Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2024, 13:18   #331
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Is it advisable to keep paytm fastag or will it get auto closed based on next update from relevant authority?

PayTm has been good so far with no abnormal fee or any mess up...

I had nightmares with Airtel couple of years back before switching to ICICI which I had closed last year due to sale of my old car...
Old 18th February 2024, 15:25   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
It also offers other means like UPI, cards,netbanking to load the Fastag.
Is convenience charge added for these modes also?
I linked my fastag in ICICI mobile App. There is option to recharge it through my ICICI saving account as well through ICICI (only) credit cards without any convenience charge.
mukeshgoel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 20:31   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I linked my fastag in ICICI mobile App. There is option to recharge it through my ICICI saving account as well through ICICI (only) credit cards without any convenience charge.
Around 6 years back when I was using my first Fastag from ICICI, the process was to login to thier separate website and then add money. It was a very clumsy process while PayTM FasTag which I got with my new car 6 years back has been smoothest.

But now I am looking for new one after PayTM saga. Based on your review, it seems like ICICI has made process smooth as well. As I already have ICICI account and using their mobile app, can one simply add money to ICICI FasTag by just going to existing ICICI mobile banking app and then add money under FasTag option?
rahulba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 20:42   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
As I already have ICICI account and using their mobile app, can one simply add money to ICICI FasTag by just going to existing ICICI mobile banking app and then add money under FasTag option?
Yes.

Home Screen -> ICICI Fastag -> Recharge

Enter amount -> Select account SB/CC -> Confirm.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-f1.jpeg
mukeshgoel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 11:26   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarhot View Post
Is it advisable to keep paytm fastag or will it get auto closed based on next update from relevant authority?

PayTm has been good so far with no abnormal fee or any mess up...

I had nightmares with Airtel couple of years back before switching to ICICI which I had closed last year due to sale of my old car...
Keeping it not closed and taking another tag will lead to blacklisting after Feb 29 due to one vehicle one fastag KYC norms. Paytm won't auto close as per today and balance can be used till it exhausts. To avoid this scneario, I got new ICICI fastag and closed Paytm Fastag today.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 11:43   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
Based on your review, it seems like ICICI has made process smooth as well. As I already have ICICI account and using their mobile app, can one simply add money to ICICI FasTag by just going to existing ICICI mobile banking app and then add money under FasTag option?
Yeah, ICICI app is easy to use for FasTag recharge n checking toll deductions. I was also able to close my previous FasTag online post sale of my car and got back balance amount into my bank account without any hassles.
Aarhot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 14:47   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
Now that Amazon Pay have made changes, need to wait and see how the payments for FASTag purchased through Amazon Pay works for new users.
I had some spare time to kill last weekend and contacted ICICI CS team to check if they have an update. Looks like they are equally clueless about the change in wording.

CS rep 1: Lady was absolutely clueless about Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag. She kept insisting that there is no such thing as Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag and kept repeating that I can however recharge my fastag via Amazon Pay. I found it hilarious since the fastag details she had in front of her screen was in fact for Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag. Thanked her and disconnected. Decided to give another call a couple of hours later.

CS rep 2: This guy had some idea, but was equally clueless about the change in wording/conditions on Amazon's website. He sort of reiterated what we all know thus far - that this is a vanilla ICICI fastag with 1% CB added on top. When asked if the fastags issued after the policy change can only be recharged/used using Amazon Pay, he denied at first, but quickly corrected that it would be under Amazon's purview and not under ICICI and that he has no further information to share. When asked if this change would impact the current users, he mentioned that I could keep using my fastag as usual and that any changes to policy would be intimated to me via my registered email/phone number. I was asked to contact Amazon for further details with regards to the change in policy.

Amazon Chat support: Bounced back and forth between multiple CS reps only to end up in a seemingly endless loop. They are equally clueless and were asking me to contact ICICI.

Looks like not everyone at Amazon/ICICI is aware about the co-branded fastag. I think we can use the fastag as usual at least for the time being.

Last edited by furyrider : 19th February 2024 at 15:01. Reason: .
furyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 18:48   #338

@furyrider I am too in similar boat like you as I was also looking for alternatives for wallet based Fastags for their ease of managebility. Today, i tried to contact Amazon customer care by phone and the first lady couldn't understand about fastag (I say apay icici fastag and she says apay icici credit card ) After clarifying that I am clearly talking about fastag and Amazon pay balance related query, then added another representative from apay wallet team. Initially, she also had no idea on how toll spends work, requested to put hold on line to check with their supervisor and then later clearly said that maintaining sufficient Amazon pay Balance (wallet + gift card) should be enough for automatic toll spend deduction directly from Apay balance.

I am still not able to get confidence on this info and wanted to connect with ICICI Fastag helpline but couldn't get in touch with same citing high call traffic.

Can anyone confirm this theory is correct as ICICI still shows seperate fastag wallet in the ICICI website and I was under impression that Apay balance would indirectly reflect there.

Anyway I have ordered Apay ICICI Fastag as I am getting something back which is not the case for other Fastags and I have very good experience with their Apay ICICI credit card and use wallet for lot of other things (uber, movie etc.) and fastag on top of it would be good.
amity_143 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 19:22   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amity_143 View Post
Initially, she also had no idea on how toll spends work, requested to put hold on line to check with their supervisor and then later clearly said that maintaining sufficient Amazon pay Balance (wallet + gift card) should be enough for automatic toll spend deduction directly from Apay balance.
I think Amazon should clarify which balance can be used for fastag recharges/deductions. From what I could gather, Amazon Pay Balance = APay Wallet + Gift cards (including cashbacks we receive from Amazon/APay ICICI credit card). The balance marked as gift card balance cannot be used to recharge fastag as of now (at least for me, screenshot attached). Only the wallet balance can be used. If they did mention that the gift card balance can be used, this is big news for me since the cashbacks I usually receive from my Amazon Pay ICICI credit card will cover my monthly fastag expenses.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot_20240219_185628_amazon.jpg

Quote:
Can anyone confirm this theory is correct as ICICI still shows seperate fastag wallet in the ICICI website and I was under impression that Apay balance would indirectly reflect there.
As of now, ICICI wallet does not reflect APay Balance. As things stand now, once the fastag is recharged via a suitable means (cards, UPI, bank transfer, etc), the amount would get added to the ICICI fastag wallet. This balance would be deducted once we cross a toll. Even if we enable auto recharge, the amount would still get added to the ICICI wallet first and only then can be used. I am not sure how they would differentiate between old and new users. It is not clear what happens to the current user base whose tags are not linked to APay for deductions (only CBs for now). Either way, I would prefer to wait and see how this pans out.

PS: My fastag is 1 year old.
Old 19th February 2024, 20:08   #340
BHPian

Regarding Amazon Pay ICICI FasTag, I have got it last week and only ICICI FasTag Wallet gets used for fastag, noting to do with Amazon Pay. Amazon is not even mentioned in fastag too. So I think Amazon is just offering cashback to encourage people apply for fastag through they service.
Old 19th February 2024, 20:16   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
PS: My fastag is 1 year old.
If I recharge my Apay ICICI Fastag from Amazon app, I can not use Amazon pay balance. I can pay only by UPI and my UPI enabled Rupay credit card.

If I recharge my Apay ICICI Fastag from ICICI website, I can use my amazon pay balance with convenience fee (1.4% + GST).

I bought my Apay ICICI Fastag on 17th Feb and it is yet to be delivered.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 20:20   #342
BHPian

I guess Amazon Pay balance cannot be used directly for Fastag debits. Amazon is not a payment bank like Airtel or Paytm, so I don't think they can allow Fastag deductions directly from Amazon Pay. Instead, we have to recharge it separately, just like with other banks. However, the FAQ on the Amazon website says it should work the same as Paytm—just load money into the Amazon Pay wallet, and it should directly debit for Fastag. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case, as Amazon is not a bank. This functionality should only work with Paytm and now Airtel.
Old 19th February 2024, 20:33   #343
Senior - BHPian

I have closed all 3 PayTM FasTags now. Need to find new tags now and wallet based Tags are what I would love to have ideally.

If we buy that HDFC tag through PayTM, wondering how exactly will that work and whats in it for PayTM?

The ICICI website is not allowing me to buy a new FasTag and it returns an error that “please enter a valid license plate number upto 10 digits”. I have been entering the car number correctly.

Edit: The Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag will use money from Amazon Pay wallet as per Amazon India.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-img_0460.jpeg

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 19th February 2024 at 20:40.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 22:20   #344

@furyrider - I am not referring to "how can you recharge your Fastag wallet using Apay balance" but instead was trying to confirm if I maintain sufficient Apay balance, direct debits happen to my Apay balance account.

Also, I see there is new update related to Apay wallet. Now, Amazon is allowing to upgrade the wallet to UPI based where a UPI ID will be generated for your Amazon wallet. You can directly add/topup amount to your Amazon Wallet by referring the UPI ID from any UPI based app.

I want to really try and see if direct debits to Apay balence happens But, if it doesn;t wor, have to bear the burnt of paying double the toll price :(
Old 20th February 2024, 06:07   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amity_143 View Post
then later clearly said that maintaining sufficient Amazon pay Balance (wallet + gift card) should be enough for automatic toll spend deduction directly from Apay balance.

I am still not able to get confidence on this info and wanted to connect with ICICI Fastag helpline but couldn't get in touch with same citing high call traffic.

Can anyone confirm this theory is correct as ICICI still shows seperate fastag wallet in the ICICI website and I was under impression that Apay balance would indirectly reflect there
I don't think Amazon pay wallet balance will be automatically used for toll deduction since the fastag has a dedicated wallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
Amazon Pay Balance = APay Wallet + Gift cards (including cashbacks we receive from Amazon/APay ICICI credit card). The balance marked as gift card balance cannot be used to recharge fastag as of now (at least for me, screenshot attached). Only the wallet balance can be used
No, neither the wallet balance not gift card balance can be used to recharge fastag. I had 500 rs in wallet, but still the option is disabled.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-img_20240220_053519.jpg

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot_2024022005360785_fd1e8ef594b195c55a3bba4818d0ce35.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Regarding Amazon Pay ICICI FasTag, I have got it last week and only ICICI FasTag Wallet gets used for fastag, noting to do with Amazon Pay. Amazon is not even mentioned in fastag too. So I think Amazon is just offering cashback to encourage people apply for fastag through they service.
I got an Amazon pay ICICI fastag too and don't see Amazon branding anywhere. There is no additional linking with Amazon pay wallet, Amazon is just acting as an agent and hopefully provide the cashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
If I recharge my Apay ICICI Fastag from Amazon app, I can not use Amazon pay balance. I can pay only by UPI and my UPI enabled Rupay credit card.

If I recharge my Apay ICICI Fastag from ICICI website, I can use my amazon pay balance with convenience fee (1.4% + GST).
The only saving grace is that the charges to use other wallets is higher than Amazon pay wallet

Even the upi option has a charge when we recharge from ICICI etoll app and the minimum recharge amount is Rs.2000 where as minimum recharge amount from Amazon app is Rs.500

It doesn't make sense to recharge it from ICICI app. It's better to link rupay credit card to Amazon upi and recharge the fastag from Amazon app using upi without any charges.

Last edited by Everlearner : 20th February 2024 at 06:12.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks