Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2024, 11:58   #301
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
So, when I cancelled my Paytm Fastag, I didn't even consider Airtel. I'm now inclined to even close my Airtel Payments Bank account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Let's see how the Fastag journey goes as the Fastag has been approved. I will let their default process run its course rather than interrupting it in between and ending up in a bigger mess.
I am exemption from toll payments, which prompted me to select Airtel Fastag due to its integration with the Airtel wallet or bank. This feature enables me to maintain a zero balance in my wallet, allowing me to pass through toll plazas without any deductions. Moreover, when my family members utilize my vehicle, I can effortlessly add balance to the wallet for their use. Essentially, I can add and withdraw balance from Fastag linked wallet/ Bank at my use and comfort.

Another, dubious tactic employed by Airtel is coercing users to permit app notifications under the guise of transaction updates (which are indeed essential). Unfortunately, I now receive one or two transaction notification amidst a barrage of promotional notifications.

Off Topic, but experiences with other Airtel products have been consistently disappointing.

During my stint in Jammu & Kashmir, the Airtel network was the only option available. After that tenure, attempts to port (from Airtel) to another network inevitably results in the failure of SMS to 1900, necessitating recourse to customer care, who invariably direct users to Airtel stores for resolution.

I initially availed of their DTH service but swiftly migrated to Tata Play at the earliest opportunity. Regrettably, even after five years, my DTH account remains tethered to my primary number, with no apparent means of closure.

My encounters with Airtel's customer care are reminiscent of encounters with unskilled laborers recruited from a roadside labour market (labour Chowk) , exhibiting a dearth of knowledge and training beyond repetitive apologies.
As a child, I recall my mother's anecdotes about local dacoits and robbers.

Remarkably, three decades later, it seems these bandits have evolved into a formidable institution—Airtel—engaging in legalized daytime robbery

Last edited by bravo82in : 11th February 2024 at 12:00. Reason: Typo
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 13:08   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
My recent encounter with Airtel wallet, payment bank account, and Airtel Fastag has been utterly abysmal.
Airtel experience has always been abysmal. I never tried Airtel Fastag but some 6-7 years ago I used airtel payment bank to pay Airtel broadband bill. They deducted amount from payment bank account but never loaded in the broadband account. Took me 2 months, a bank statement and numerous calls/ emails to refund my money. I vowed never to use Airtel payment options.
Ltinsane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 14:37   #303
BHPian

I am also waiting for the next steps from Paytm regarding the transition from PPBS to another bank. The reason for not switching is that it is very convenient to use Paytm Fastag, and that is the reason for its popularity. Secondly I also believer personally that Paytm is too big to fail at this time with crores of subscribers. In an election year, Gov will not want to cause massive inconvenience to a lot of people, else it will remind people of the Demonetization time.
I am also adopting the strategy of loading my wallet before 29 Feb so I can carry on for a little longer till a solution is found. Switching to another Fastag operator has its own switching costs, so I will resort to this only after all other options have been exhausted
Motorhead007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 14:19   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I have explored all sections of the PayTM app and even checked the help section. There is no option of canceling FasTag.
I've noticed that many users are facing challenges in finding the option to close their FastTag through the mobile app.

1. Open Paytm App and navigate to " Manage Fasttag"

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-1001.jpeg

2. Scroll down and select "Need help with non-order related queries?" at the bottom.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-1002.jpeg

3. Among the default queries, choose the last one: "Queries related to updating Fasttag Profile."

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-1003.jpeg

4. Look for the "I want to close Fasttag" option.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-1004.jpeg

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-1005.jpeg

5. Select the vehicle number associated with the Fasttag you want to close. The closure process will initiate instantly, and you will receive an SMS with refund details and closure confirmation. Optionally, you can upload a Fasttag picture or choose to do it later.
raptor_diwan is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 18:58   #305
Senior - BHPian

Received the Airtel Fastag today(ordered and dispatched on 6th Feb). The status showed as delivered on the Airtel Thanks app and had a greyed out button to activate it. On pressing it asks whether the Fastag was affixed on the mentioned vehicle following the proper process, checked that and it was activated.
It links to the Airtel Wallet in the same way as Paytm Fastag did. Rs.150 is blocked for the Fastag and the deductions will happen from the wallet.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 20:01   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
It links to the Airtel Wallet in the same way as Paytm Fastag did. Rs.150 is blocked for the Fastag and the deductions will happen from the wallet.
Assuming that you paid Rs.250 - out of which Rs 100 charged for the Tag and Rs.150 set as Reserved Balance with 'No Security Deposit' - Is that right ?
Old 13th February 2024, 21:04   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
Assuming that you paid Rs.250 - out of which Rs 100 charged for the Tag and Rs.150 set as Reserved Balance with 'No Security Deposit' - Is that right ?
Yes, that's the exact breakup. IIRC it was the same for Paytm not sure if they charged 100 for the tag or more but anyway that's history now.

That 150 reserve will be used when you have insufficient balance in the main wallet and any further transactions might result in blacklisting based on charges incurred.

Last edited by shancz : 13th February 2024 at 21:07. Reason: Added res usage
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 13:28   #308

I loved PayTm fast tag services. Twice I was overcharged at various toll booths in Delhi-NCR. In both the cases, they refunded the amount after due verification. I just had to go through the automated menu options.

Is there any app or bank similar to Paytm that can help in toll refunds if charged wrongly?
Old 15th February 2024, 14:01   #309

I am a Amazon Prime user but unable to locate any link on my iOS app to apply for a new Amazon ICIC fast tag. I do see the option for fast tag recharge but no option for applying a new tag.

Quote:
I just started using ICICI FASTag ( bought through Amazon Pay). Amazon pay shows an option to Manage Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag > Manage - that is the only link and this takes to the dedicated ICICI FASTag portal. Amazon Pay wallet is not linked to ICICI FASTag.
ICICI creates a separate wallet for each customer ID, where you can add money to the Wallet or the specific Tag by recharging and Auto reload (by Standard Instruction /Emandate) using any instrument ( UPI, Bank AC, Debit / Credit cards).
I also prefer manual reload, currently using UPI and ICICI Portal and didn't opt for auto reload through SI.

One another thing which noted with the 'FASTag recharge' option under the 'Bills & recharges' available in the UPI Apps ( Google Pay / CRED) for the ICICI FASTag, there is a minimum recharge of Rs.500; While I was able to recharge for Rs.100 through ICICI portal and Rs.1 using the UPI id netc.<vehicle number>@icici. Hope this helps.
Old 15th February 2024, 14:27   #310
BHPian

I have a doubt for those using Airtel tags, please suggest. In Paytm, I manage three FASTags for different cars under a single wallet account. I don't need to recharge separately for each car; I simply load the amount in the wallet, and it's used for all three cars. Will Airtel Payment Bank work in the same way? Can I use three FASTags from Airtel, and if I load money into Airtel wallet or payment bank, is that sufficient for all three FASTags if it is under same mobile number ?
Old 15th February 2024, 15:27   #311
BHPian

Quote:
I just started using ICICI FASTag ( bought through Amazon Pay).
One Question, How many days did Amazon/ICICI take to deliver FasTag once you ordered? Did ICICI bank directly send or Amazon handles the delivery part? I have placed order, customer ID is created but no update about dispatch.
Old 15th February 2024, 15:42   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurj View Post
I am a Amazon Prime user but unable to locate any link on my iOS app to apply for a new Amazon ICIC fast tag. I do see the option for fast tag recharge but no option for applying a new tag.
You can use this link on a PC/laptop.

https://www.amazon.in/hfc/fastag?ref...FastagPurchase
mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 17:31   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
One Question, How many days did Amazon/ICICI take to deliver FasTag once you ordered? Did ICICI bank directly send or Amazon handles the delivery part? I have placed order, customer ID is created but no update about dispatch.
ICICI will dispatch the FASTag via Bluedart, you will get SMS updates within 1-2 days. Typically the FASTAG will get delivered within 1-2 days (based on your location) after dispatch.

Last edited by Ananthponraj : 15th February 2024 at 17:37. Reason: Added expected delivery days
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 17:34   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
I ordered Amazon pay ICICI fastag via Amazon website day before yesterday, on 13-feb. Tag dispatched yesterday from Hyderabad directly by ICICI Bank and received today in Bangalore.
Everlearner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 18:34   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone successfully closed their Paytm FASTag after Jan 31?.
Update :
Finally got the Paytm FASTag closed today morning. I got the refund Rs.400 (Rs.150+Rs.250) in the wallet immediately and I transferred the same to my bank account.
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks