Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2021, 10:32   #5746
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Had mentioned this earlier. Just order non tempered glass screen protector. Stick the tag to the non adhesive side of the screen protector and then stick the screen protector to glass. It will be invisible and you can remove the tag when you want.
Yes, I recollect now. You had mentioned this.

Will hunt now for a non tempered screen protector at local stores. I think these must be hard to get now since tempered glass has taken over the market!?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 14:00   #5747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
That's a brilliant idea! I guess this way, the tag glue will not stick permanently to the tempered glass film and it can be peeled off from the film at a later point?
Once you paste the Tag on the film, it can't be removed. Tag adhesive is equally strong on the film as it's on the glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Will hunt now for a non tempered screen protector at local stores. I think these must be hard to get now since tempered glass has taken over the market!?
Yes non-tempered films are lesser in demand. I remember Mi/ Redmi used to ship screen protection film (non-tempered) in the box with new phones. Not sure about current status.

And temper glass film is a waste for the mobile shop, so they won't mind giving it. Moreover, in my neighbourhood, mobile shops charge just Rs. 70~80 for tempered glass (excluding installation). So, that can also be bought if non-temper film is not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Today I received message from my Fastag provider Kotak Bank informing me of deactivation of my account due to non usage even though account has sufficient funds.

Does Fastag provider have right deactivate account if not used even though account has sufficient funds?
I don't think this is required by government directions. May be bank is trying to be over-cautious. What's the process given for reactivation ?

BTW, what was the last time you used the Tag ? I have FASTag on my beater car, that hasn't been used even once since activation in 2019, but no de-activation message till date (it's PayTM tag).

Last edited by AutoNoob : 6th July 2021 at 14:12. Reason: response to FrozeninTime
Old 6th July 2021, 23:09   #5748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
And temper glass film is a waste for the mobile shop, so they won't mind giving it. Moreover, in my neighbourhood, mobile shops charge just Rs. 70~80 for tempered glass (excluding installation). So, that can also be bought if non-temper film is not available.
Why I specified non-tempered glass film was because of its flexibility and ease of cutting. In addition to this, I have never managed to remove tempered glass off my phone without cracking it. Hence using a plastic screen protector here would help in case you have to remove and repaste it again. I did it for two of my cars due to windshield replacement and dashcam and in both cases it was effortless.
Old 6th July 2021, 23:50   #5749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Why I specified non-tempered glass film was because of its flexibility and ease of cutting. In addition to this, I have never managed to remove tempered glass off my phone without cracking it. Hence using a plastic screen protector here would help in case you have to remove and repaste it again. I did it for two of my cars due to windshield replacement and dashcam and in both cases it was effortless.
May be my post was not clear. Sorry for that.

I am not suggesting about using tempered glass itself, but the plastic film that protects it's adhesive side before installation. It's waste product after tempered glass installation on phone.

Point I wanted to make was if this waste film or non-tempered film is not available, buy a tempered glass. Peel off the film, use it for FASTag and throw the tempered glass. That way also, I'll cost just 70~80 rupees.

Cheers.
Old 7th July 2021, 00:04   #5750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post

I am not suggesting about using tempered glass itself, but the plastic film that protects it's adhesive side before installation.
Point I wanted to make was if this waste film
Nothing to be sorry about, I was just clarifying. But if you use the waste(backing film) that would not have adhesive properties and you will end up using tape or so which would make it look dirty after a while. Hence I didnt understand the idea of using the backing film and assumed you suggested to use the tempered glass itself.
Old 7th July 2021, 01:30   #5751
BHPian

I am using the fasttag without peeling off the sticker but sliding it into a thin transparent plastic pocket which is stuck to my windshield. This permits me to slide out the fasttag if needed. The sticker does not hinder the reading of the fasttag till date.
diyguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 10:07   #5752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I am using the fasttag without peeling off the sticker but sliding it into a thin transparent plastic pocket which is stuck to my windshield. This permits me to slide out the fasttag if needed. The sticker does not hinder the reading of the fasttag till date.
Can you post few pictures please.
Old 7th July 2021, 12:35   #5753
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for some help/suggestions on a weird ICICI Fastag issue:
Back in June first week I received an SMS saying the Tag has been blacklisted. I was quite sure that the balance was ~500 so this should not be the case. After more than a month, I logged in to the Fastag account today and see 3 transactions on the same day I received the SMS in June. So, looks like "my" tag has been replaced with another one, most likely some other customer's tag is now linked. However, balance seems to be the same, and there are no more toll transactions.
Anyone else faced something similar ? How can I get this fixed confidently (read about some recent Fastag phone scams) ?

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.png
Old 8th July 2021, 18:56   #5754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Can you post few pictures please.
Hope these are clear.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1625750701475.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1625750716516.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1625750731131.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1625750749331.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1625750765258.jpg  

Old 9th July 2021, 13:20   #5755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Hope these are clear.
My IDFC First Bank Fastag has Brown backing instead of white translucent one & I intend to use it pasted on the left side of the windshield without removing the 3M butter paper or atleast using a transparent film as suggested above.

I don't know if it will work or not.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-164942.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-164943.jpg

Mod Note : It is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2021 at 05:16. Reason: See mod note
Old 9th July 2021, 13:50   #5756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
I intend to use it pasted on the left side of the windshield
I suggest you experiment it with the position and try with the area behind the center RVM as that is the recommended region. the rfid readers are positioned to look for these tags there too. It can be a bit lower too maybe at the base of the windshield but centrally positioned rather than Left or Right. The idea of using the pocket or sleeve is to be able to adjust the position that works best at the toll gates.
Old 9th July 2021, 15:52   #5757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looking for some help/suggestions on a weird ICICI Fastag issue:
Back in June first week I received an SMS saying the Tag has been blacklisted. I was quite sure that the balance was ~500 so this should not be the case. After more than a month, I logged in to the Fastag account today and see 3 transactions on the same day I received the SMS in June. So, looks like "my" tag has been replaced with another one, most likely some other customer's tag is now linked. However, balance seems to be the same, and there are no more toll transactions.
Anyone else faced something similar ? How can I get this fixed confidently (read about some recent Fastag phone scams) ?

Attachment 2176182
ICICI is replacing all old style fastags with newer ones. They are calling up customers to confirm the address before sending the new ones.
Once confirmed the old tag will be deactivated (in the portal it is shown as blacklisted) and the new tag with will be activated.
Recommend you check with ICICI on this.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 17:21   #5758
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
ICICI is replacing all old style fastags with newer ones. They are calling up customers to confirm the address before sending the new ones.
Once confirmed the old tag will be deactivated (in the portal it is shown as blacklisted) and the new tag with will be activated.
Even after a month since the old tag was deactivated, I haven't received any call from ICICI, this is the part that sucks
I think I have to visit their Bommanahalli branch in Bangalore to have this resolved, though I will try the phone/customer service route first.
Old 9th July 2021, 23:43   #5759
BHPian

Quote:
ICICI is replacing all old style fastags with newer ones.
I have carried my SIM associated with the ICICI Fastag, abroad. They might have tried to reach me without success. Is there anyways for us to contact ICICI for the replacement of older tags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I have to visit their Bommanahalli branch in Bangalore to have this resolved, though I will try the phone/customer service route first.
Could you please share the contacts of the ICICI Bommanahalli branch?
Old 9th July 2021, 23:58   #5760
BHPian

Quote:
Why are they replacing en masse? What is different about the new style tags?

Most Viewed