Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2024, 09:15   #6451
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Moved from Paytm to HDFC which was quite seamless. Paytm closed and refunded the deposit after 5 days (no follow up needed). Will be using the HDFC for the first time over the weekend and hoping for a smooth ride, similar to Paytm which worked very well.
Old 23rd February 2024, 17:12   #6452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
I initiated closure of my PayTM fastag and applied for a new one on 18th.
Now, the status in the PayTM app is "closure initiated". ICICI has issued a tag (I have not yet received it).
When I check the status in NETC portal the following status is shown
Attachment 2574637

My question is how can 2 tags be active? Does this mean, once I received the new ICICI fastag, I can start using it immediately? (I have destroyed the paytm fastag).
I have escalated the same to PAYTM customer care for my vehicle fastag account closure after verifying the status from npci.org, please check "Your Tickets" resolved/open and keep screenshot for backup in case if they mentioned remove fastag from vehicle & destroy immediately.
SVMBLR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 19:20   #6453
BHPian

I initiated the closure of my Paytm Fastag that came with the vehicle on Feb 16th. It is still not closed and the money not refunded yet.

I went ahead and ordered a new Fastag from the Amazon Pay facility to get the ICICI one. The application process was smooth and I received the tag via courier in just 2 days. I downloaded their Etoll app and found that their "wallet" and "tag balance" are entirely 2 different things.

And, just as I expected, there seems to be no co-branding with Amazon Pay. So, I guess I will just recharge the tag normally using UPI transactions and begin using it.

Quick question though. Is it absolutely mandatory that we must stick the tag to the windshield directly? Given the struggle I went through in removing the old tag (the dealership had done a real nice job of putting the tag perfectly behind the IRVM), maybe I could just stick it on a clear sheet of plastic (like the ones they use for lamination) and stick that using a easily removable, clear double tape on the sides alone. Any suggestions from anyone who found a better way to do it?
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 20:11   #6454
BHPian

Until last year, I was using FASTag from Paytm for both my 2014 VW Jetta as well as the 2013 Honda Brio until they were sold off by the end of the year. I found it seamless to use as I already had a Paytm wallet and just loading the money to the wallet was sufficient to use the FASTag as well and they had a shared pool which could be used for other purchases as well.

However, when I bought my 2023 Skoda Kodiaq in Dec 2023, the dealer had issued a HDFC FASTag. Since I had to make a long trip the very next day early morning in the new car, I was left with no choice but to get it activated before taking delivery of the car so that I could recharge and use it for the trip. Nevertheless, I had planned to change it to Paytm after I was back from the trip and the RC book was available, so I had instructed the dealer not to stick it to the windshield. But, after using the HDFC FASTtag for the trip (over 10 days), and recharging through GPay, I have adapted to it, so I never went ahead with the replacement with Paytm and decided to retain the HDFC one.

The only drawback of the HDFC FASTag in comparison to Paytm is that the amount that is loaded to the FASTag wallet is not available for other purchases, since I don't have an account with HDFC and did not want to register for one just for this sake.

In hindsight, it was good that I chose not to move from HDFC to Paytm - and avoided all the confusion around the current situation with Paytm.
Old 24th February 2024, 21:39   #6455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
I loved the convinience of the Paytm Fastag. Keep money in wallet, link to multiple Fastags and it auto deducts from the wallet (which i was anyhow using for a lot of things). The only other option that seems to do this is the Amazon-ICICI Fastag. Am i missing something? I definitely want to avoid the hassel and getting money stuck in the 2-3 fastags that i need to get for me and my family.
Amazon - ICICI fastag doesn't have a single wallet that can be attached to multiple tags.
Immix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 08:37   #6456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
Amazon - ICICI fastag doesn't have a single wallet that can be attached to multiple tags.
If you download the Etoll app from ICICI for your tags, you will see a wallet which can be used to recharge multiple tags on their balances. Of course it doesn't use Amazon Pay but it is there.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 09:40   #6457
BHPian

Quote:
You are right they've changed it. Initially this used to say that it would pick money from the Amazon wallet similar to what paytm fastag used to do. Again then i guess nothing still offers the convinience of one shared wallet across multiple fastags (and other spends). Let me search for Airtel and all also
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20240225_093627_amazon.jpg  

izzikio_rage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 17:46   #6458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
If you download the Etoll app from ICICI for your tags, you will see a wallet which can be used to recharge multiple tags on their balances. Of course it doesn't use Amazon Pay but it is there.
I have 4 fastags with 4 different customer IDs but attached to the same mobile number. In the eToll app, I can access all 4 fastags with a single login using my mobile number. However I have to select a customer ID tomsee the fastag attached to that ID. I can't see all 4 fastags accounts in a single screen. So I recharged the wallet of one of my fastags, but when I select a different customer ID to access another fastag account, I see that the wallet attached to that fastag does not have any balance. This means that all 4 fastags have different wallet accounts.

I understand that there is a way to have multiple fastag accounts linked to a single customer ID but I can't find anyway to now move all my fastags under a single customer ID. This will likely solve atleast one issue but someone here mentioned that in order to do so one has to find an ICICI fastag guy at a toll booth and then he may be able to link all fastag to one customer ID but that again is a hassle.

I also do not have an ICICI Bank account so even if I somehow get an unified wallet for all 4 of my fastags, I won't be able to auto top up. I therefore now will have to look for another fastag provider. I tried to open an Airtel Payments Bank account - I have an Airtel postpaid a/c, entered PAN, Aadhaar, uploaded a selfie, but got an error that the KYC details are not valid as per bank rules . This entire ordeal is so frustrating.
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 19:32   #6459
BHPian

Quote:
I have 4 fastags with 4 different customer IDs... This entire ordeal is so frustrating.
I hear you and understand the hassle. I have found that the easier way to recharge the tag is use its own UPI ID from Gpay or similar app directly, instead of using any wallet.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 10:31   #6460
BHPian

Quote:
I also do not have an ICICI Bank account so even if I somehow get an unified wallet for all 4 of my fastags, I won't be able to auto top up. I therefore now will have to look for another fastag provider. I tried to open an Airtel Payments Bank account - I have an Airtel postpaid a/c, entered PAN, Aadhaar, uploaded a selfie, but got an error that the KYC details are not valid as per bank rules . This entire ordeal is so frustrating.
If you log into the ICICI Fastag web interface (I don't know about the app), there is a provision for auto recharge using UPI mandate. Check under the payments tab> Standing Instructions for UPI. I don't use this method as I have an ICICI account and auto top-up has been enabled using that method for a while now, but it may be worth looking into it.
Old 26th February 2024, 11:22   #6461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
If you log into the ICICI Fastag web interface (I don't know about the app), there is a provision for auto recharge using UPI mandate. Check under the payments tab> Standing Instructions for UPI. I don't use this method as I have an ICICI account and auto top-up has been enabled using that method for a while now, but it may be worth looking into it.
That option is not useful at least to me. It is just a recurring auto recharge every month, 2 months etc. depending on the frequency you choose. There is no option to auto recharge if the wallet balance goes below a certain threshold.
Immix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 10:17   #6462
BHPian

Contrary to other members actions, I loaded my Paytm wallet with further amount, so that I can keep going without any hiccups of changing the tag in the coming months. It is clearly given that only loading of money will be restricted and not the withdrawal. Hence I took this stand. Also, expecting some sort of extension or respite, so that I need not change something which is working perfectly for me.
gotoguru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 14:32   #6463
BHPian

IDFC Fastag now comes up with some Max program, the charge 300 rupees is going to be yearly - Does anybody have any idea ?

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-idfc-fastag.jpg
Old 29th February 2024, 12:05   #6464

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
Contrary to other members actions, I loaded my Paytm wallet with further amount, so that I can keep going without any hiccups of changing the tag in the coming months. It is clearly given that only loading of money will be restricted and not the withdrawal. Hence I took this stand. Also, expecting some sort of extension or respite, so that I need not change something which is working perfectly for me.
I have taken this path as well. My toll road usage is limited; for the occasional highway forays, I guess relying on the perfectly working Paytm fastag is simpler than changing into a new one. Fingers crossed on the extensions.
The Falconist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 13:16   #6465
UMe
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
Is the icici wallet balance independent of the fastag balance? I mean, I recharged using wallet option, but still Rs 50 was deducted from fastag balance Rs 200.

Iam still getting used to ICICI fastag. I was using paytm 's, wherein the toll was getting deducted from wallet balance and the fastag balance was always maintained as 150 or so.
Anyone has any idea, before I reachout to the folks at customer care.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20240301_130131_imobile-pay.jpg  

Last edited by UMe : 1st March 2024 at 13:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks