Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2021, 00:09   #5761
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I have carried my SIM associated with the ICICI Fastag, abroad. They might have tried to reach me without success. Is there anyways for us to contact ICICI for the replacement of older tags?

Could you please share the contacts of the ICICI Bommanahalli branch?
I don’t think going to a branch will help much for things related to Fastag. The ICICI Fastag helpline guys (they have a dedicated Fastag helpline number) are very pro active and calling them should resolve the issue and you will get the clarification regarding the tag replacement as well, if any.
Old 10th July 2021, 04:12   #5762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Why are they replacing en masse? What is different about the new style tags?
The new tags are bigger compared to the old ones.
The new ones are detected quicker by the scanners at the toll.
Post #5735 has the images of old and new tags.
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 15:16   #5763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Old Fastag - Replacement initiated by ICICI

Removed the old tag and placed the new tag with help of adhesive tape as earlier, to avoid issues in removal in case of windshield crack, tag turning damaged.
What in case the old tag was not affixed using adhesive tape? Is the removal of the old tag an easy process without damage to glass and without any traces.
Old 14th July 2021, 16:15   #5764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
What in case the old tag was not affixed using adhesive tape?
It will be as easy / difficult while removing any sticker which is fixed on windshield. No specific issues, only problem is if the antennae part of the tag gets stuck on glass, it will give a metallic / aluminum shade which may be difficult to remove than glue.

If old tag is not required, you can pull that off, preferably when windshield is warm in sun, so that glue is easier to peel off. Once its done, you can clean any left over glue using regular glass cleaning solution.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:16   #5765
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Even after a month since the old tag was deactivated, I haven't received any call from ICICI, this is the part that sucks
I think I have to visit their Bommanahalli branch in Bangalore to have this resolved, though I will try the phone/customer service route first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could you please share the contacts of the ICICI Bommanahalli branch?
I called ICICI Fastag customer care and as expected the executive says "our system shows that you have returned a damaged tag and it has been replaced with a new one" I then explained that I still have the tag pasted on the car windshield, it's not damaged and I did not ask for replacement! I asked the executive to put in a request for the new tag to be delivered by courier to my address. After putting my call on hold for 5 minutes, the executive says these transactions have been done at the local POS location and I have to visit them to get the new tag.

As mentioned earlier, this is indeed the Bommanahalli branch that I need to visit. Found the address in the ICICI Fastag website:
ICICI BANK LTD., 4/10, MYTHREE TOWER, BOMMANHALLI, HOUSR MAIN ROAD, BENGALURU, BENGALURU-560068
Old 18th July 2021, 13:30   #5766
BHPian

FASTAG is a boon! Also, have been using the ICICI one in all my vehicles since 2017 and have never encountered a problem even once anywhere across states. Perhaps they had the first-mover advantage, but the infrastructure that ICICI has built up for FASTAG services is top class. (This is from personal experience, not promoting any brand here).

I have heard so many family and friends complaining about the FASTAGs from PayTM, Airtel etc where the balance miraculously disappears and sometimes even the TAG itself shows up as blacklisted during travels despite having sufficient balance.

The annoying part however is that these toll-plazas have still not acted upon the govt directive to penalise idiots who get in to the dedicated FASTAG lane and then keep fiddling for change thereby creating long lines of cars behind. For those of us who opted for this service for the ease of moving through toll-nakas without burning fuel and pulling-our-hair, this makes me extremely angry! Everytime I ask the toll guy why they just let the concerned offender go ahead without any action, they have a static reply: "Sahab, kaun jhagda karega, chhodo na!" Just makes my blood boil! Escalating it to the Manager and making a register-entry has never yielded results too!
Old 19th July 2021, 10:15   #5767
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I logged in to the Fastag account today and see 3 transactions on the same day I received the SMS in June. So, looks like "my" tag has been replaced with another one, most likely some other customer's tag is now linked. However, balance seems to be the same, and there are no more toll transactions[/ATTACH]
My ordeal with ICICI Fastag continues. When I called Customer care last week, I was told that I will need to visit the Bommanahalli POS location to get the new tag. Now, when I login to my account, the portal does not show the transactions related to tag blacklisting and subsequent replacement with a new tag in the Activity History (from June first week) that I had mentioned earlier Status of the tag is active as well and the tag serial number is the same old one that I currently have, so now not sure if I can now use the same tag ?
Old 19th July 2021, 10:36   #5768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Just makes my blood boil! Escalating it to the Manager and making a register-entry has never yielded results too!
Just register your complaint in this website, they will inquire and provide you answers, also would take action against toll operator if any, based on my experince. https://pgportal.gov.in/Home/LodgeGrievance
Old 19th July 2021, 10:47   #5769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My ordeal with ICICI Fastag continues. When I called Customer care last week, I was told that I will need to visit the Bommanahalli POS location to get the new tag. Now, when I login to my account, the portal does not show the transactions related to tag blacklisting and subsequent replacement with a new tag in the Activity History (from June first week) that I had mentioned earlier Status of the tag is active as well and the tag serial number is the same old one that I currently have, so now not sure if I can now use the same tag ?
This is pathetic.

ICICI is supposed to be one of the better providers for fastag. I would suggest you cancel the ICICI tag and get the PayTM fastag. Just write off any balance money in the ICICI tag account. Their customer service is poor.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 11:43   #5770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
[ICICI's] customer service is poor.
If you think ICICI's customer service is poor, just wait till you have to deal with PayTM's.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 13:29   #5771
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My ordeal with ICICI Fastag continues.
This was too stressful but luckily I could manage to take the morning off from work and visit the Bommanahalli branch. Luckily, the place had parking, crowd was less, all customers were seated and Covid protocols were in place. I was directed to the back of the building where the receptionist took my contact information and asked me to speak to the lone Fastag executive who was assisting another customer. When my turn came and I explained the situation, he asked for the vehicle number, logged in via his phone app (admin) and it did show that the old tag has been deactivated! When I asked for details of what was happening, he sheepishly said all tags have an expiry date and mine had expired (I had taken it back in 2015).

He just pulled out a tag from his shirt pocket, entered the details on the app and said I was good to go and start using the tag! I didn't want to spend any more time there and quickly thanked him and headed back home. All done in an hour and a half, so not bad at all for a 25Km round trip!

Now I need to remove the old tag, it was pasted on the windshield by the executive himself back when I got it in 2015. I hope it's not difficult to remove without a struggle or damage to the glass. This time I will use a plastic sheet and paste that instead so that removal becomes easy and I can also experiment the location of the tag if needed.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th July 2021 at 15:48. Reason: as requested
Old 19th July 2021, 13:31   #5772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If you think ICICI's customer service is poor, just wait till you have to deal with PayTM's.
Absolutely. When we got the Jeep Compass in 2018, it came with a pre-installed PayTM Fastag. Took a trip twice and got stranded at the toll lane, once it just showed up as insufficient balance (ludicrous, since I always maintain a balance of minimum 1k in all the tags across my vehicles) and the second time it showed up as blacklisted. Escalated to PayTM multiple times, but ended up going around in circles always. Finally, it just got too much and I put the tag into the bin and installed the ICICI one. All my vehicles have an ICICI tag now and fortunately still haven't faced any issues. Touchwood!
Old 19th July 2021, 16:07   #5773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

LOL. Looks like I am mistaken about better customer service from PayTM then.

I guess these companies are fine as long as we do not face any problem. I have PayTM tag on one car and ICICI on the other. Both have been working flawlessly till now. Touch wood.

Quote:
This was too stressful but luckily I could manage to take the morning off from work and visit the Bommanahalli branch.

Good decision that you visited a branch to get the issue sorted. Otherwise your frustration would have extended.

So the tags have expiry date? Any idea when is the expiry of the new tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
...... I always maintain a balance of minimum 1k in all the tags across my vehicles) and the second time it showed up as blacklisted. Escalated to PayTM multiple times, but ended up going around in circles always. Finally, it just got too much and I put the tag into the bin and installed the ICICI one........

I expected better from PayTM, since it is a tech company . But reality is different.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 18:51   #5774
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree about both icici and paytm.

You come to know the true nature of a provider only when you face an issue. For business-as-usual all providers would look alike.

If we are to survey this properly, we should NOT ask the respondents to rate on the basis of whether they faced any problems or not. Rather we should ask on the basis of, if there was a problem, how well was it handled and resolved.

Problems like incorrect charges when not having visited a toll plaza etc are not necessarily the tag provider's fault. But when that happens the quality of services may differentiate one from the other. Not till then.

In my personal experiences ICICI and Paytm are worst of the lot. I now have an IDFC tag and, going by own argument above, it will be too early for me to certify them as good. (With banking, I can definitely say, they have been better than many others, I have named before on the thread. But banking is a different service.)

Last edited by mayuresh : 19th July 2021 at 18:57.
Old 19th July 2021, 18:57   #5775
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
So the tags have expiry date? Any idea when is the expiry of the new tag?
This was one of the questions that was on my mind but the executive gave hints that he is no mood to answer, so I gave up and returned. Long conversations with strangers during this Covid period felt risky too, I just wanted to get out quickly as soon as I had the tag with me!

I had tried contacting an agent with whom I had interacted a few years ago to get the ICICI Fastag for our Wagon R. He isn't with ICICI anymore but he said they're randomly deactivating old tags that are not in use for 3 months or more. Interestingly, he attributed this to an internal effort to fudge tag sales numbers, but I find that hard to believe since this was a free replacement after all!

Last edited by NPV : 19th July 2021 at 19:01.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks