Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2024, 08:45   #6481
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Revision (increase) of Toll rates in selected toll plazas from Apr 01
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot-20240320-8.34.558239am.png
Doesn't election rules apply for NHAI Toll rates
Old 20th March 2024, 11:10   #6482
BHPian

Hello Everybody, I require some guidance regarding a Fast Tag dispute.

On 26th Dec 2023 I had recharged my vehicle Fast Tag issued by HDFC via my ICICI mobile app. the amount was deducted and the same reflected on my ICICI transaction statement. However, the same was not credited to my vehicles Fast Tag!

I contacted both banks numerous times. ICICI claims that the amount has been debited & HDFC claims there is NO record of that transaction, Fast Tag helpline said they can not help me in this regard. After a lot of back and forth there has been NO further progress.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this dispute?
Old 20th March 2024, 12:00   #6483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
I contacted both banks numerous times... After a lot of back and forth there has been NO further progress.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this dispute?
Bank customer care is trained to stonewall. After 1-2 token attempts you should escalate to the bank's nodal officer and later on to RBI's ombudsman.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 12:57   #6484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Bank customer care is trained to stonewall. After 1-2 token attempts you should escalate to the bank's nodal officer and later on to RBI's ombudsman.
I did call the RBI ombudsman's office and they gave me an email id to mail to, did that and attached the email exchanges, later got a reply that my case was being cancelled due to insufficient supporting documentation!
Old 20th March 2024, 13:41   #6485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
I did call the RBI ombudsman's office and they gave me an email id to mail to, did that and attached the email exchanges, later got a reply that my case was being cancelled due to insufficient supporting documentation!
You have to follow their process. They have a form you need to fill up. You must also need to show that you have put in sufficient effort to resolve your issue with the bank directly (so include tickets and escalations you have raised with the bank and related correspondence).

The one time I had to do this - within 24 hours of sending off the email to the ombudsman I got a call from a bank official who vowed to resolve my issue - and within 3 days he managed to do it, something I had been following up with the bank for ~6 months by then.
Old 29th March 2024, 21:26   #6486
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an ICICI Fastag Account that has 2 tags, one for each car.
To recharge using UPI, I can use the format netc.vehiclenumber@icici, but I guess the amount will hit the wallet associated with my Fastag account.

Is there a way I can directly specify the Tag to be recharged ?
Old 29th March 2024, 21:38   #6487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
To recharge using UPI, I can use the format netc.vehiclenumber@icici, but I guess the amount will hit the wallet associated with my Fastag account.
Why do you think so? Give it a try with a ₹1 transfer.

With my Equitas tags/wallet it hits the tag account of the specified vehicle.
Old 2nd April 2024, 15:07   #6488
BHPian

ICICI FASTag is providing options for Full KYC up-gradation through vkyc. Once you log in to the ICICI FASTag portal, there is a pop up - which ask do you want to do Full KYC and if hit yes. Then it takes to the KYC page. 3 self explanatory steps to be followed
Step 1 - FASTag User ID or Mobile number (with OTP verification) and Vehicle number validation
Step 2 - Fill in details about Job, Salary, Education, etc
Step 3 - PAN details, Aadhaar details to be filled in and verified based on Aadhar OTP
After that update the communication address if different from Permanent address ( pulled from Aadhaar database) or select same as permanent address. Then click & accept the T&Cs and finally click on proceed to vkyc.
Based on the device and browser, it will ask for Audio, video and Geo location sharing permissions.
[In case of device/browser related issues, a standard message with compatible device/browser details and a copiable link will appear - you can copy that link and use the appropriate browser]
Once everything is compatible, it will connect the Agent.
You need to have the physical copy of PAN card and a white paper with Black/Blue pen.
The Agent will verify DoB, other details filled in Step 2 and then ask to show the PAN card in front of the camera, take a pic from agent's end. Then Agent will ask to sign in the white paper and show it in front of the camera, take a pic from their end and will close the call saying they will verify and update.
You will get an sms shortly on the Full KYC status.
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 16:26   #6489
BHPian

Hi all, can anyone please guide me on how to get Commercial Vehicle Fastags? Previously had Paytm, now only Kotak offers it but the issue is once if the Kotak account holder has a Private Vehicle Fastag they cannot open a B2B / Commercial Vehicle Fastag apparently (according to customer care). ICICI & HDFC are doing only Private Vehicle Fastags.

I cannot apply for Commercial Vehicle Fastag through another Kotak account since all of them I know with a Kotak account already have Pvt Vehicle Fastags. Kindly advice.
Old 2nd April 2024, 17:15   #6490
BHPian

Hi all, since many of us had Paytm fastag and with RBI restrictions many of us will be changing the fastag. My query is how remove the fastag sticker completely from windshield? After removal some part of the fastag is still on the windshield.
Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2024, 17:30   #6491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi all, since many of us had Paytm fastag and with RBI restrictions many of us will be changing the fastag. My query is how remove the fastag sticker completely from windshield? After removal some part of the fastag is still on the windshield.
Thanks.
I very recently removed my PayTM Fastag and here's how I did it.

Using the tip of a scalpel, I carefully lifted a corner off of the windscreen and then continued to lift up the sticker until I had enough to grip on to with two fingers. Very carefully, I peeled the whole thing back and had most of the adhesive come off, but small patches remained on the windscreen which I then scraped off with the scalpel. Any remaining patches were tiny and came off nice and clean with some rubbing alcohol and a microfiber towel.

I'm happy to point out that there were absolutely no scratches on the glass at the end of this procedure.
arnieshwartz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 17:40   #6492
phi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
I very recently removed my PayTM Fastag and here's how I did it.
I followed a similar process, with a few changes:

- Also applied heat on the tag from inside and outside using a hair dryer - that made it a littler easier to peel, and the amount of material left on the glass was less.
- I used nail polish remover (acetone) with a micro fiber cloth to remove the rest. Be very careful to not let acetone touch other interior surfaces though.
phi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 13:16   #6493
Distinguished - BHPian

Crunch time now:

‘One Vehicle, One FASTag’ rule is here; all extra tags will be deactivated

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...ivated-2962688

https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/n...-fastag-status
Old 5th April 2024, 21:59   #6494
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone fixed the fastag on the extreme left side of the windshield? Works well?

I have the dash cam stuck on the driver's side and don't want to reposition it. Also, positioning it on the left side is looking quite asymmetric and hence want to put it under the 2 stickers (RTO and non-polluting vehicle stickers) on the left side.

Last edited by saket77 : 5th April 2024 at 22:16.
Old 5th April 2024, 22:37   #6495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Has anyone fixed the fastag on the extreme left side of the windshield? Works well?
Yes, I have a relative who has stuck a Fastag on the left side of the windshield (he has a dashcam installed behind the rearview mirror).
I have travelled with him twice, and both times it was scanned successfully.
It's Magic is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks