Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.02%
Axis Bank 8 2.81%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 18.95%
ICICI Bank 134 47.02%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.68%
Induslnd bank 3 1.05%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.51%
State Bank of India 10 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2023, 16:00   #211
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

How to get a replacement tag in Airtel Payments Bank? The option available in app is disabled and there's no customer care to talk to.
Old 11th January 2024, 22:45   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
How to get a replacement tag in Airtel Payments Bank? The option available in app is disabled and there's no customer care to talk to.
You can write to them at wecare@airtelbank.com. They immediately helped me 6 months back, hopefully it works now as well.
ritdrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 18:13   #213

RBI has imposed some restrictions on Paytm Payments bank which impacts their Wallet and Fastag services after February 29th, 2024.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/payt...-ndtv_bigstory

I assume many of us are using Paytm Fastag. What is your take on this? Should we consider switching to a different provider or is it too early?
Old 31st January 2024, 18:44   #214

Came here to see what Team-BHP thinks about this news about Paytm which *seems* to be the largest Fastag provider out there.

I want to port my Fastag elsewhere but wondering if that's even possible since am getting conflicting information out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohit15 View Post
RBI has imposed some restrictions on Paytm Payments bank which impacts their Wallet and Fastag services after February 29th, 2024.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/payt...-ndtv_bigstory

I assume many of us are using Paytm Fastag. What is your take on this? Should we consider switching to a different provider or is it too early?
Old 31st January 2024, 19:48   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarksa View Post
Came here to see what Team-BHP thinks about this news about Paytm which *seems* to be the largest Fastag provider out there.

I want to port my Fastag elsewhere but wondering if that's even possible since am getting conflicting information out there.
Unfortunately Fastag can't be ported unlike mobile sim. If you want to switch to another provider then you need to close the current tag and get a new one from the provider of your choice. As per new rule, only one active fastag is allowed per car (rule is not new per se but this time it is implemented strictly).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 31st January 2024 at 19:52.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 21:48   #216
BMK

I initiated cancellation of my 2 Paytm fastags using their app and ordered new ones from icicibank.
I feel it is a hassle with Paytm fastag and avoid any hassles during travel.
https://paytm.com/blog/fastag/how-to...l-your-fastag/
Attached Thumbnails
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot_2024013121444192_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

BMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 23:04   #217
BHPian

I was recently asked to redo my KYC on my 7+ year-old PayTM account. When I tried to do it, it would throw up an error. Tried multiple times but no luck. Then I called up my friend who works at a senior position in PayTM. And he found out that PayTM has blacklisted the pin code of my city Jodhpur; like a blanket ban.

He told me that the only way to resolve this would be to change the address on my Aadhar to another city, which is absurd. He is still trying to get my account whitelisted but it's been a week and no dice.

All my Fastags are on PayTM and all of them have stopped working. My wallet balance has been frozen and I can't use PayTM on Uber. Let alone using it for making UPI payments.

This is very frustrating and I see no hope, especially considering the news that just came in regarding RBI imposing severe restrictions on the PayTM Payments Bank.

Looking to switch to another provider, but I think all of them need manual recharging, which was not the case with PayTM ås I had my walled auto reload when balance was low and it was super convenient.

Any suggestions ?

Last edited by Aditya : 1st February 2024 at 05:58. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
mohittater is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 03:07   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohittater View Post
Looking to switch to another provider, but I think all of them need manual recharging, which was not the case with PayTM ås I had my walled auto reload when balance was low and it was super convenient.
Have the same request. I have been using Paytm Fastag for 6 years now and I have never done a single manual recharge. Earlier the wallet used to be auto topped up from my credit card and later from Paytm Bank and UPI.

Are there any other Fastag providers which provide near instant auto reload facility i.e. 'When balance goes below X Rs., load Y Rs. instantly' ?

As RBI is still allowing balances in Fastag to be used beyond 29-Feb, should I manually load some X amount to cover near future travels and tbe Fastag should still work?

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 1st February 2024 at 03:08.
Old 1st February 2024, 03:57   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

I've initiated closure of my 2 Fastags yesterday after the PayTM fiasco. And have purchased from ICICI Bank. Hope to get the new ones soon. Since my running around doesn't entail crossing a toll frequently, I have no issues at present. New ones should be delivered in a week or so.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-20240131_174956.jpg

My only use of PayTM was for Fastag. I've never trusted them with other transactions.
Old 1st February 2024, 07:50   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Have the same request. I have been using Paytm Fastag for 6 years now and I have never done a single manual recharge. Earlier the wallet used to be auto topped up from my credit card and later from Paytm Bank and UPI.

Are there any other Fastag providers which provide near instant auto reload facility i.e. 'When balance goes below X Rs., load Y Rs. instantly' ?
Have been using ICICI Fastag for 2 years now, and their auto reload works seamlessly from my ICICI savings account. It is a bit confusing initially though since you have to reload into Fastag CUG first and then into Fastag account.
Old 1st February 2024, 07:50   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohittater View Post
Any suggestions ?

ICICI fastag offers auto recharge option via linked ICICI bank account whenever the balance goes below a limit set by the user.

If you have ICICI savings account and name matches with car RC then you can order tag via savings account netbanking and it would be home delivered (to the savings account address). Separate KYC is not needed since it makes use of savings account KYC.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st February 2024 at 08:08.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 08:26   #222
BHPian

I too submitted request for my Paytm Fastag closure. Don't want to apply immediately as now they are strict on having only 1 Fastag for each car, so will apply ICICI Amazon Pay after confirmed closure
humans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 09:27   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

I currently use Paytm fastags and I really like the fact that I don't have to recharge the tag individually as the wallet balance will be used for all my tags. I don't have any bank account with popular banks that offer Fastag (ICICI, HDFC, IDFC, etc.) service. I have an SBI account but it doesn't look like they offer Fastag (couldn't find any online links).

What are my options if I want to avoid the hassle of recharging tags individually?
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 09:49   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I have an SBI account but it doesn't look like they offer Fastag (couldn't find any online links).
I don't have any bank account with popular banks that offer Fastag
Strongly advise NOT to go for SBI Fastag. Pathetic service (actually it doesn't exist). One of my relatives had SBI tag and was never able to close the tag after sale of the car. There was no customer care and no support system

You can explore ICICI, even if you don't have bank account. AFAIK they do offer multiple fastag (for multiple cars) in a single account/wallet.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st February 2024 at 09:54.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 10:07   #225
BHPian

https://www.indiatoday.in/business/s...082-2024-02-01

I hope PayTM's issues get resolved, I feel it is a good app for UPI and wallet payments, better than GooglePay.

As regards FASTag, I will stick to ICICI FASTag as the best. I am very happy with it, works flawlessly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks