Team-BHP > Street Experiences

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 19 7.48%
Axis Bank 7 2.76%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.76%
HDFC Bank 48 18.90%
ICICI Bank 124 48.82%
IDBI Bank 3 1.18%
IDFC Bank 34 13.39%
Induslnd bank 3 1.18%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 7 2.76%
State Bank of India 8 3.15%
Yes Bank 1 0.39%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 5.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2021, 17:12   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Thing is I either never receive the OTPs or get them next day ! So I do not trust the mobile based logins.
I see. You can also use their app "eToll by icici" which can work on pin basis so no need for OTP or password. Please ignore if you are already aware
Old 21st October 2021, 19:18   #167
BHPian

Had paytm for my previous car. The tag had a mind of its own. Worked randomly though it was active in the app, use to show as blacklisted in the toll. After paying double toll couple of times, I had to literally fight with paytm guys to replace the tag with new one. New one worked fine but i didn't want to go with paytm again when we changed the car.

Currently using HDFC. Booked it online and got the fasttag delivered to my home within 3 days. Get almost realtime sms about the usage.
However, it's not integrated with the hdfc netbanking or the mobile app. But its not a problem since all my recharges happen via phonepe and get sms from hdfc on the usage.
Poornavakra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 11:39   #168

I have been using ICICI fastag for quite a few years on both my cars. I never had any issues with tag at any toll plaza. Just had one instance of being charged twice & the same was raised on their portal which they refunded in 2 days.Never used their app but they do have a user friendly portal. Fast tag prefers to be bank neutral & hence its not integrated with netbanking of any banks. You can recharge from any bank or set up auto recharge from your account with your own limit.
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:00   #169
Senior - BHPian

I chose paytm because the toll charges will be deducted from the paytm wallet itself, and there would be no need to maintain another wallet. I already had a paytm account for several years.
So far it has not given any reasons to complain, it works flawlessly.
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:06   #170
Senior - BHPian

What is a fast tag, what is toll????
I have saved thousands, since last one year. Driving straight through toll boths, feels so nice.
On a Serious note, I have been using Airtel tags in the past, and they have always worked nice and proper for me.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 10:09   #171
BHPian

Sorry, I did not realize that we had a thread for preferred Fastag provider.

Have been using PayTM Fastag for sometime now. It's quite a good one and have had no issues so far.

Advantage of PayTM compared to others is that you just re-charge your PayTM wallet and the money from the PayTM wallet is used for Fastag as well.

I earlier had ICICI Fastag but I de-activated it and switched over to PayTM due to the wallet advantage as the money in the wallet can be used for other stuff as well such as shopping and other payments.

I think PayTM also offers an option to transfer the Fastag account to other mobile number if I am not wrong. I think this is an added advantage.
searacer932 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 21:10   #172
BHPian

Paytm it is for me for all our rides - super easy to install & activate, great tech support and smooth functionality. All tags are linked to one (my) Paytm wallet. The interface is simple and user friendly. Above all the time lag is (mostly) minimal and boom barriers activate almost instantly on approaching the toll gate. Great experience so far!
Sidjohri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 22:58   #173
BHPian

Another happy PayTM FasTag user. I am having it for few years in my i10 and there are no issues encountered till now. Since I got my new car, I specifically got PayTM tag post registration since it is easy to maintain both the tags in single wallet. And the money in the wallet can be used for other purposes also.

I got PayTM FasTag for my in laws car also and again no issues faced by them.
thanixravindran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 13:20   #174

Got a PayTM fast tag from a road side booth on NH 44 during a road trip in 2019. Purchase was completed within 5-10 mins and tag pasted on wind shield. Chose PayTM as I have been using their wallet for few years now. As many have mentioned before, this means no need to maintain one more separate wallet.

Usage experience has been flawless so far. No trouble with tag reading, no double billing issue etc. On two occasions, when I had low balance in PayTM wallet (not enough to cover toll amount, I found it out after I saw a message from PayTM that the tag was blacklisted) I was still able to pass through the toll gate. Within 5-10 mins, I got a message saying tag is blacklisted. On opening PayTM app, I saw the wallet balance is low and topped it up. Necessary toll amount was then debited and tag reverted to active status.

Adwait
Mika fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 15:08   #175
bht
BHPian

Paytm fastTag for me as well. fast tag linked to paytm wallet is a bonus and maintaining it is quite easy, need not have another dedicated account/wallet for fasttag.
bht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 21:51   #176
BHPian

IHMCL and Amazon Pay Icici also need to be added here/to the poll.
Old 19th June 2022, 09:03   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika fan View Post
On two occasions, when I had low balance in PayTM wallet (not enough to cover toll amount, I found it out after I saw a message from PayTM that the tag was blacklisted) I was still able to pass through the toll gate. Within 5-10 mins, I got a message saying tag is blacklisted. On opening PayTM app, I saw the wallet balance is low and topped it up. Necessary toll amount was then debited and tag reverted to active status.

Adwait
While this may be good, the fact is that once you are low on 150, your tag is blacklisted and the remaining balance cannot be used. PayTM has this money available for their disposal all the time. I am not sure if this limit has recently increased, but with a balance of 296, my tag was blacklisted recently.

Does anyone know if the minimum balance has changed to 300? (I have only one tag.)
Old 19th June 2022, 09:26   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
While this may be good, the fact is that once you are low on 150, your tag is blacklisted and the remaining balance cannot be used. PayTM has this money available for their disposal all the time. I am not sure if this limit has recently increased, but with a balance of 296, my tag was blacklisted recently.

Does anyone know if the minimum balance has changed to 300? (I have only one tag.)
I have activated paytm postpaid and switched fastag payments to postpaid. I don't need to check my wallet balance before the journey anymore, just pay up once the bill is generated.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 12:57   #179
Senior - BHPian

Happy Icici fastag customer from buying new one to deactivation due to sale of car to buying new again for new car. Very seamless, online process and good customer support for any queries. If someone has icici savings account, then auto top up can be set up whenever balance is below certain limit. No worry of tracking and recharge. Even recommended to my friends and family.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th June 2022 at 13:02.
Old 19th June 2022, 15:48   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I have activated paytm postpaid and switched fastag payments to postpaid. I don't need to check my wallet balance before the journey anymore, just pay up once the bill is generated.
Just FYI:
BHPian varkey describes his bad experience with Paytm postpaid and Fastag in another thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post5267202 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed