Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2024, 10:08   #226
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

When I try to apply for ICICI Fastag and select manufacturer as 'Maruti Suzuki', I don't see the Dzire or SWIFT Dzire in the list of car models, but only SWIFT. Can I select SWIFT? Will it be a problem if the car model is incorrect in fastag details?
Old 1st February 2024, 10:57   #227
BHPian

Is this move somehow related to the GPS based toll charges? Given that Paytm is the largest in terms of fastag customer base, GPS adoption can see an instant growth?

So far, Paytm has been my goto vendor for fastags. Reading the reviews in this thread, I am planning to switch from Paytm to ICICI as even it provides auto reload feature.
Old 1st February 2024, 11:06   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
When I try to apply for ICICI Fastag and select manufacturer as 'Maruti Suzuki', I don't see the Dzire or SWIFT Dzire in the list of car models, but only SWIFT. Can I select SWIFT? Will it be a problem if the car model is incorrect in fastag details?
I don't think it will be a problem as long as the tag is of the correct category ie car/jeep.

Call the toll free number and clarify in case you want to be absolutely sure
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:19   #229
BHPian

Any members using Airtel FASTag ?.
Airtel seems to have Zero Security Deposit, while other providers have INR 200 as Security Deposit.
ICICI Amazon Pay FASTag seems to provide 1% Prime rewards (cashback) on the toll spends for the Amazon Prime members.
Also the ICICI Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag FAQ page mentions the below "To switch, as a first step, you need to surrender your current FASTag to your issuer. Once your FASTag account with your existing issuer is closed, you can supply your vehicle details and purchase Amazon Pay ICICI BANK FASTag." about switching existing FASTag to Amazon Pay ICICI BANK FASTag.
Old 1st February 2024, 12:48   #230
BHPian

Post the announcement of RBI taking action on Paytm, what is the future of Paytm fast tag?

Should we switch to some other provider or should we wait till end of Feb '24?

Vijay
Old 1st February 2024, 13:34   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Post the announcement of RBI taking action on Paytm, what is the future of Paytm fast tag?

Vijay
Paytm has issued 1 crore+ fastags - it is too big to simply pull the plug, And based on the recent announcement from the company - I think some alternate arrangements will be done and will not be let to go down the drain. I'm going to wait for some more time before deciding to switch..
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 13:55   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post

There is no right answer to this question. You have 2 options:
  1. Wait for this thing to resolve itself somehow - If they are going to shift this out to a different bank, it might be to HDFC. Paytm has been issuing Fastag's from HDFC since they were banned from taking new customers about a year ago. The RBI will also make the new bank and users to jump through hoops. Or RBI might given them another chance.

Except Paytm and ICICI, most of the other banks do not have a stellar reputation for solving improper deductions in Fastag.That make me wary of takeover even further.

Plus, the main reason I use Paytm was due to the wallet auto top-up. From the forum posts and some research, I see only ICICI have the option with a UPI mandate
  2. Switch over to another provider - I have been Paytm Fastag's since the very first Fastag's have been issued in 2015-16. I personally haven't face much problems as I rarely cross toll booths on a regular basis. However, based on the forum posts, we can see the good customer service circling the drain.
For me personally, this was the straw which broke the camel's back. I am already in the processing of shifting over over to Amazon/ICICI as they now offer the same amount of functionality and lesser of the 2 evils. The 1% cashback also helps to negate some of the improper transactions.
car_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 15:08   #233
BHPian

I have been using PayTm for my car for the past 3 years and am satisfied. Haven’t faced any issues at all and the wallet works flawlessly. An amount of 150 is reserved for the toll and there are options of automatically adding money to the balance, something which I haven’t activated.
No feedback on customer service as I haven’t had the need to contact them as I mentioned above there haven’t been any concerns (Touch wood!)
Old 1st February 2024, 15:30   #234
BANNED

After 6 long years, cancelled PayTM fastag. It was a incident free tenure, though my highway uses are comparatively low.

Still contemplating between Amazon/ICIC or Park+/IDFC. I have to decide soon as I don;t have a functioning fastag now.

Our other car has a IDFC tag though it was used only 2 times in last year. My highway uses are pretty low, I can sum up as average of 200 rs in a month in toll. So, I am not that worried about wrong charges as I generally have low balance in tag account.

All I need a smooth process and some additional benefit like parking payment, as I miss airport parking fee payment through PayTM tags.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 15:42   #235
BHPian

I currently have fastags from Axis, SBI, IDFC, ICICI and Paytm. I've not faced any major issues from any of the service providers, other than a few problems related to recharging my Axis and SBI fastags through their respective websites. Lately, I have faced no issues with any of the fastag recharges as I do that directly from PhonePe. Luckily faced no double deductions, but I was erroneously charged the full fare for a same-day roundtrip leg of my journey, and I couldn't get a resolution for that from Axis. Since it was a matter of ₹30, I didn't bother wasting my time over it. All the fastags have worked seamlessly in tolls, and I have nothing much to complain about.

All-in-all, just like the majority of the users, I think the Paytm Fastag was the best. I just love the app's UI and the fact that the fastag wallet was integrated with the regular wallet meant that I didn't have to maintain a separate balance dedicated towards toll payments. I think I will get the Airtel fastag as a replacement for the Paytm one now.
Old 1st February 2024, 16:05   #236
BHPian

I think I will wait and see Paytms response to the current statement. Depending on that will switch back to ICICI as it was second best to Paytms Fastag. Any better "seamless" options available?
Old 1st February 2024, 18:03   #237
Team-BHP Support

Came across this, I think, there is no need to panic as of now. You can recharge it through any UPI, just unsure of auto-debit in case balance goes low. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-2f38730c0a24415dac548f92cdd1c15a.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 19:18   #238
BHPian

With this news, I've decided to move away from Paytm entirely.

I already was managing my Father's old Alto K10 on HDFC fastag.

When I purchased my Nissan Magnite, I went with Paytm for the convenience just 9 months ago!

But with this news, I've decided to move away. I've just put the closure request and retrieved all the wallet balance to my personal bank account.

I've also applied with HDFC for another fastag. What I see is that the HDFC fastag wallet is going to stay the same between both vehicles but they will add the new vehicle to the wallet. And both vehicles will use the pooled wallet balance for fastag payments.

I could have waited to see how they handle it by 29th Feb, but on principle, I decided to disassociate myself from an organization that fails to comply with RBI regulations repeatedly (most of which were set for our own security).

There were allegations of it leaking data to its Chinese investors too. That was the last straw. I read enough and made up my mind to move away. I hope Paytm refunds my money of Rs. 150.
vamsi.vadrevu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 21:49   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
I read enough and made up my mind to move away. I hope Paytm refunds my money of Rs. 150.
You should be getting Rs 400 refunded (Threshold amount Rs.150 + Security Deposit Rs.250)
Old 2nd February 2024, 08:43   #240
BHPian

I was given Park+ app on my Brezza and my Grand Vitara. The first came with an IDFC fastag and the latter with an IDBI fastag. Both are meh only, IDBI's customer support being a little worse than IDFC's.

After some time, I'd like to change both to ICICI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks