Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 6.92%
Axis Bank 8 2.77%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.42%
HDFC Bank 56 19.38%
ICICI Bank 134 46.37%
IDBI Bank 7 2.42%
IDFC Bank 39 13.49%
Induslnd bank 3 1.04%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.46%
State Bank of India 11 3.81%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 14 4.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2024, 18:53   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Voted for ICICI

I got my first ICICI fastag in 2016 and ever since I was keen to not change something which was working fine. When i changed cars, I had to really hold my ground to not take the dealer issued (non ICICI fastag) and apply for a new ICICI fastag myself, while coordinating with the dealer for rto registration (a picture of my fastag in hand did the trick)

I have a dim view of Equitas and IDFC (both from first hand experiences in the family)

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 23rd February 2024 at 18:54.
Old 23rd February 2024, 19:03   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
There is an App bu ICICI, eToll which helps you track, so fingers crossed.
If you are existing ICICI Account holder or Credit card user, then you can use ICICI's iMobile Pay App as well. I didn't opt for Auto Top up, knowing the issues with double deduction / wrongful deduction, following up for reversal.

Attaching the screenshots for reference

Name:  Screenshot 20240223 at 6.57.518239PM.png
Views: 437
Size:  358.8 KB
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot-20240223-6.57.038239pm.png
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 19:16   #378

I am using kotak fast tags for all my 3 cars and common wallet balance is used so that saves a lot of hassle. Also not sure if many would know but with Cred App it's very easy to recharge or check balance of your fast tags. Just add vehicle number and it will allow you option to check balance and do recharge as well through UPI or card payment.
Old 23rd February 2024, 20:08   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Yes, you can go ahead and purchase a new one. No need to wait until it gets closed.
I tried to create a new FASTag from HDFC Bank as my savings account is with them but after paying the necessary amount (250/-) the transaction fails and I get a message "Your wallet creation request was not successful. Any amount deducted shall be refunded in 2 to 3 working days".
What could be the reason ? Could it be that the car is on my wife's name ?
Old 23rd February 2024, 20:11   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtg1 View Post
I am using kotak fast tags for all my 3 cars and common wallet balance is used so that saves a lot of hassle
Can you elaborate on the Wallet part please, do we have to manually move/recharge the wallet from Kotak savings account ?

Or everything is under the common CRN and tags automatically deduct the amount from our savings account ?
Old 23rd February 2024, 20:13   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I tried to create a new FASTag from HDFC Bank as my savings account is with them but after paying the necessary amount (250/-) the transaction fails and I get a message "Your wallet creation request was not successful. Any amount deducted shall be refunded in 2 to 3 working days".
What could be the reason ? Could it be that the car is on my wife's name ?
Definitely not. In fact, you don't even need a savings account in the bank to get a Fastag; there is no link, tbh. It must be some other issue. Try again if you are okay with it; if not, check once with HDFC Fastag support.

I would suggest that if any of your friends are traveling on a highway, ask them to get a Fastag from the toll booth Fastag vendors. It activates instantly, just photo of the RC is enough and KYC too which they will do instantly.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 20:22   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Can you elaborate on the Wallet part please, do we have to manually move/recharge the wallet from Kotak savings account ?

Or everything is under the common CRN and tags automatically deduct the amount from our savings account ?

You have to recharge it manually but if you have kotak app it's only 4 clicks max. Click on fast tags>recharge>amount>account that's it. You can check all fast tags transactions including debits through that as well. I believe amount directly debiting from savings account is quite dangerous to my liking so happy with how this flows. To add new tag is also pretty straight forward and takes 3 days max to deliver at my door step.
ghtg1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 20:26   #383
Senior - BHPian

Had Paytm, was a delight to use as it was linked to the wallet and having just one app for wallet, fastag and UPI was ideal.

Closed the Paytm Fastag, I ordered one from Airtel as it seems to be the only one linked to a wallet like Paytm and since I was an occasional Airtel wallet and UPI user already.

I've heard stories about Airtel's customer service issues of late, raising some concerns but will see if I need to use that. Anyways I prefer talking to a human face to face in their customer service center rather than navigating through pesky AI or irritating IVRS both of which give standard answers and are designed to keep me away from a human brain as much as possible

Last edited by shancz : 23rd February 2024 at 20:27. Reason: Typos
Old 23rd February 2024, 20:42   #384
BHPian

I recently changed all the cars to Axis Bank Fastag. The main reason was that I had three tags from three different providers (ICICI, IDBI and Paytm) and it was a pain to keep a track of all the balances.

I was looking for a Fastag where I can have the recharge done automatically without ever having to think about it for all of the cars. As we have a banking relationship with Axis Bank, we were able to get the Fastags within 24 hours and have it linked to the bank account seamlessly.During a recent road trip, the system was tested and worked as intended. I set the low balance threshold to Rs.500 and recharge of Rs.5000. So, when the balance goes below Rs.500, the Fastag is automatically recharged with Rs.5000.

I believe a lot of banks have an auto-recharge setup but I found Axis banks setup process easy to understand and it actually worked for me. I tried doing this earlier with my ICICI Fastag, but it never worked for me. I am extremely happy with this setup. I can pretty much forget about the Fasttag's now.
thesidmania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 21:18   #385
BHPian

I experimented with an Airtel Fastag for one of my vehicles. While Airtel's customer care service leaves much to be desired, the Fastag itself is impressively detected from a distance without any hassle. In contrast, with my previous HDFC and Paytm Fastags, there were occasional delays in detection, requiring toll operators to resort to handheld scanners to detect the Fastag.

I'm still uncertain which Fastag provider to switch to from Paytm for my other vehicles. ICICI appears to be the preferred choice among many. I'm curious, does the funds allocated to ICICI Fastag remain restricted for toll payments, or can they be utilized for other expenses like grocery shopping?
Old 23rd February 2024, 23:13   #386
RRM
BHPian

ICICI FASTag

I am using FASTag from 2017 onwards from ICICI. Never had any issues thus far and is working flawlessly. Have been recharging via PhonePe or the website and without any issues
RRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 00:37   #387
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
+1 for this, Have Equitas for all 3 cars and its very easy to manage. I usually keep money only in the Equitas wallet and minimum balance ~100Rs in each tag. Based on which car I take for the day where I need to pass through tolls or some mall parking, I move the funds to that tag and then move back to wallet at the end of the day.

The App is also very good and never faced an issue so far.

The only issue I faced is i cannot log in from outside of India, either on their app or their website. It’s an IP address issue. I think.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 02:21   #388
BHPian

Voted for others.

My Nexon came with a Bank Of Baroda Fastag. Initially, I thought it was a pain recharging it by going to the bank website and logging in. But now you can just enter your car details in PayTM and do a top up. Easy peasy! No instances of false charging and I even missed recharging it a few times on long trips so they allowed a negative balance before gently reminding me to add some money.

Haven’t had any issues with the BoB Fastag and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it right?
Zignor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 10:03   #389
BHPian

I used Airtel Payments Bank for all 3 cars and it has been absolutely accurate so far. The fast tag is dispatched and received in less than 1 week. There is no seperate wallet for Fasttag balance but the money is deducted from a general pool from where I also pay my Airtel bills.
Old 24th February 2024, 12:10   #390
BHPian

If I'm not mistaken, all Fastags can now be recharged via any UPI app. All you need to do is enter your vehicle number. Saves the hassle of logging into the particular bank website/app etc and then recharging. Been using Google Pay/BHIM to recharge my ICICI Fastag since months now without any hiccups. I have no banking relationship with ICICI except the Fastag, which was procured directly from their website. Personally didn't want to link the Fastag to any account; you never know what gets hacked these days; best to recharge as and when needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks