Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 6.92%
Axis Bank 8 2.77%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.42%
HDFC Bank 56 19.38%
ICICI Bank 134 46.37%
IDBI Bank 7 2.42%
IDFC Bank 39 13.49%
Induslnd bank 3 1.04%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.46%
State Bank of India 11 3.81%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 14 4.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2024, 18:07   #466
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
I had closed down my PayTM FASTag recently and moved to IDFC. Had driven from Mysore to Bangalore and it worked flawlessly.

However this morning I was shocked to see that Rs.50 was deducted at Vanagaram Toll Plaza!

I am very much in Bangalore and the car is safely parked in the basement! I have raised the dispute with IDFC and it is still under process!

Quick googling says Vanagaram toll plaza is in Chennai!

Waiting for the IDFC team to resolve this and reverse the transaction.

Attachment 2584523

Either the bank has issued another Fastag under your number to somebody also or someone is punching in manually vehicle numbers or the toll company's systems are compromised & random pepple are being billed for ghost Fastag passes.
Old 20th March 2024, 23:02   #467
BHPian

Those intending to purchase Airtel Fastags for multiple vehicles should exercise caution and refrain from ordering them all at once. I recently encountered an issue where I received two Airtel Fastags on the same day, making it incredibly challenging to discern which Fastag corresponds to which vehicle. The Fastags come with barcodes that are absent in the corresponding Airtel Thanks app, and the app displays a Fastag ID that isn't printed on the Fastags themselves. As expected, resolving this matter with Airtel's lethargic customer service proved to be a slow process, taking approximately a week to address
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 23:29   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
Ordered a HDFC tag online on their web portal yesterday. Ordering experience was very smooth and even the walet was created immediately with the fastag number issued and linked. Tag will be dispatched in 2 working days
Received the tag today ( 3rd working day) via bluedart. I did not get any tracking messages from Bluedart before delivery.
The letter enclosed contains all details like customer id, tag id, etc and required info to recharge /login.

Hdfc application status tracker started reflecting my application details on the 2 working day evening.
https://hdfcbankfastag.in/appTrack/

Tag is active already. Verified this on NETC portal. It is showing 2 active tags for my vehicle # as I am yet to close Paytm tag , which I will do once I stick the new tag.

This is the link to complete full KYC for the Walet ( this is Adhar based + video KYC)
https://apply.hdfcbank.com/digital/fastag

Still not sure where to upload the RC details.
Old 21st March 2024, 09:34   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Either the bank has issued another Fastag under your number to somebody also or someone is punching in manually vehicle numbers or the toll company's systems are compromised & random pepple are being billed for ghost Fastag passes.
Something similar and the ticket which I raised with IDFC is still in review stage! It has been two days since the ticket has been raised.

No resolution yet!
Old 21st March 2024, 09:41   #470
Senior - BHPian

I am impressed with hdfc fastag so far. No issues. And I am always getting a SmS with toll deduction amount and balance remaining once I cross the toll. Quite nifty and saves me the trouble to keep checking the fastag portal. Will be getting the same tag for our second car which rarely sees a toll plaza.
Old 21st March 2024, 18:08   #471
BHPian

So, it's been more than a week & Airtel Fastag has not been activated. I have reached out to the Nodal Officer of Airtel Payments Bank & even they are mystified as to why it has not been activated. Airtel itself shipped the Fastag & their backend systems are unable to tag the Fastag.

I now suspect that Airtel has been shipping spurious Faastags to unsuspecting customers & hoping that no one notices.

Avoid Airtel Payments Fastag at all costs! Something fishy is happening with their tags! Even when you order from Airtel website/app, Spurious/Fake Fastags are probably being shipped by their vendor.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 21:16   #472

I took this amazon pay ICICI fastag. It says will use balance from amazon pay. I am yet to use though.
Attached Thumbnails
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-20240321_211526.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st April 2024 at 11:06. Reason: Please capitalise names. Thanks.
koushikroy1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 00:54   #473
BHPian

I get this message when I log in to Tag Account Summary on ICICI Fastag portal for my Amazon Pay ICICI tag. I have uploaded the RC twice and received no communication about it status
Attached Images

Last edited by Ltinsane : 22nd March 2024 at 00:56.
Old 22nd March 2024, 08:20   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushikroy1989 View Post
I took this amazon pay ICICI fastag. It says will use balance from amazon pay. I am yet to use though.
It's back? They had removed this in between. Try and suggest if this is a better alternative to all the Airtel and IDFC tags which use a pooled wallet.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st April 2024 at 11:07. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 22nd March 2024, 13:50   #475

I applied through Amazon ICICI link but the Fastag I received has no mention of Amazon Pay at all.

Any way ICICI fastag can be linked to my Amazon pay account?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st April 2024 at 11:07. Reason: Typos
ankurj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 13:54   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltinsane View Post
I get this message when I log in to Tag Account Summary on ICICI Fastag portal for my Amazon Pay ICICI tag. I have uploaded the RC twice and received no communication about it status
They mentioned 3 working days but it took 7 days for them to update it from their end. Don't update it again and again , I guess they must be having a backlog after PayTM fiasco, re-uploading it may end up putting you in the end of queue. (just a guess)
ankurj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 20:59   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurj View Post
I applied through Amazon ICICI link but the Fastag I received has no mention of Amazon Pay at all.

Any way ICICI fastag can be linked to my Amazon pay account?
Please check the FAQ for Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st April 2024 at 11:09. Reason: Quoted post edited
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 11:17   #478
BHPian

Amazon has recently launched their Amazon Pay FasTag, looks like it's in collaboration with ICICI Bank, but all the Fastag operations seem to have visibility inside the Amazon app. Fastag deductions will happen directly from Amazon Pay wallet balance. There's a 1% cashback for Prime members, but for me with only ~8-10 outstation trips in a year, the incentive isn't very attractive, but nevertheless it's there.

Had this been available ~10 days ago, I would have preferred this over Airtel, which is what I've shifted to from PayTM. The way things are today, I would highly prefer lesser number of apps on my phone doing more things. Absolutely hate HDFC Bank's implementation of FastTag with no visibility from the HDFC MobileBanking App (deductions, history etc, not recharge). Picked Airtel, since I had reluctantly installed the Airtel app for bill payment etc already.
Old 26th March 2024, 16:15   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Had this been available ~10 days ago, I would have preferred this over Airtel, which is what I've shifted to from PayTM.
I would also choose Amazon Pay over Airtel. However, the limitation of one Fastag per wallet with Amazon Pay is a significant drawback if we have more than one car. If such a restriction does not exist, then Amazon Pay is definitely the better option. Fasttag wise both amazon and airtel sucks on customer service.
Old 26th March 2024, 17:40   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Amazon has recently launched their Amazon Pay FasTag, looks like it's in collaboration with ICICI Bank, but all the Fastag operations seem to have visibility inside the Amazon app. Fastag deductions will happen directly from Amazon Pay wallet balance. There's a 1% cashback for Prime members, but for me with only ~8-10 outstation trips in a year, the incentive isn't very attractive, but nevertheless it's there.
Is it a new tag from Amazon or the existing Amazon Co-branded tag from ICICI? For the existing tag, many folks have reported in this forum that there is still confusion whether money is deducted from Amazon pay or wallet. So wondering if Amazon has introduced a new type of tag linked to Amazon pay?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks