Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.04%
Axis Bank 7 2.46%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 19.01%
ICICI Bank 134 47.18%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.73%
Induslnd bank 3 1.06%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.52%
State Bank of India 10 3.52%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2020, 11:28   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
because very few people would have a chance to use multiple Fastags from multiple providers.
In that case, please leave a review of your FASTag provider. We've had lots of requests from members asking for this thread.

Let's not take it anymore off-topic now. Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 11:50   #17
BHPian

Voted for others, surprised that Airtel is not part of the list.

Tried with ICICI they did not get back to me.

HDFC, well no clarity in terms of what is happening with my request, placed an request for the tag in Oct '19 and still nothing.

Airtel, placed a request for tag in Jan '20 clear transparent process, got the tag in a week's time and via the app I was able to track the process.
Old 25th February 2020, 12:08   #18
Team-BHP Support

I have the ICICI Fastag on my car.

Everything: from buying to using to recharging the tag has been a breeze. Two sour points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Messaging experience: (7/10)
I get immediate SMS at few booths whereas at other few booths, it takes 4-5 hours. But, have not missed any messages so far. I am yet to see the 2% discount getting credited to my account yet. Not sure when and how this will get credited. So, cannot rate this.
Same here. I often get messages about the deduct several hours; at times, I don't get them at all.

Secondly, I haven't got any cashback yet. I've raised multiple tickets with ICICI, each time I get told that I will get the cashback once the Govt. credits it to them.

I applied for a Paytm Fastag - for perceived ease of use since it uses the main wallet for transactions, reducing the need to maintain one just for Fastag - however, I never received the tag. Multiple follow-ups and escalations resulted in nothing and eventually the request was auto-cancelled.
Old 25th February 2020, 12:10   #19
BHPian

I had ordered from Axis bank which got delivered at my doorstep on tenth day (they had committed 7 business days and fulfilled it)

Their website font is small and is best used on big screens.
Sometimes the link doesn't work and interface is terribly slow.
I managed to login into customer portal (after multiple attempts) and my first payment to load the money went though the UPI but failed with Axis.
Edit: After reaching out to customer care, they have promised to reflect the amount in 2 hours. I am okay for now as I am not travelling but it's going to be inconvenient if we are looking for quick recharge option.

Then I tried using another step mentioned to load the money directly
as entering the UPI Id with car's number.

netc.<REGN_NUM_VEHICLE(10_DIGITS)>@axisbank

However, This id was not found for my car.

I had paid Rs. 200/- for tag.
I am okay getting another one and have subscribed to this thread.

Last edited by procrastinator : 25th February 2020 at 12:23. Reason: More information added on failed payment
Old 25th February 2020, 12:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have IDFC and Paytm.

For IDFC some years ago, I had to visit an office. After giving my KYC documents, I had to go back after some weeks to collect it. Well, it was that way then. It was easy to load money through their onsite portal. Sometimes if I don't log in to their portal within a few days, my user id used to get locked, and I had to call the customer care to enable it again. It was easy, but it was a pain. The promised discounts like 10% of toll amounts etc, came in time to the account.

One fine day my IDFC tag was changed to another car, and all my balance started getting used up. I tried to complain online, send a few emails, and even visited the place I got the tag. But I was not given any convincing replies and it was like a black box interacting with IDFC outlets/customer care. I was then helped by a teambhpian to sort the issues out. I was sent a new tag, with my balances intact .

But keeping a look at how much is remaining and having no possibility of an easy transfer of the unused money back was a major draw for me.

PayTm, tag was ordered online. It got cancelled multiple times . Finally on the fifth attempt I was issued one. Its easy to load money and take back the unused money. But if you are waiting for the discounts like 10% etc to get back to your account, please forget it. PayTM never gave any convincing replies to why the amounts were not credited on time or why it less whenever it came!!

PayTM was easy, so I go with it. Well it also helps me in long drives with friends, if we think tag amount is low, my friends just do me a paytm payment, and voila the same is available for my tolls.

Forget about SMS, they almost always come too late on both tags

Last edited by laluks : 25th February 2020 at 12:45.
Old 25th February 2020, 12:43   #21
BHPian

Voted for Paytm.
Have used ICICI, South Indian bank and HDFC fastags (they came with the vehicles). I had no issues with them but still changed them all to Paytm so all my vehicles and parent's vehicles can stay under a single App and a single wallet.

I've three supply vehicles which frequent a single toll. Keeping track of them is much easier with Paytm because I can just print out a monthly statement and keep tabs. The cashback and offer amounts are promptly deposited to the wallet itself. I don't think they give the promised percentage of cashback but hey, you gain some you lose some. I gained ease of use and lose out to a little cashback but it's fine. Also as many people mentioned, I was uncomfortable with paying tolls with tags linked to a bank account, as it is susceptible to fraud. With Paytm I can just fill the wallet with a prescribed amount and be tension free, because even if someone is taking my money, all they can do is to swindle the measly sum in my wallet. Sms comes to you almost an hour later after you've crossed the toll plaza.
Bought all the Fastags through the Paytm app. Relatively simple process. Each Fastag costed 500/-. But it took 7-10 days to deliver. It's fine for new vehicles which already had Fastags, but for others it was quite a drag.

Last edited by kraken : 25th February 2020 at 12:49. Reason: Formatting
Old 25th February 2020, 13:09   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been using PayTM FasTag for over 2 years. The purchase experience was good as it was all done online. I have not faced any issue with respect to it being not read except when the toll plaza on my most frequently used route had stopped FasTag for about 2 months last year. I did a Gurgaon trip and except on Agra ring road and Yamuna Expressway, it was read everywhere along the 1100kms route. Some people I know of have not had good experience with PayTM. Recently, on a trip, money was deducted twice while returning, one for the return trip (Rs.25/-) and one for fresh onward trip (Rs.55/-). I raised a complaint and after 2 weeks, money was refunded to my PayTM wallet. Although it's been flawless as yet, given a chance or maybe for another vehicle, I'll prefer some other one. Why? Because to resolve your complaint, its a challenge as IVRS doesn't exactly take you to a customer care executive.
Old 25th February 2020, 13:10   #23
BHPian

I have voted for ICICI. Everything is so seamless and fluid i.e. from recharging (using the beautiful web ICICI GUI) to customer complaints. I am very satisfied. The only gripe is that each time I have to transfer balance from CUG to tag account. This is very useful if you have multiple tags but for a customer who uses a single tag, it an additional process.
Old 25th February 2020, 14:09   #24
Team-BHP Support

I've bought a card each from Airtel and ICICI.

ICICI was bought sometime in Sep-Oct by paying Rs 450 (approx) and getting Rs 200 credited in the wallet. Airtel was effectively free (Rs 150 paid and Rs 150 credited to the wallet) and was bought last week

The buying process was quite smooth for ICICI (online purchase) and Airtel (offline through a stall in office) both.

I haven't had the chance to use either so cannot comment on the usage experience yet.

Last edited by Eddy : 25th February 2020 at 14:10.
Old 25th February 2020, 14:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Being the first person to get FASTag in Bangalore way back in mid 2015, ever since my experience with ICICI FASTag is awesome and no complaints at all till date. I really like their web portal with all details and easy to use interface. And easy way to find the balance with a missed call is very customer friendly

-Ravi
Old 25th February 2020, 14:43   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the many early adapters here, ICICI was the de facto choice then. No complaints after nearly 3 years of usage that makes me switch to another one.

Recharging was time consuming process earlier due to the fact that you had to logon to their portal. Not anymore after UPI option was made available and it is a matter of seconds to transact and the balance reflects almost instantly.

I had to reach their customer care twice. Once for a failed transaction due to bad data network and second time for double debit for a return journey. While the first issue was handled with lot of time, the second one was handled within expected timelines.

One thing for sure. The customer care of each of the tag issuers is same. They are then worst quality helpdesk you can expect.

As far as the usage, absolutely no issues till now.

Last edited by paragsachania : 25th February 2020 at 14:48.
Old 25th February 2020, 18:06   #27
BHPian

Have been using HDFC fastag since December-2019. Ordered through my net banking and was delivered in 6 days. Haven't faced any issues in my limited usage of 5 to 6 times till now.

Would have loved to have an app like paytm users have, to recharge, statement, raise dispute etc. UPI top up has atleast made recharging simpler but for any other support, website log-in is required.
Old 25th February 2020, 18:41   #28
BHPian

Voted for ICICI. Applied through the iMobile App. The only information I had to give is the type/class of the vehicle and its Registration No. Got the tag delivered in 5 days flat. Used it for couple of trips and got the SMS in less than 10 minutes.
Overall experience, will rate it at 10/10.
Old 25th February 2020, 21:41   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Was an early Fastag adopter and went with Paytm at that time. Overall has been a good experience and have never faced an issue. The easy of uploading money and managing it is the biggest plus point. Reports on usage are also pretty useful.

Have not used any other tags hence no comparisons.
Old 25th February 2020, 22:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

My wife got a PayTM Fastag and haven't faced any issues. Recharging was fairly simple (only done once so far), albeit fixed amounts can be credited rather than amount of your choice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks