Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.04%
Axis Bank 7 2.46%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 19.01%
ICICI Bank 134 47.18%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.73%
Induslnd bank 3 1.06%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.52%
State Bank of India 10 3.52%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2020, 23:45   #31
UMe
BHPian

re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

I voted for Paytm.
Paytm linked wallet is easy to maintain and adding money to the wallet is quick too. Good user interface in the app.
My first paytm fastag order was cancelled by paytm itself (it was the time of heavy rush in getting fastag), quite understandable. Although the order was cancelled and refund was provided, the deposit of Rs 150 was still linked to my fastag wallet. Subsequently, when I re-ordered on on later date, I could get a total of Rs 300 wallet balance
Old 26th February 2020, 05:33   #32
BHPian

My vote goes to ICICI. The entire process has been seamless so far. Did a couple of trips after getting my tag. I usually get an sms within 10minutes of crossing a toll and recharging is pretty simple also.
Satish Pari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 07:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Paytm for two reasons -

1. You can have tags for multiple cars linked to the same wallet, not always seamless in other providers eg axis from a few years back.

2. The wallet money isn’t stuck there waiting for your next highway trip, you can pay for groceries, restaurant bills or whatever using the same wallet.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 09:39   #34
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

I have voted for ICICI.

Have been using the same for the past 12 months and the user interface, recharging the wallet and reports are awesome.

The reports provided by ICICI is wonderful.
Old 26th February 2020, 10:01   #35
BHPian

I think it completely depends on your mental availability (to pick what's easy/offered in a click) and the physical availability (I wouldn't go to a new service provider when my paytm account / bank account linked FastTag is offered).

Also the fact that we cannot change numbers/take multiple cards makes a "favourite" impossible because you cannot change or choose or migrate as far as I know.

So I think most of us like me, would choose the one that's the easiest to procure, without much thought.
Old 26th February 2020, 10:30   #36
BHPian

Have voted for ICICI. Key reasons being -
1) When I applied for fastag, paytm and icici were the only ones who issued fastag. Since I have an icici account, getting the fastag was a smooth process since they already had my KYC etc.
2) I get sms (with a lag sometimes) and emails from icici after deduction at toll plazas
3) the online interface is good. Recharge and account statements are easily available
4) Cashbacks are received at the end of the quarter

Cons:
1) There is no mobile app for icici fastag. There is a "my fastag" app which is a common app for all fastags which has been developed by NHAI. But the app does not provide any functionality and is extremely basic.
Old 26th February 2020, 10:42   #37

I have been using Equitas Small Finance Bank fastag. They had a tie up with the showroom from where i purchased my car. No troubles whatsoever for last 1 year. Havent used any other fastags, so cant comment on them.

One advantage is that you can have multiple tag associated with the same username. So recharging and managing multiple tags is a breeze.
Old 26th February 2020, 10:43   #38

Got fastag from ICICI when they were the only provider. Got the tag in 3 days after applying, and have been recharging, over their portal. Initially had some hiccups, where recharging was done to CUG, and then transferred to particular vehicle. Later, their app as well as portal and easy to use and track expenditure. Earlier used to receive cashback of 7.5% earlier for every quarter. Now i think the scheme has been removed.
Old 26th February 2020, 10:47   #39
BHPian

I use Paytm since it was quite convenient to get hold of one in the early days and there were good cashback offers back then. Also, being linked to the regular paytm wallet helps things.

However, I must say that their customer service was virtually non-existent when I wanted their help sometime back, so that's probably a concern for anyone opting for Paytm.

One related question here- do any of the fastags have the provision of paying for return/two-way journey instead of one-way at any toll booth? For example, if the rate for one-way crossing is 20 INR and that for two-way (on the same day, of course) is 30 INR, do we get charged 30 or 40 INR if we return the same day?
Old 26th February 2020, 10:59   #40
BHPian

I opted for ICICI Bank, applied online, got it delivered flawlessly (though it took 8 working days IIRC). Chose them ICICI because I'm comfortable with their online processes. Worth mentioning that I faced an excess charge on a recent trip, I was able to raise the chargeback request online and was resolved also within 10 - 12 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lm View Post
One related question here- do any of the fastags have the provision of paying for return/two-way journey instead of one-way at any toll booth? For example, if the rate for one-way crossing is 20 INR and that for two-way (on the same day, of course) is 30 INR, do we get charged 30 or 40 INR if we return the same day?
I believe this should be working with ALL providers (as it would be a feature of the FasTAG system itself, not any individual provider). I experienced this (toll booth charged me full toll (Rs. 30) on 1st leg of the journey and then passing the second leg, I got Rs. zero deducted message). Similarly, Mumbai-Pune Expressway my journey fare was correctly calculated on on my way towards Pune, where only the correct differential amount was deducted at the Talegaon Booth. Likewise I believe it should be working for return journey fares as well.

Of course, there have been errors as well (as I mentioned in my above post).

Last edited by //HB : 26th February 2020 at 11:11.
//HB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 11:01   #41
BHPian

I voted for others. I bought Airtel FASTag for my Baleno. Though the dispatch was delayed and I received it four weeks after order, their service is very simple to use. Had no issues with respect to recharging or using it.

My dad's car has Axis bank, which has been a pain while recharging through their portal.
Old 26th February 2020, 11:02   #42
BHPian

I ended up getting mine from HDFC Bank. I have my primary account there and ended up using them by "default". I prefer to limit the number of institutions I deal / have accounts with for convenience & privacy reasons.

However I would not recommend HDFC Bank.

First, their online application process was pathetic. The system would get often get stuck in between steps. Once I made it to payment stage but something went wrong post payment. They don't even give clear error messages, so I was left wondering if my application had gone through or not. (Customer support being non-existent, covered later below). I waited a couple of days and finally figured that lack of a e-mail receipt / acknowledgement means the process has likely failed.
Applied again as I really needed the Tag for an upcoming trip. This time made it through to end (seems like they'd finally fixed the bugs). Thankfully the first payment had indeed failed & was reversed in due course.

Second, the delivery experience: They delivered the Tag almost 2 weeks later than the promised date.

Third, non-existent customer support: I tried to contact them - first for the initial (failed) application status and later for an ETA on my fasttag. They had a dedicated "Fastag" helpline, but looks like they forgot to staff it! Half the time you can't even connect to it and when you do, it just keeps ringing or puts you on indefinite hold. No replies to queries sent via an online help form either.

Must say, did not expect such a shabby experience from HDFC.
gautam109 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 11:14   #43
BHPian

Voted for Equitas. Everything is seamless from loading the money to the wallet and works every time. I desperately want an iOS app. Sick of loading the money from the Web every time/Mom's android.

I was used to swiggy's UPI payment method, i.e, You pay by UPI and the order is confirmed without going to swiggy app again. This being the web portal, I had to return back to the website to confirm the payment. A couple of times, I missed returning back to the website and I had to pay in cash. Although the money deducted was refunded back.
Old 26th February 2020, 11:21   #44
BHPian

Voted for other's as i am using airtel fastag provided by airtel payments bank. I procured it from a toll plaza. So far the experience has been good. Loading money in airtel payments bank is smooth & hassle free.
Old 26th February 2020, 11:29   #45
BHPian

I voted for HDFC fastag because I have not got a chance to use others. The Tata car dealer offered only HDFC fastag when I bought my Tiago in last November. I have used that few times on Agra - Lucknow expressway and some other places in UP as well. It works as expected and I am quite satisfied with that. It’s easy to recharge online on desktop version then the mobile one. I will always prefer to load my wallet than auto debit from my bank account.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks