Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 16:42   #3751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Do you guys face problems with Fastag at Bankapur toll? (between Haveri & Hubli)
Is this some scam to make people pay cash? Anyone has experienced this at this toll?
Sometime back, Bankapur toll guys had raised a false dispute saying my car is a truck and had deducted the fare for the truck. I had to raise another dispute to get it back Same happened for another BHPians car which came along with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Other members have early confirmed that it depends on the contracting company. My colleague's experience is on NH66 in Udupi-Mangalore stretch.
The gazette notification of the tolls in the region clearly states that the return journey is valid for 24hrs from first transaction. The single day validity has more or less been eradicated on most tolls unless the agreement is old and has not been renewed. Also, its not in the hands of the toll operator to deduct money from Fastag. They only send the details of the tag ids which have passed through their toll and the deduction is done in the NPCI and bank's end. Since the tags are different for different classes of vehicle, the toll operator cannot charge a different amount of a wrong vehicle class. They too can only raise a dispute only. Same thing applies for return journey as well. If there is a discrepancy in the return charges, it would be due to wrong reporting of time by the Toll operator which can be visible in the tag account history. If the time is correct and still deduction is made then the dispute process is very easy and the refund is made within ten days.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 17:00   #3752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My colleague's experience is on NH66 in Udupi-Mangalore stretch.
I'm still skeptical. If you read the Fastag implementation document from NPCI, it'd be clear that business rules of toll calculation are implemented on a per-toll basis and has no dependency on the mode of payment. Unfortunately these rules themselves are dependent on the concessionaire and booth location that people could get confused (eg: return same calendar day or within 24 hours? multiple up-down tolls or daily pass rate? etc.).
Old 21st November 2019, 17:12   #3753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
However if you use L&T maintained tolls like pallikonda on Blore-Chennai highway or thoppur on Blore-Salem highway it charges full rate for onward as well as return journey even if you return back within 24hrs. This is a known issue ever since fastag started in this stretch.

Its long time since these tolls started charging the return fare via Fastag. At Pallikonda Toll it deducts 85+45 for a return journey within 24 hours.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 18:16   #3754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Sometime back, Bankapur toll guys had raised a false dispute saying my car is a truck
Bankapur toll is interesting.

Every time I traveled through the toll, they have stopped me saying my tag is invalid / doesn't have balance. They let you through once you say confidently that you have balance and that you are not going to pay by cash.

Interestingly, soon after leaving the toll booth, you get SMS of toll deducted, so their scanners are working fine. It is just a fraud in my opinion.

Once while returning from Pune there was huge line in Fastag lane, I took a picture of this and along with a detailed write-up send to a bunch of E-mail ID's including NHAI, IHMCL, ministry and Minster of road transport etc.

The mail got forwarded to KA NHAI and ETC Nodal office of IHMCL, apart from the regular customer care talk, there was no mention of any plan they had to prevent similar occurrences.
mpksuhas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 18:28   #3755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I'm still skeptical. If you read the Fastag implementation document from NPCI, it'd be clear that business rules of toll calculation are implemented on a per-toll basis and has no dependency on the mode of payment.
Well, I won't be able to check it myself until HDFC delivers my Fastag. I just shared the experience of my colleague.
Old 21st November 2019, 18:33   #3756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Every time I traveled through the toll, they have stopped me saying my tag is invalid / doesn't have balance. They let you through once you say confidently that you have balance and that you are not going to pay by cash.
Dont fall for this if you are sure you have balance in the tag. Once it happened to me in Nelamangla and I was in the regular lane which still had Fastag. The attendant was only interested in cash transactions and told Fastag isnt working. I refused to pay cash and told that it is not my issue if their fastag setup doesnt work. Then after a few seconds since there were lot of cars behind he let me through, only to receive a message that the toll fee was deducted from my tag. Dont budge for this no balance or not working thingy at all.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 19:53   #3757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Interestingly, soon after leaving the toll booth, you get SMS of toll deducted, so their scanners are working fine. It is just a fraud in my opinion.
This had happened with me as well but only once. Audioholic was with me when we passed this booth where the Tag was invalid, we paid cash and soon after an SMS that deducted the toll amount from the same booth!

Raised a dispute with the toll receipt details and it was promptly reversed.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 21:38   #3758
BHPian

FASTags to be available for free at toll plazas from November 22 till December 1

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/ec...1-4663061.html
vharihar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 21:54   #3759
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Dont fall for this if you are sure you have balance in the tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This had happened with me as well but only once. Audioholic was with me when we passed this booth where the Tag was invalid, we paid cash and soon after an SMS that deducted the toll amount from the same booth!
Folks, I am not sure which bank's FASTag you use. If it's ICCI they have an app for Android (I guess there should be one for Apple as well). You can download the app and register your FASTag on the app. Search for this on playstore.

You can do the following via the app.

1. Check balance in real time
2. Check the status of your tag (ACTIVE or BLACKLISTED)
3. Recharge (I would anyway prefer UPI based recharge over this but this is still an option on the app).

This is quite an useful app. If you keep this handy and show it to the toll guy I don't think they have much choice but to let you go

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...astag&hl=en_IN

It has a poor rating but please don't get influenced by it. May be in early days the app was bad. I find it quite good.

Last edited by searacer932 : 21st November 2019 at 21:57.
searacer932 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 08:54   #3760
BANNED

NHAI is now giving FASTags free of cost to encourage switch to e-tolling

The road transport and highways ministry had earlier this year announced December 1 as the deadline to switch all toll lanes across national highways in the country to electronic toll collection (ETC). “NHAI has set up point of sale (PoS) on several toll plazas across the country, and they are giving out FASTags free of cost,” Nitin Gadkari said.

More at: ET Auto
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:12   #3761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
NHAI is now giving FASTags free of cost to encourage switch to e-tolling

The road transport and highways ministry had earlier this year announced December 1 as the deadline to switch all toll lanes across national highways in the country to electronic toll collection (ETC). “NHAI has set up point of sale (PoS) on several toll plazas across the country, and they are giving out FASTags free of cost,” Nitin Gadkari said.

More at: ET Auto
This is ridiculous - they make early adopters pay and then dish out free tags as the deadline approaches. Ideally, they should be charged double or even 10 times the tag fee as they did not bother to act & adhere to the govt notification.
null is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:52   #3762
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a pleasant experience at KIAL (BLR airport) toll last night and some tweaking has definitely been done.

It took barely 3 seconds to open the FASTag barrier (on the way to KIAL) although it was manually controlled from the operator inside. On the way to BLR city, the tag was read automatically by the sensor(s) and I slowed down only for the speedbreakers. ICICI sent me the debits around 10 minutes later both times.

Reminded me of my 2016 experience when people used to stare at me and my car :-)

itwasntme is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 14:14   #3763
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I applied for Fastag yesterday from HDFC bank. But it looks like their system is broken. I got the following status by the end of the process. Well, nothing was sent to my registered email ID. And there is no way to track the process. Their contact number says the line is busy.

Be ready for the above if you are applying via HDFC bank.
Well, I just got sms and email confirming that my FASTag has been issued. Both customer ID and wallet ID has been issued. I was able to login into HDFC Fastag portal and check the ₹200 charge in it. Just took 4 days, even though they sent me no email upon registration. Now the wait for the actual RFID tag begins.

BTW, my car is in company name, although I applied and got the FASTag issued in my name.

PS: Yesterday I had requested the local branch to follow up on my application. They said they had emailed the concerned office. That is probably the reason for quick action.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd November 2019 at 16:26.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 16:59   #3764
BHPian

I've applied ICICI Fastag via iMobile App and got it delivered today in 4 days flat.
Old 22nd November 2019, 17:05   #3765
Team-BHP Support

On Weds early morning, there were huge queues since the FastTag from KIAL was working intermittently - it never works properly
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks