Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 08:36   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

For those who requested closure of paytm (or others) fastag but not sure if it has been closed or not, below is the link to find out linked fastag(s) to your vehicle and it's current status:

https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/n...-fastag-status

This link will also help if you have bought another fastag even before your paytm fastag has been closed to check both fastags' status.
mukeshgoel is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 11:21   #317
Senior - BHPian

As per ET - Paytm not in list of 32 banks authorised to issue new FASTags. The road tolling authority has advised highway users to buy FASTags from authorized banks, listing 32 banks except Paytm Payments Bank. This signals to over 20 million Paytm FASTag users to get new RFID stickers as Paytm FASTags will become inoperative after February 29 due to RBI's directive barring Paytm Payments Bank from offering services from next month. IHMCL, the electronic tolling arm of NHAI, shared the list of authorized banks on its official handle.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com.../107732475.cms
Old 16th February 2024, 13:43   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead007 View Post
I am also waiting for the next steps from Paytm regarding the transition from PPBS to another bank. The reason for not switching is that it is very convenient to use Paytm Fastag, and that is the reason for its popularity. Secondly I also believer personally that Paytm is too big to fail at this time with crores of subscribers. In an election year, Gov will not want to cause massive inconvenience to a lot of people, else it will remind people of the Demonetization time.
I am also adopting the strategy of loading my wallet before 29 Feb so I can carry on for a little longer till a solution is found. Switching to another Fastag operator has its own switching costs, so I will resort to this only after all other options have been exhausted
This may be risky. RBI is not allowing them to onboard new toll plazas. Who knows that even the old ones stop working after 29/Feb. You don't want to left stranded or coughing up double the money at toll plazas.
Old 16th February 2024, 14:58   #319
BANNED

I thought everyone just used the same Fastag that the Dealer gives? That's what we've done for our newer cars. For the older car, I think we used icici fastag
Old 16th February 2024, 16:39   #320
BHPian

I closed my two Paytm Fastags. I have a third one with HDFC, hence planning to buy two more for the cars which have Paytm fastag now.

When I called HDFC Fastag customer care around 4.30PM, it was disconnecting frequently. After 4-5 attempts, finally call was thorugh only to hear my position in queue is 51 and expected wait time is 39 minutes

I am now thinking to close tags with HDFC and buy all 3 fastags with ICICI. Knowing ICICI customer service is good.
Old 16th February 2024, 18:20   #321
BHPian

Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag

Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag seems to have changed few things. I am not able to see the 1% cashback on Toll spends any more and also now they have mentioned that Amazon Pay wallet will be used for FASTag -
"In order to recharge Amazon Pay ICICI Bank FASTag, you just need to add money to your Amazon Pay Balance, since the FASTag will be using the Amazon Pay balance to pay all FASTag charges."

I recently purchased Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag and my FASTag is not linked to Amazon Pay Wallet and I have a separate wallet in ICICI FASTag.
Any new users applying through Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag - could you please check and confirm ?
Old 17th February 2024, 08:07   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
I am not able to see the 1% cashback on Toll spends any more and also now they have mentioned that Amazon Pay wallet will be used for FASTag

I recently purchased Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag and my FASTag is not linked to Amazon Pay Wallet and I have a separate wallet in ICICI FASTag.
Are you sure it’s an Amazon Pay Fastag? It sounds like a regular ICICI Fastag. I was about to apply yesterday and I still see the same features like 1% cashback. However, I changed my mind and applied for the regular ICICI tag as I don’t want to mix it up with my Amazon pay wallet.
Old 17th February 2024, 08:51   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Are you sure it’s an Amazon Pay Fastag? It sounds like a regular ICICI Fastag. I was about to apply yesterday and I still see the same features like 1% cashback.
I applied through Amazon Pay and got the ICICI FASTag. However when I purchased, the Amazon Pay FAQ clearly mentioned about the 1% cash back and had examples for cash back on Toll spend by dates, prime membership etc. Now I don't see that details any more. Instead, there is banner which says 1% cashback ( which wasn't there when I posted my previous message #321) and no mentions about the cash back in the Help & FAQ.
Clearly the FAQ page have been updated as I don't see this information "To switch, as a first step, you need to surrender your current FASTag to your issuer. Once your FASTag account with your existing issuer is closed, you can supply your vehicle details and purchase Amazon Pay ICICI BANK FASTag." which I previously copy pasted on my post #229.
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-fastagsoftlaunchbannerdesktop._cb612225437_.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post

I closed my tag account and was about to switch to ICICI (since my other car uses one too and the experience is pretty good except for some minor hiccups) when I've noticed that they tied-up with Amazon for fastag as well. I have an Amazon Pay-ICICI credit card and so far, the experience was seamless. The fastag part is handled by ICICI just like the vanilla ICICI fastag. If you are an Amazon prime member however, you get 1% toll charged the month before as cashback as Amazon pay balance. Well, it isn't much, but atleast we get 1% money back versus practically nothing for the other tags.

For those who are planning to switch to ICICI, do take a look at Amazon Pay-ICICI tag as well, especially if you are a Prime member.
@furyrider - Does your FASTag use Amazon Pay wallet or has a separate ICICI Wallet ?
Old 17th February 2024, 09:00   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
As per ET - Paytm not in list of 32 banks authorised to issue new FASTags. The road tolling authority has advised highway users to buy FASTags from authorized banks, listing 32 banks except Paytm Payments Bank. This signals to over 20 million Paytm FASTag users to get new RFID stickers as Paytm FASTags will become inoperative after February 29 due to RBI's directive barring Paytm Payments Bank from offering services from next month. IHMCL, the electronic tolling arm of NHAI, shared the list of authorized banks on its official handle.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com.../107732475.cms
Looks like there is no hope for Paytm fastag anymore. Will wait for a week more to see if anything changes, if not then will switch to Icici Amazon fastag.
Old 17th February 2024, 09:04   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Looks like there is no hope for Paytm fastag anymore. Will wait for a week more to see if anything changes, if not then will switch to Icici Amazon fastag.
Please check this another thread with latest RBI updates on Paytm FASTag
Old 17th February 2024, 09:19   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
@furyrider - Does your FASTag use Amazon Pay wallet or has a separate ICICI Wallet ?
This is just like any other ICICI fastag. We will be given access to ICICI fastag portal and ICICI etoll app where one can recharge/block/replace fastag, etc. Also, if you have an ICICI account, you could link the fastag to your account and enable auto recharge option.

With regards to your original question: we can recharge using Amazon pay wallet, but not Amazon pay balance. The fastag is not linked to your Amazon wallet. However, just like any other ICICI fastag, you can easily recharge the fastag using any service provider (such as park+, etc). The only difference between this and the vanilla ICICI fastag is that we get 1% cashback every month to Amazon pay balance. There is no other difference.

Edit:
I went through your previous posts and find it weird that ICICI has mentioned recharges would be through Amazon pay balance. Atleast for me, Amazon pay balance would always be disabled while recharging my fastag. The only option I have is Amazon Pay UPI/any other UPI. Also, there is zero communication with respect to cash backs we receive - both from Amazon and ICICI in my case. The cashbacks will however reflect under transactions section in Amazon Pay.
Attached Thumbnails
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot_20240217_092214_amazon.jpg  

Last edited by furyrider : 17th February 2024 at 09:30. Reason: Adding more context
furyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 09:29   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
The fastag is not linked to your Amazon wallet.
I think Amazon Pay have made some changes now. I can see the below in their recent Help & FAQ page
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot-20240217-9.27.068239am.png

Thanks @furyrider for sharing additional details.
I too applied FASTag through Amazon Pay, I got it delivered earlier this month. I have separate ICICI wallet and based on that I have answered few queries related to Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag on this forum. Now that Amazon Pay have made changes, need to wait and see how the payments for FASTag purchased through Amazon Pay works for new users.

Last edited by Ananthponraj : 17th February 2024 at 09:46. Reason: Added content
Ananthponraj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 10:53   #328
Senior - BHPian

My paytm fastag closed last night and I bought Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag today morning.

There was an option to pay for it through Amazon Pay Balance including tag balance amount of Rs.200 but I didn't have Rs.499.12 in apay balance, so paid by credit card.

Then for the trial, I recharged it with Rs.100 through Amazon pay balance. It worked but added 1.4% + GST which is ok because we can get Apay GVs through Gyftr at more cashback (HDFC).

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot-3492.png
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 11:42   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Then for the trial, I recharged it with Rs.100 through Amazon pay balance. It worked but added 1.4% + GST
This is a bit confusing because the FAQ says that the Apay wallet balance is automatically used to pay toll charges, but here the user seems to be recharging the Fastag using the Apay wallet - why is such a step necessary? In Paytm, it was automatic - user just has to add money to the wallet.

It also offers other means like UPI, cards,netbanking to load the Fastag.
Is convenience charge added for these modes also?

Last edited by adisan : 18th February 2024 at 11:57.
Old 18th February 2024, 12:09   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
It also offers other means like UPI, cards,netbanking to load the Fastag.
Is convenience charge added for these modes also?
UPI is surely free. Not sure about cards/netbanking.
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot-3510.png
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks