Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2024, 12:33   #286
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
Amazon Pay wallet is not linked to ICICI FASTag.
ICICI creates a separate wallet for each customer ID, where you can add money to the Wallet or the specific Tag by recharging and Auto reload
Thank you!!

I am not in a rush to change the app; I am still waiting for a response from paytm or RBL. Since they are allowed to use the tag and app even after February 29 with existing balance, I am waiting to see what action Paytm and RBL take to protect existing customers.

If, in the last minute, they allow Fastag to work within the Paytm app but through a separate loading portal, that would be great. If nothing happens even after February 29, I would use the balance in the wallet in Fastag until I get a replacement from a new vendor and use the balance amount in any payments.

I am planning to load around 2k in the wallet before Feb 29. Let's see how it goes.
raptor_diwan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 13:09   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewper View Post
Has anyone tried the Park+ Fasttag. I dont see much reviews on itl.
I have been using Park+ Fastag on one of my car, and haven’t faced any issues. They issued me the fastag linked to IDFC Bank and it can be recharged using any app. It was slightly cheaper than others if I remember correctly. App UI is also good.
saubi2299 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 15:03   #288
BHPian

I too have a paytim fastag, and my commute requires me to pass through the Bengaluru Airport road toll everyday. The fastag comes in super-handy.

Can I go ahead and get a brand new fastag from a different provider, while continuing to have the paytm fastag?
Does the new provider check existing fastag from another provider before issuing a new fastag?
Would the activation of new fastag automatically disable the old fastag? Or do I have to manually go and disable the old fastag via paytm app?

Does anybody have experience with Axis Bank Fastag? I have banking relationship with them, and would prefer to get it via them. Primary reason being, I can route all my queries to the helpful CRM and save the hassles of emails/IVR.
Old 10th February 2024, 18:04   #289
BHPian

Just closed my Paytm Fast tag and got a HDFC one where I have a banking relationship. Paytm shows closed and got the refund. Observation: Proklear undiluted was really effective removing the old one from the windshield.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 18:10   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
Just closed my Paytm Fast tag and got an HDFC one with whom I have a banking relationship. Paytm shows closed and got the refund.
How long it will take to deactivate the fast tag? I closed it today and the app shows deactivation initiated. Do we have to apply for the new one after the deactivation rite?
Old 10th February 2024, 18:32   #291
BANNED

Paytm seems to be little easy to use. It also appears that lot in the crowd is using Paytm for FasTAG, which is also evident from my experience.

Topping Up the wallet is something which we should otherwise remember doing, failing which we will be forced to pay higher fare by cash at the toll plaza or counter, which i remember a friend was talking about when we had a travel outside Bengaluru this week. All i wished was that it automatically deducted through UPI from the connected Bank Account (which some of you might not like to happen).
Old 10th February 2024, 19:47   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Thank you!!

I am not in a rush to change the app; I am still waiting for a response from paytm or RBL. Since they are
Even I am on the same lines. Paytm experience has been ultra good, no issues since the fastag days started. Even Changed my car and transferred the fastag of my previous car to the buyer very easily. Insisted for Paytm tag on my new car. And now this is a heart break situation if Paytm is forced to kill it's fastag service.

I do not want to open a bank account just for fastag sake, not sure if that is a must to maintain and monitor transactions. I have heard that SBI tag is a pain to use and icici is good.

Was not aware of "Park ". I will definitely consider this if I have to change. Until then I am going to load some balance to Paytm and wait for the decision fingers crossed.
HummerH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 19:49   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
How long it will take to deactivate the fast tag? I closed it today and the app shows deactivation initiated. Do we have to apply for the new one after the deactivation rite?
Each of us have different experience in Paytm FASTag closure, so it depends.
For getting new FASTag, you can apply once you request for closure of the Paytm FASTag. Paytm CC executive told that my FASTag was deactivated on the same day I requested for closure, though it is not fully closed. Refund of Security Deposit + Threshold Amount will be refunded only after the FASTag is fully closed.
Ananthponraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 23:10   #294
BHPian

I used to recharge my HDFC fastag via Paytm app and it was super convenient. Would this feature still be available via UPI post wallet closure on Paytm app?

Last edited by Maverick Avi : 10th February 2024 at 23:11.
Old 10th February 2024, 23:53   #295
BHPian

I closed my Paytm fastag on 31 Jan and got confirmation about closure and also got back my money (400 rupees) yesterday. Applied for Icici fastag.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 06:09   #296
Senior - BHPian

I have explored all sections of the PayTM app and even checked the help section. There is no option of canceling FasTag.

I found a phone number on Google on which the closure process is straightforward.

Calling 1800 120 4210 and choosing closure of FasTag will send us a link via SMS that opens in the app. Make sure that you keep the photo of destroyed FasTag handy. If you dont, there is an option to upload the pic later on via the FasTag section in the app where we manage our FasTags.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 11th February 2024 at 06:19.
PaddleShifter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 07:46   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
I used to recharge my HDFC fastag via Paytm app and it was super convenient. Would this feature still be available via UPI post wallet closure on Paytm app?
According to RBI's press release on Jan 31, 2024
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot-20240211-7.43.218239am.png

From the point (iii) above, it looks like paytm app would be allowed to provide upi services ( similar to Google pay, phone pe, Cred etc) and FASTag ( Non Paytm) could be recharged under "Bills & Recharge" options.

RBI has stated that it will publish a FAQ on this soon, Let us wait for that.
Ananthponraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 09:24   #298
BHPian

My recent encounter with Airtel wallet, payment bank account, and Airtel Fastag has been utterly abysmal. Previously, I had been smoothly navigating through transactions using the PayTM wallet, bank and Fastag until the recent regulatory restrictions imposed on PayTM by the RBI. I thought of changing my HDFC Fastag (was never happy with their services) first before switching my PayTM Fastags to other banks.

Attempting to procure an Airtel Fastag for one of my vehicles (with HDFC Fastag) through the Airtel Thanks app proved to be a labyrinthine ordeal. Well, I need an airtel wallet first to order a Fastag. Oh, I already have an airtel wallet. (I had linked my Airtel postpaid account to PayTM bank long time back for auto debit and they created an airtel UPI and wallet without my consent or they must have tricked me in doing so). Ignoring that I ordered an Airtel Fastag through the app on February 8th, with a promised delivery date of February 12th.
Trying to check the status of Fastag through the Airtel Thanks app, incessantly pushed me to open an Airtel payment bank account. However, attempting to do so through the app led me on a fruitless merry-go-round of providing Aadhaar and PAN details, followed by uploading a selfie. After an hour of futile attempts, I abandoned the endeavor and decided to visit an Airtel store instead.

At the store, the process of opening an Airtel payment bank account was completed almost instantaneously after providing my PAN and Aadhaar details. I was informed that opening Airtel payment bank account couldn't have been done through the app, despite the app suggesting otherwise. Anyways had a smooth experience at Airtel store.

Frustrations mounted when attempting to check the status of my Airtel Fastag, buried beneath layers of the app's interface and inexplicably marked as "validating," despite the order being placed two days prior.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-airtel.jpg

Contacting customer support proved to be an exercise in futility, with labyrinthine IVR systems and clueless representatives. After an arduous and exasperating conversation, I discovered that my Fastag was supposedly active, despite never being delivered to me.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-fastag-status.png

Furthermore, I was informed that my Airtel wallet had been closed and converted into an Airtel payment bank account (without my consent.) That was the reason I was unable to see the Fastag transaction on my account.
The ordeal continued with contradictory instructions regarding the status of the Fastag, which ultimately led to the suggestion of visiting an Airtel store for a temporary Fastag with limited functionality (cannot be used for transactions at toll plaza), till the Fastag is delivered in about 14 days.

Till yesterday it was 14 days delivery time. Today morning I got a message that my Airtel Fastag is out for delivery. Shows how clueless the customer care is.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-airtel-delhivery.jpg

In essence, the experience with Airtel's banking and Fastag services has been characterized by disorganization, inefficiency, and a complete disconnect between the various components of the Airtel ecosystem. The Airtel app, purportedly designed for customer convenience, serves primarily as a platform for advertising, with essential account functionalities buried beneath layers of promotional material. Given the frustrating and convoluted experience, I would strongly advise steering clear of Airtel's banking and Fastag services until significant improvements are made.

Last edited by bravo82in : 11th February 2024 at 09:51. Reason: Typo, additional information
bravo82in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 09:57   #299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
My recent encounter with Airtel wallet, payment bank account, and Airtel Fastag has been utterly abysmal.

Furthermore, I was informed that my Airtel wallet had been closed and converted into an Airtel payment bank account (without my consent.)
If you think your experience until now has been abysmal, you have a party waiting for you! I've had an account with Airtel Payments Bank for a while now.

Everything started off very smooth and rosy until a year or so back when Airtel sneakily started adding charges for various things. They started sending messages such as "Rs. 10 (or so) will be charged as SMS delivery charges from so-and-so-date. Call Customer Care to opt-out". Then "Rs. 100 will be charged as Account Maintenance Charges. Call Customer Care to opt-out".

This is in essence a step short of fraud.

So, when I cancelled my Paytm Fastag, I didn't even consider Airtel. I'm now inclined to even close my Airtel Payments Bank account.

Quote:
I was informed that opening Airtel payment bank account couldn't have been done through the app, despite the app suggesting otherwise.
It was possible earlier; I opened my account sitting at home. Even the full KYC was done via video. However, when I tried this for someone a few months later, I was instructed to visit an Airtel store.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 10:28   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Given the frustrating and convoluted experience, I would strongly advise steering clear of Airtel's banking and Fastag services until significant improvements are made.
Like you I've already ordered and interestingly had some network issues and post raising a complaint, the "expect a resolution" time frame was 17 days! That's a first for me so surely a lot has changed at the backend in the last year. Very high reduction in staff to reduce costs?

Let's see how the Fastag journey goes as the Fastag has been approved. I will let their default process run it's course rather than interrupting it in between and ending up in a bigger mess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks