Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2024, 17:41   #481
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Feedback on HDFC Bank Fastag: Avoid

While the product itself is quite efficient with easy recharge and prompt transaction updates, the customer support provided by HDFC Bank falls significantly short. Their customer service is abysmal. Waiting times to connect with an agent often exceed 20 minutes, and even then, the agents are frequently unable to assist with the customer queries.

I've been using HDFC Bank Fastag for both of my cars over the past 5 years. It offered the convenience of managing two cars under the same wallet and have never faced any issue with either recharge or acceptance.

In February, I decided to upgrade my cars (due to the 10-year rule in Delhi) and sold my old cars through Spinny. I deactivated both Fastags through HDFC customer support, clearly stating my intention to retain my Fastag wallet for the new cars due to my satisfaction with their service.

Now, to my surprise, HDFC Fastag is now refusing to allow me to add new cars, citing that my mobile number and PAN are already registered with them. Even their customer support, is clueless and are only offering the option to permanently close the wallet and refund the wallet balance to a linked account.

Therefore, I strongly advise against using HDFC Fastag if you have plans to change or upgrade your vehicle in the future.
Aniket Verma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 21:13   #482
BHPian

I have closed my Paytm Fast Tag and got a Park+ Fast Tag right now. The ICICI Amazon Pay Fast Tag seems to be better than the Park+ Tag with the Amazon Pay Wallet acting as the Fast Tag balance. Is it possible to apply for the same without closing the existing Fast Tag as I have some highway travel coming up.
Old 27th March 2024, 11:00   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Is it possible to apply for the same without closing the existing Fast Tag as I have some highway travel coming up.
You should be able to do so. I closed my Paytm tag 2 days back only after receiving and sticking the active HDFC tag..

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th March 2024 at 11:28. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Old 27th March 2024, 14:22   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
The ICICI Amazon Pay Fast Tag seems to be better than the Park+ Tag with the Amazon Pay Wallet acting as the Fast Tag balance. Is it possible to apply for the same without closing the existing Fast Tag as I have some highway travel coming up.
I remember reading here that the ICICI portal stopped proceeding further, stating another active Fastag was found on given Vechile no. I couldn't find it now, but since you will be going with the Amazon Pay portal, it could proceed. Do try to see if it gets approved and dispatched; then you can deactivate the existing one.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 15:02   #485
BHPian

Is anyone here using Saraswat Bank's Fastag?
I have been using it until now. Unfortunately, I faced issues on multiple occasions where the scanner at the toll failed to read it. Most of the time, someone has to use manual scanner and do some trial and error for it to get scanned successfully. I had to pay cash on a couple of occasions. It was very frustrating, especially when there was a big queue at the toll.
Most people here voted for ICICI Bank's Fastag, and I am also considering getting it.
Old 31st March 2024, 23:57   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushikroy1989 View Post
I took this amazon pay icici fastag. It says will use balance from amazon pay. I am yet to use though.
So far it's been peace of mind. Amount is getting deducted from Amazon pay and all transactions immediately show up there. And some 1% cashback for prime members.

I could not remove the old Paytm fastag completely. The glue residual is very hard to remove. Do you know any easier way? Please do share.
Old 1st April 2024, 08:54   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Magic View Post
I have been using it until now...
Most people here voted for ICICI Bank's Fastag, and I am also considering getting it.
Hearing the 'Saraswat Bank' Fastag for the first time.
ICICI Bank's Fastag is good, you can check for the users experience with a search within the forum. Also a few users have shared their good experience with IDFC Fastag as well.
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 14:18   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Magic View Post
I have been using it until now. Unfortunately, I faced issues on multiple occasions where the scanner at the toll failed to read it. Most of the time, someone has to use manual scanner and do some trial and error for it to get scanned successfully. I had to pay cash on a couple of occasions. It was very frustrating, especially when there was a big queue at the toll.
By any chance, is your tag pasted on the shaded area of windshield? Sometimes that could hinder scanner to read the tag properly.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 15:05   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
By any chance, is your tag pasted on the shaded area of windshield? Sometimes that could hinder scanner to read the tag properly.
No, it was pasted below the shaded area. The bank's leaflet suggested pasting fastag behind the rearview mirror, and hence, it was pasted accordingly.
Old 3rd April 2024, 11:29   #490
BHPian

IDBI FASTAG - Please Avoid

Hello All,

I was forced to go with IDBI bank fastag when I purchased my Honda City eHEV in end 2023. On enabling my account, I found that IDBI has outsourced this activity to a third party, ventureinfotek.com. I was given to understand from Honda Sales that IDBI is the direct provider of this service, but was surprised to see this non IDBI entity involved.

Who is the custodian of the data shared when purchasing the FasTag (copies of RC/PAN were shared), IDBI Bank or the third party? If it is the third pary, how safe is my information? Their website is so unprofessional. For the login see this link : https://etcidbi.ventureinfotek.com/idiwnetc/
Also notice, that either, their security certificate is expired or not properly signed.

Having been conned to buy IDBI (the alternative was PayTM), I applied for and got my new XX Bank FasTag. However, to close this IDBI FasTag account, I was told that I have to find my way to an IDBI bank branch, take my kundali, (PAN, Aadhar, RC, Insurance) and also submit a letter explaining the reason to close my account.

Has anyone faced such issues when closing a FasTag account and moving providers?

Please take this as a request, do not take IDBI FasTag for any reason. The bank, probably, is not the custodian of your data.

Now that, from April 1, 2024, buying a new FasTag account automatically invalidates the previously issued FasTag, does anyone know how this is will affect getting a refund of the funds in the IDBI wallet? Can it be transferred to the new wallet?

Last edited by venkat_partha : 3rd April 2024 at 11:31.
Old 3rd April 2024, 18:50   #491
BHPian

Re: IDBI FASTAG - Please Avoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_partha View Post

However, to close this IDBI FasTag account, I was told that I have to find my way to an IDBI bank branch, take my kundali, (PAN, Aadhar, RC, Insurance) and also submit a letter explaining the reason to close my account.

Has anyone faced such issues when closing a FasTag account and moving providers?

Now that, from April 1, 2024, buying a new FasTag account automatically invalidates the previously issued FasTag, does anyone know how this is will affect getting a refund of the funds in the IDBI wallet? Can it be transferred to the new wallet?
For Closing the FASTag wallet, the provider needs the reason and for refund of the balance + security deposit, the provider needs your bank account details ( which could be a copy of cancelled cheque - For closing the Axis Bank FASTag, I emailed them the reason and copy of cancelled cheque, and finally got that closed in 2-3 months after several followups ). Not sure, why they have asked all the details related to KYC. It looks like IDBI is trying to first complete KYC and then they may close, refund.

Balance in Wallet from one provider can't be transferred to another provider.

As per the 'One Vehicle One FASTag' articles - except the latest FASTag ( with KYC completed), all other old FASTag will be deactivated.
If you are able to get a new FASTag from another provider without hassles, I think you may buy that and get KYC completed and hope the One Vehicle One FASTag policy really works and your old FASTag gets deactivated.

Last edited by Ananthponraj : 3rd April 2024 at 18:51.
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 14:35   #492

Need inputs -

I had PayTM Fastag that was working seamlessly till I was forced to surrender it on the day of journey because of zero balance in the wallet.

I took SBI Fastag from a POS at the start of long journey over few days and the POS person has mapped my tag to somebody else's wallet. As I was passing through the tolls, the balance was not getting deducted from mine. Initially I thought the new tag takes few days to get updated and anyway the tolls were allowing me to pass through. In the second day or third day of the journey, at few places I saw tag not showing my vehicle number, but was still confused. It was on third day the POS person called me and explained the scenario and was asking for the money that got deducted from other person's wallet.

Now I want to surrender my tag and wallet as I lost confidence in the whole process. SBI Fastag customer care is pathetic and they keep saying that they do not have much information.

I initiated the surrender and it got rejected after a week with the reason SEC_Deposit not paid whereas for small cars there is no security deposit. Banks do not have any information on how to deal with this scenario. I am unable to take a new tag from other bank because my vehicle number shows as Hotlisted. Emails and calls to SBI customer care if futile and frustrating. I have taken the tag off the car already.

1) Please suggest how to proceed in this scenario.

2) My current SBI wallet has incorrect chassis number etc, how important it is to have those information mapped correctly.

Looking for help from BHPians on this issue.
Old 6th April 2024, 20:19   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by innervoice View Post
I am unable to take a new tag from other bank because my vehicle number shows as Hotlisted.
This issue shouldn't occur if you buy directly from the seller. It typically happens only if you sign up through the online portal. Try purchasing a new tag from vendors; it should activate instantly.
raptor_diwan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 21:15   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post
Feedback on HDFC Bank Fastag: Avoid

While the product itself is quite efficient with easy recharge and prompt transaction updates, the customer support provided by HDFC Bank falls significantly short. Their customer service is abysmal. Waiting times to connect with an agent often exceed 20 minutes, and even then, the agents are frequently unable to assist with the customer queries...
I also applied for HDFC Fastag after the mandatory shift out from Paytm. Applied online and thought the process was good. But one tag was damaged and hence ordered a replacement. It’s been 10 days and still I am left without a proper tag. Got the tag today which is not in activated state. Anything you ask the customer support requires minimum 2 working days. Getting connected to an executive takes 20 minutes

Best bet are the umbrella kiosks just near to the toll plaza. Cash and carry model and no lead times. Ordering online you get a “slow”tag and not a Fastag.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th April 2024 at 22:24. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 10th April 2024, 13:26   #495

After closing the PayTM tag, I tried applying online for ICICI Fastag. I don't have a bank account with ICICI, so I directly applied for Fastag through their website. But after filling in all the details and submitting, instead of going to the payment page, it showed some error and closed. There is no try again option. Customer care is unreachable on most attempts - the first time, I was waiting for over 5 minutes on the IVRS, and later, the call would just get disconnected. I wonder why all banks have such cutting-edge digital infra that it cuts off the service flows without any way to overcome the system error. I'm disappointed - such a broken experience.

Now, I am wondering if, with the submitted info, the system would have created an under-progress application that would prevent me from applying again. Trying to call the support isn't working at all.

ICICI also seems to have some transaction fee for each recharge made for Fastag. At one place, it says nil fee ( https://www.icicibank.com/personal-b...faqaccordion-4 ), and another place says 0.25% of transaction amount for UPI ( https://www.icicibank.com/personal-b...nience-charges ).

Never faced any issue with PayTM.

Last edited by navin : 10th April 2024 at 13:48. Reason: Several errors in punctuation, grammar and spelling.
sumazure is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks