Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2024, 14:04   #511
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Usually, there will be 2 to 3 bank rep will be present; I saw agents from ICICI, Airtel, and HDFC.

It will take 10 minutes for process, and it will be activated within another 5 minutes. I bought Airtel, and it was activated within 5 minutes.
I have a fastag that was activated on my car a while back by a family member but now we can't remember which bank was it or where is it placed ( was never installed). I am unable to get a new one without deactivating this one, so would the toll guys be able to deactivate the old one and activate the new one on the spot?
Old 13th April 2024, 14:10   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I have a fastag that was activated on my car a while back by a family member but now we can't remember which bank was it or where is it placed ( was never installed). I am unable to get a new one without deactivating this one, so would the toll guys be able to deactivate the old one and activate the new one on the spot?
I don't think it would be a problem with the toll booth operators; they can simply activate it. I had an active Paytm tag, but when I purchased Airtel, it got activated instantly, and then I requested closure for paytm. Everything went smoothly. Ask them which route to take to avoid this kind of issue. ICICI might detect another active tag, but some tag vendors, such as Airtel, might not. So, do check with them about it.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 15:44   #513
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a fastag that was activated on my car a while back by a family member but now we can't remember which bank was it or where is it placed ( was never installed)...
Check here. It'll show you tag provider & tag ID (partially hidden), which should be enough for you to request closure claiming 'lost tag'.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th April 2024 at 15:45.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 02:41   #514
BHPian

Quote:
You can easily order a new FASTag even if your current one is still active. Once the new FASTag is activated, the previous one is automatically deactivated. Afterward, you can request a refund of the security deposit and close the old FASTag account. You can find information about your bank through the link shared by Chetan Rao in the previous post.

Last edited by bravo82in : 14th April 2024 at 02:44.
bravo82in is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 12:31   #515
BHPian

I deactivated my Paytm Fastag. Phonepe has an option to buy Fastag from ICICI. Does this require a bank account with ICICI?

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 14th April 2024 at 12:35.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 12:35   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
I deactivated by Paytm Fastag. Phonepe has an option to buy Fastag from ICICI. Does this require a bank account with ICICI?
No, a bank account has nothing to do with a Fastag account. You can purchase any bank's Fastag without having an account with them.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 17:19   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
The only way i could get past is to get a tag from a booth outside the toll gates who knew the system enough to bypass the checks. I would suggest you do the same and see. Once i got the new tag, everything else got inactive and now my tag is the only one active.
I went to a toll booth today and was able to get a new HDFC Fastag. Thanks for the suggestion deep_bang.

The agent used PayTM app on his phone to raise a request for the HDFC Fastag. I now think retrospectively I could have tried it myself once. But nevertheless I now have an active and working tag. Total charges ₹250 (₹100 security deposit, ₹100 issuance fee, ₹50 got added to wallet). I was able to recharge the Fastag using Google Pay UPI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
In phonepe app, goto fastag recharge and select SBI as the issuing bank and enter the car number, it will show the current balance of this fastag. If the amount of negative balance is small, just recharge it to remove the blacklist. This may be easier than running around dealer and previous owner.
This option had not worked when I tried with Google Pay UPI. It showed incorrect data as the issue. And even if I would have been able to remove the car from blacklist, it would have still been difficult to close that SBI tag since I dont have the account details.

Quote:
When you got the new fastag, was it instantly activated? Also how long did it take the booth fastag guys to complete the process?
Took 5-10 mins for the agent to complete the process and the tag was activated in 10 mins after completing the purchase transaction.

Now getting the Fastag was the easy part. Getting support for transaction is something else. I did not expect the first transaction to be an issue.

After activation, the first deduction seems to be some error since the amount and the toll name was incorrect. Got an sms while I was driving back long after I crossed the toll. The amount deducted showed as ₹125 but I had paid cash toll of ₹70 (₹35 toll amount and ₹35 no Fastag penalty). So if Fastag would have gotten activated by the time I crossed the toll it should have been just ₹35. And the name of the toll in the message was Kasepalli while the toll I had crossed was Attibele on the Bangalore-Hosur road. Kasipalli in google maps search shows up somewhere on the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway, some 280 Kms away from Attibele where I was.

After reaching home decided to reach out to the support for a resolution. I had received the Fastag activation confirmation sms with a link to a PDF receipt which had the wallet ID and other details along with the support number and email. Toll free number did not work so I emailed them the details of the transaction error and they immediately replied asking to raise a service request in the HDFC Fastag portal. The email support seems to be running Freshdesk ticketing system and hence they were quite prompt to reply. The HDFC Fastag portal though is difficult to get into. The option to login using OTP is a game of fastest fingers first. It gives 30 seconds to enter the OTP after you click send OTP. So after fumbling a few times to enter OTP within 30 secs I finally was logged in. But as it would be expected the service request form is a set of preset options and selections that are not helpful. I am supposed to select the transaction I have an issue with but it doesn't show up in the list. The disputed transaction shows up in wallet transaction history but not on the service request selection option. So I am stuck for now. Will check again in a day to see if it starts to show.

Hoping I don't have to raise disputed transactions for the next uasge else I will have to look for another bank provider in future. NETC should make their own Fastag management digital infra as well and then give it on rent to the banks who seem to be least worried about having a bare minimum working solution.
sumazure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 23:09   #518
BHPian

Is it allowed to not stick new fastag on the windscreen and just keep it in the glovebox and show it to the reader while crossing toll gates?

I have to get my old paytm fastag removed tomorrow and don't want to go again with sticking a new tag on the windscreen again.

Need to do this for 2 cars.
Old 15th April 2024, 00:43   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarhot View Post
Is it allowed to not stick new fastag on the windscreen and just keep it in the glovebox and show it to the reader while crossing toll gates?
Yes, it can be done. You can either paste it on an acrylic sheet or buy something like this. (no personal buying experience)

Here’s mine pasted on an acrylic sheet.
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-cc3078ba08474b8ea85aa52945401a1a.jpeg

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-cd19c8f82c3d4a29aa141f3058a36031.jpeg
ex-innova-guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 19:29   #520
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarhot View Post

I have to get my old paytm fastag removed tomorrow and don't want to go again with sticking a new tag on the windscreen again.

Need to do this for 2 cars.
Once bitten, twice shy, isn't it?

It is allowed as this is how I managing for more than a month in my car till I removed the glue from the PayTM Fastag using WD 40. If you are using external car wash, just ensure they don't throw it away during interior cleaning

And in my other car, one day I forgot the Fastag at home and even convinced the toll operator to enter the vehicle number manually and deduct the toll instead of paying the penalty of double charge
thanixravindran is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 20:45   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
one day I forgot the Fastag at home and even convinced the toll operator to enter the vehicle number manually and deduct the toll instead of paying the penalty of double charge
Cool, this is something I am hearing for the first time. I didn't know it could be done like this. Thanks for sharing, man.
raptor_diwan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 17:38   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Cool, this is something I am hearing for the first time. I didn't know it could be done like this.
I experienced this firsthand today; had forgotten my Fastag and was let through by entering my vehicle registration number.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 16:41   #523
BHPian

I had PayTM Fastags on both cars at my home, while on a road trip, the balance finished in my Paytm wallet and the tags got blacklisted. I got a HDFC fastag for one car at the next Toll, quick and easy activation, I can reload it via credit card using the Payzapp app as well. Though I am not sure if there is an app to track the transactions but the SMS are prompt and can be easily managed.

For the second car, I took the Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag. It was delivered within 3-4 days and I have used it 3-4 times for toll, parking etc. it works absolutely fine and money is deducted from Amazon Pay wallet. No problems so far.

Also, I closed both PayTM Fastags and the security was deposited in my Wallet within a week.

Last edited by Shitij : 18th April 2024 at 16:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks