a single interface which is mobile friendly and you can add money on it even on the go. The other Fastag's viz. Axis and BoB, I need to login into your account and add money and I have faced multiple issues at times loading those.
Old 21st October 2021, 11:45   #161
BHPian

I have not tried multiple providers yet. I have two cars with ICICI tags. No issues so far. Its quick and convenient to login to ICICI Mobile App and check balance and also recharge. Have not tried any other providers.

From the poll results, it looks like paytm is ahead. I do use paytm for every other activity like mobile, dish tv recharge, LIC renewal, MNGL payment, daily shopping and found it to be extremely user friendly and convenient.
Old 21st October 2021, 12:29   #162
Senior - BHPian

Been using ICICI on multiple cars and no complaints. their interface is crude but it works.
Horrible experience with SBI (I got it from a guy near toll by submitting all copies) and after 2 years these guys have blocked me from uploading due to limited KYC. I find it ironical that documents needed to convert limited KYC into a full KYC are exactly same

In this digital age, really disappointed by SBI fastag which behaves worse than govt agencies with zero customer support.

Looking at the poll, I have decided to try Paytm and get rid of SBI for good.
Old 21st October 2021, 16:23   #163
BHPian

Not able to login into ICICI FASTag site via individual login/Login via Username. Login via Mobile Number works though. Changed the password but still shows "Invalid credentials". Tried Forgot username/password (also suggested by customer care - still not able to.

Anyone faced this issue and how do you get around this?
Old 21st October 2021, 16:42   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Not able to login into ICICI FASTag site via individual login/Login via Username. Login via Mobile Number works though. Changed the password but still shows "Invalid credentials". Tried Forgot username/password (also suggested by customer care - still not able to.

Anyone faced this issue and how do you get around this?
I always use mobile number( and OTP) based login and don't even recall my regular login password! You mentioned mobile based is working for you, then what is the issue? Either method should be able to log you into your account, correct?
Old 21st October 2021, 17:04   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
You mentioned mobile based is working for you, then what is the issue? Either method should be able to log you into your account, correct?
Thing is I either never receive the OTPs or get them next day ! So I do not trust the mobile based logins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks