Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.04%
Axis Bank 7 2.46%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 19.01%
ICICI Bank 134 47.18%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.73%
Induslnd bank 3 1.06%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.52%
State Bank of India 10 3.52%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 15:55   #61
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

I live in Hyderabad now and own the Paytm fastag. The ordering and delivery system was seamless and I use it at least twice a week when I drop my wife to school or drive to the airport to pick or drop someone from the family. It works like a charm and has significantly reduced the wait time and the stress of carrying change. I was always a cashless fellow and this ensures I don't have to worry about stopping at an ATM every time I touch the highway. 10/10 for implementation on the outer ring road in Hyderabad. The 24-hour window for returns work seamlessly and I have not seen any overcharging issues.
Old 26th February 2020, 16:11   #62

We got it from the Maruti Suzuki Arena dealership when we recently got new swift. I thought it was free of cost. But found out later that the cost is included in mandatory kit from dealer. It was Axis Bank tag. I do not have any Axis Bank account. I opened an online fast tag account through Axis Bank website. By doing that I was able to link my fast tag wallet ID to the Axis bank fast tag account. I'm able to recharge it through UPI payment options and other bank options too. In the beginning when I went to Axis Bank, they said I wont be able to recharge without Axis Bank account.

Last edited by syedyaseer : 26th February 2020 at 16:30. Reason: Rephrase
Old 26th February 2020, 16:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

Ordered 2 fastags for 2 vehicles from Kotak online, account was created on same day and dispatched on the next and in my hands on 3rd day. reloading was easy and no issues in detection
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 16:25   #64
BHPian

Voted for IDFC.

I got my Fastag installed many many months ago.. before the rule was made.
And my journey was not so great that time. I applied twice with ICICI, where I have my account. But there was no response. Also I tried to reach out to them through call centre etc but all attempts failed.

Then I visited a counter near Electronic City flyover and got it done. During that period, the awareness and usage in general was not common.

My experience so far

Good
- Very standard process like a bank account opening. That's ok.
- Generating statements is easy

Improvements needed
- The online portal experience needs serious improvement - especially for payment recharge.
- The interface is not good for mobile at all. Desktop is ok.

Quick Tip
- I am now using Samsung Pay to recharge the account. It has taken away all the hassle of going to the website et.
Old 26th February 2020, 16:25   #65
BHPian

Voted for ICICI tag.

I was a late entrant in buying fastag. Bought it only in November end last year. As usual, I went through all the posts in the thread “Fastag: All you need to know about procuring & Using it” in Team BHP and decided to go with ICICI tag.

Buying the tag online was a breeze. No hassles in completing the online form and uploading required documents. My account was created within a day and tag was delivered in a week.

I was able to utilize the tag only last week when I traveled from Chennai to my native place. The toll deductions were smooth, and messages were prompt (though some messages were delayed 20- 30 min.). Overall, it was a good experience with ICICI tag.
Old 26th February 2020, 16:52   #66
BHPian

Voted for ICICI Bank.

Registered online, uploaded documents, delivered in 4 days.

I recharge via UPI which takes around 30 seconds flat.
Toll cross notifications have a lag time of 15-20 minutes.

Last edited by nasa_hubble : 26th February 2020 at 17:02.
Old 26th February 2020, 17:18   #67
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
IDFC
I think IDFC Bank did assertive marketing and offered good discounts with instant activation of fastag, to the corporate employees. I had received such mailers with offers from my company.
Old 26th February 2020, 17:32   #68
BHPian

Paytm. Because I don't like auto debts from my bank account for blanket transactions. And I hate having money lying around in too many wallets. I already had a paytm account which I auto refill from my bank account. The process was easy since the car dealer did it for me.
Old 26th February 2020, 18:27   #69
BHPian

Has anyone gotten multiple vehicles under one fastag wallet? I am about to finalize with Kotak for fastag wallet for 10 vehicles (commercial vehicles and cars). They provide vehicle wise statements and toll gets deducted for all vehicles from the same wallet. So it is easy to load money and maintain the balance.
Old 26th February 2020, 20:17   #70

Voted for Equitas fastag. 2 years back gave a missed call to the number listed on one of the toll plaza. The very next day representative from Equitas called me and asked few documents over email along with a payment of 500 rupees to fastag account. Once payment is made, within a week tag reached to my address over courier and all other processes went smooth. Initially they used to charge transaction fee additionally while recharging the tags, but once UPI is enabled, transaction fee too can be avoided. Since i had a smooth process in getting the fastag and activation, My vote goes for Equitas.
Old 26th February 2020, 20:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharc_biker View Post
Has anyone gotten multiple vehicles under one fastag wallet?
Yes, i have three vehicles, two with Gujarat registration and one with Tamil Nadu registration under one wallet. HDFC Fastag. I think every service provider would provide that facility.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 21:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

Paytm because it’s pretty convenient and straight forward since I use it for most of the payments through wallet / UPI linked to my account. Makes it a breeze to recharge and zoom past any toll

Registration was pretty smooth too and I got the fast tag within 15 days of my registration. Just had to provide RC doc on the portal and voila fast tag attached to my windshield at ease!

Highly recommended due to user friendly nature of the app and recharge process linked to wallet itself.

Regards

RV
Old 26th February 2020, 22:33   #73
BHPian

Voted for ICICI since that's what the Dealer had tied up with.
Did not link the FastTag to my bank account since I don't like the idea of Auto-Debits.

The Tag is read in a jiffy at all the tolls encountered so far. My only gripe is with other road users.

People paying by cash are still quite a lot and they all keep on getting in the FastTag lane. Also, there are quite a lot of users who have inadequate balance and that beats the purpose of having a FastTag lane altogether. Such people should be fined and fined heavily in my humble view.
Old 26th February 2020, 22:53   #74
BHPian

I voted for 'Other' since I'm using a bank neutral NHAI issued FASTag. Reason why I went with this option is that I fear linking my bank account for auto-debit. Of course there is an option of wallets in some of the bank ones too but just the fact of having a bank dependent Tag did not appeal to me. I stopped using PayTM a couple of years back when the KYC drama played out. Have enough of KYCs to maintain already and didn't want another one added that I need to keep maintaining. Also, not sure how seamless the process of de-linking a bank-issued Tag would be in the event of selling off the car in future.
So far I've used the FASTag about 5-6 times in Dec-Jan. Except for once, the scanners failed to read the tag and it had to be scanned using a hand-held device. Does nothing to reduce lines & congestion at the toll gates. Once on the Pune-Mumbai expressway even after scanning with a hand-held device the toll did not get deducted, so lucky me! Have not been on the highway in the past 1 month so am not sure if the FASTag experience is any different or better now.
Old 26th February 2020, 23:39   #75
BHPian

I have voted for ICICI bank. I am using it on my vehicles and the experience is pretty smooth and hassle free.

Except for some uneducated riders coming and clogging fastag path, never ever I was stranded because of issues with ICICI fastag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks