Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 00:45   #5251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.cs View Post
What is the nearest place in Mumbai to get ICICI Fastag from a toll booth?
Go with PayTM tags. There are many kirana shops selling them and you can find them on the paytm app under the fastag option - "Buy paytm fastag near you"
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:53   #5252
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
I recently bought a new car, the fast tag was not given by the show room guys during the delivery. Is there anyway I can get a fast tag based on VIN No as I have to travel in a week, I won't get registration number before a month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
As far as I remember, it's not possible to get the Fastag without the registration number.
Contact your dealer and ask for the tag. They can allot fastag using the VIN instead of the registration number.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 14:30   #5253
BHPian

Well I went to a Paytm authorised fast tag shop, they issued me a fast tag on temporary number, hope it works. Will update the registration number through Paytm once I get the RC.
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:21   #5254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Go with PayTM tags. There are many kirana shops selling them and you can find them on the paytm app under the fastag option - "Buy paytm fastag near you"
Sorry but i am not sure if you can have multiple fastags for same car. Can you?

I was fairly happy with ICICI tag so was not looking out for a new vendor tag any ways and got my problem sorted.

There is a dedicated ICICI guy sitting at Vashi toll naka. He is present in the location where they sell monthly pass which is when you go from Mumbai to Vashi it'll be on your left hand side before the toll naka. Hardly took 5 mins to get the new replacement tag. Used it in the toll within the next 5 mins and it worked fine. I also saw a lot of Paytm Fastag tents after the Vashi toll.

So in case anyone has an urgent requirement for ICICI Bank tag replacement in Mumbai this is the way out. Otherwise one can just order it online and it'll reach your doorstep in 10 working days.
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:31   #5255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Here is a photo of my FASTag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Thanks, I needed this since I am not too warm of sticking Fastag in the center of the windshield.... I hope no Toll plaza gave you trouble for this location.
I guess this is the Axis Bank's fast tag. You can safely get rid of the paper part of the fast-tag and only have the tag itself with its protective plastic sheet. The paper part of it can be carefully peeled off. This is how it looks on my car's windshield:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img20201031121055.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-dsc09328.jpg

Clean look! And it works well, no issues with toll plaza fast-tag sensors.

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd November 2020 at 17:33.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 18:02   #5256
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Any idea why the tag doesn't work on both the pole mounted sensor and the hand held sensor? The tag was working perfectly fine for the past 1 year and had used in the same toll booth atleast 1 month before.
Please get the vehicle number added instead of the chassis number.

Read my story below to understand my finding

I have been using it every week on Bangalore Electronic City Toll Road for one year and surprisingly I had the same embarassing situation today as I was traveling from Bangalore to Kerala. I passed 6 toll plazas and at NO toll plaza it worked from the pole mounted sensor but it worked with hand held sensor after multiple tries at 3 of them. At one toll plaza I showed them that I have 3k balance and the operator entered the chassis number from the previous SMS and the gate opened. After reaching home, I called the bank and I was told that I have to get the vehicle number added instead of the chassis number which was used when the car was purchased last year.
Last time I travelled out of Bangalore was in 2019 December and this year some time after the FasTag regularisation, it is mandatory to change to vehicle number, though it may continue to work in some toll plazas
sgm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:24   #5257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.cs View Post
Sorry but i am not sure if you can have multiple fastags for same car.
Sure, why not? I have two for one of my cars. One is still unopened, in the original packaging.

When I bought the car (pre-mandatory days) I applied with HDFC Bank. Then some people posted here that HDFC might be planning to exit Fastag business. I also had a Kerala trip coming up, so applied with Paytm as well. Got the latter first, used it for the trip, and the former came in due course a couple of weeks later.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 20:54   #5258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
Please get the vehicle number added instead of the chassis number.

At one toll plaza I showed them that I have 3k balance and the operator entered the chassis number from the previous SMS and the gate opened. After reaching home, I called the bank and I was told that I have to get the vehicle number added instead of the chassis number which was used when the car was purchased last year.
Last time I travelled out of Bangalore was in 2019 December and this year some time after the FasTag regularisation, it is mandatory to change to vehicle number, though it may continue to work in some toll plazas
But wait, can this option be misused by other people? I can imagine toll booth operators telling their friends to use so and so car's number because it has ₹2k balance.

Hope there are proper checks and balances.
Old 5th November 2020, 12:38   #5259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
But wait, can this option be misused by other people? I can imagine toll booth operators telling their friends to use so and so car's number because it has ₹2k balance.

Hope there are proper checks and balances.
The registration number/VIN is used as a method to verify the authenticity of the tag. No tag, no debit, it's that simple. Either the VIN or the registration number will be updated in the tag database. The only way it can be misused is if the database is unscrupulously updated with a different registration number, but this, AFAIK, cannot be done by a toll booth operator.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 14:41   #5260
Senior - BHPian

Can we transfer pre-owned car's fastag on new owner's name? Or is it better to scrap the old one and get a new tag?
Old 9th November 2020, 19:18   #5261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Can we transfer pre-owned car's fastag on new owner's name? Or is it better to scrap the old one and get a new tag?
I would suggest better to take a new tag. I think it can't be transferred - news.

Quote:
FASTag is vehicle specific and once affixed, cannot be transferred. When you sell your vehicle, you can close your FASTag account related to that vehicle.
airbus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 21:33   #5262
BHPian

Hello all!
With the lockdown in place, it's been a long time since a highway trip happened. Have a Chennai-Thrissur trip planned this sunday. But, the problem is I've forgotten the FASTag password and the reset option requires either the wallet ID or Customer ID.

The only number I could find in the tag is the 16-digit RFID number. The tag was procured from HDFC bank.

Any pointers on how to find the wallet or customer ID?

The forgot User ID link in the HDFC site appears to be broken!
Old 11th November 2020, 22:32   #5263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Hello all!
With the lockdown in place, it's been a long time since a highway trip happened. Have a Chennai-Thrissur trip planned this sunday. But, the problem is I've forgotten the FASTag password and the reset option requires either the wallet ID or Customer ID.

The only number I could find in the tag is the 16-digit RFID number. The tag was procured from HDFC bank.

Hi Tojo_GotBhp,

PM me your phone number and vehicle number.
I will provide you the details.
KA18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 00:01   #5264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Hello all!

Can you check your SMS folders ? If the tag was in use prior to the lockdown, I’m assuming that the SMS text of debit when you pass a toll will have something extra as a detail for you to speak with customer care for a reset?
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 00:49   #5265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Hi Tojo_GotBhp,

PM me your phone number and vehicle number.
I will provide you the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Can you check your SMS folders ?
Thanks for the quick reply KA18 and jkrishnakj.
Figured a way to recharge the tag using HDFC PayZap app. The only detail it asked for was vehicle registration number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks