Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2024, 09:26   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

I have a Kotak Bank fastag for my vehicle and on the website dashboard it shows that the KYC is pending although the relevant documents are attached. Upon calling the customer care, I was informed that the pending status will not matter if the wallet recharges are less than or equal to 10K per month. In any case my wallet recharges are less than 10K, so should I continue to have this status pending for KYC.

I am aware that if have to recharge the wallet for more than 10K then I will need to go for the full KYC.
Old 3rd February 2024, 09:09   #242
BHPian

It is time to reopen this poll with the PayTM issue.
I have moved to HDFC now from PayTM.
Old 3rd February 2024, 09:33   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
It is time to reopen this poll with the PayTM issue.
I have moved to HDFC now from PayTM.
Yeah may be.

Going by the forum reviews and popularity, ICICI would be on top once Paytm is gone.
Old 3rd February 2024, 12:28   #244
BHPian

I am a Paytm Fast Tag user. How many days does it take to cancel the Paytm Fast Tag and get an alternate Fast tag. Also which Fast tag is recommended? I do not have an ICICI Bank account.
Old 3rd February 2024, 12:48   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
I am a Paytm Fast Tag user. How many days does it take to cancel the Paytm Fast Tag and get an alternate Fast tag. Also which Fast tag is recommended? I do not have an ICICI Bank account.
After paytm, I'd recommend icici. You don't need to have a bank account. Recharge can be done via UPI apps like any other tag or on the icici imobile app. Customer service is quite good to resolve any issues.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 02:10   #246
BHPian

I decided to stick around with Paytm and see. Unfortunately travel planned for the next 2 weeks means I don't want to cancel Paytm now and I actually have loaded more amount to the wallet when everyone is draining their wallets.

I for some reason think the backend will be migrated to HDFC or another bank seamlessly after 29-Feb without having to change the tag. The change which cannot be avoided certainly I believe is that recharge might have to be done in another bank's portal or thru UPI after that. But that's just my wild guess, have to wait and see.
Yieldway17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 07:31   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I decided to stick around with Paytm and see. Unfortunately travel planned for the next 2 weeks means I don't want to cancel Paytm now and I actually have loaded more amount to the wallet when everyone is draining their wallets.

I for some reason think the backend will be migrated to HDFC or another bank seamlessly after 29-Feb without having to change the tag. The change which cannot be avoided certainly I believe is that recharge might have to be done in another bank's portal or thru UPI after that. But that's just my wild guess, have to wait and see.
I think 29th Feb is too early for Paytm to integrate the backend with any bank and that too when they do not have any partnership yet. I guess something like this happening by early 2025 even if it happens.
Old 4th February 2024, 11:55   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discBreak View Post
I think 29th Feb is too early for Paytm to integrate the backend with any bank and that too when they do not have any partnership yet. I guess something like this happening by early 2025 even if it happens.
Reading about the Fastag working, honestly it doesn't appear that hard to switch the backend with respect to tech. The issuer bank needs to work with NETC and another bank to just change the user-bank mapping at NETC layer and migrate the users list and balances to the new bank.

https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/n...oduct-overview

From business point of view, who knows how long it will take. It depends on the NETC and the partnering bank which needs to be willing to go full length but I do agree that it is not so easy in the business world.
Old 4th February 2024, 23:04   #249

Hearing good things about the Amazon ICICI fastag. Does it support auto recharge like the non co-branded ICICI fastag?
Old 5th February 2024, 10:57   #250
BHPian

Even I am not closing Paytm fastag anytime soon. Also with one trip coming up, I have to load wallet as well.

If things don't change, I am planning to buy either Amazon Pay ICICI tag or Parkplus Fastag with IDFC. Both these fastags can be used for fuel payments at HP bunks after linking with HP pay. ICICI Amazon pay has added advantage of 1% cashback also
Old 5th February 2024, 22:55   #251
Senior - BHPian

For folks looking for an alternative to the Paytm wallet linked Fastag solution, I think Airtel Wallet/UPI Fastag combo comes close if not exactly equal.
I might actually go for it.

Here's an excerpt from the Airtel Thanks app :
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot_20240205220254.png

Last edited by shancz : 5th February 2024 at 22:58. Reason: add cmt
Old 6th February 2024, 10:40   #252
BHPian

Airtel Payments Bank Account comes with 'Account Facilitation Charges - Rs. 100' and then 'Annual Subscription Charges - Rs. 100 + GST (wef. 1st Jan’23)' which will be applied annually post completion of one year. So please check for the all the T&Cs ( https://www.airtel.in/bank/static/te...itions-savings)
Similarly Airtel Money Wallet also has some charges (Maintenance charges - comparatively lower than Bank charges). But worth to check ( with any existing users) before getting the Airtel Fastag and know more details.
Ananthponraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 12:10   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
- Airtel Payments Bank Account comes with 'Account Facilitation Charges - Rs. 100' and then 'Annual Subscription Charges - Rs. 100 + GST (wef. 1st Jan’23)' which will be applied annually post completion of one year.
Similarly Airtel Money Wallet also has some charges (Maintenance charges - comparatively lower than Bank charges).
- Thanks for the heads-up.

- I have been an Airtel wallet customer for about an year but with barely 10-12 transactions till date. The wallet is also a part of the "Airtel Payments Bank" but requires only a "minimum KYC" which I am assuming is same as the KYC done for the Airtel SIM, in essence the Aadhar. This has a limit of 10,000 and is intended for bill payments, recharges and Fastag.
With "minimum KYC" I can also use the UPI by linking it to another bank account.
I haven't completed a year but I haven't paid any charges for this service at any point in time and nor was it ever mentioned in any of the workflows.
Also it doesn't make sense since I am depositing money with them on which they don't give me any interest like a normal savings bank account.
There could be transaction/platform charges like Paytm used to add but it is unlikely that there will be any maintenance charges on this service.

Now there is another section which I haven't used is the Savings Bank Account(SBA) which is the one being talked about in the earlier point by Ananthponraj in post #252. The fees and charges are applicable to that I reckon. This needs a full KYC to be done and as mentioned in the website can be done online and I am assuming by visiting Airtel Care centers too.
This is similar to the Paytm Payments Bank Savings Account and will operate like any other savings bank accounts.

Last edited by shancz : 6th February 2024 at 12:12. Reason: typos
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 12:53   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Now there is another section which I haven't used is the Savings Bank Account(SBA) which is the one being talked about in the earlier point by Ananthponraj in post #252. The fees and charges are applicable to that I reckon. This needs a full KYC to be done and as mentioned in the website can be done online and I am assuming by visiting Airtel Care centers too.
This is similar to the Paytm Payments Bank Savings Account and will operate like any other savings bank accounts.
Thanks Shancz for adding more details. I have a couple of queries, may be you or any Airtel Fastag users (existing / new) could help on the below -
1. For new Airtel Fastag users (being an existing Airtel Wallet user) - I think the Airtel Fastag would be linked to Wallet - Is that right ?
2. For new Airtel Fastag users ( without Airtel Wallet ) - Would Airtel provide option to create a Wallet & link Fastag to Wallet or force to have Airtel SBA & link Fastag to SBA ?
Old 6th February 2024, 13:01   #255
BHPian

Have been using ICICI Fastag since the very beginning and the service is good. No glitches. Recharging via UPI is easy. Highly recommend.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks