Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2018, 08:32   #3031
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I'm using Equitas FastTag for a few years now, haven't faced any glitch yet,
And yes, you can recharge through UPI.

Cheers!
Thanks treadmark for a confirmation, especially on the UPI. This is certainly good.

Regarding glitches, my friend has faced none and I this is applicable to tags issued from anyone. It's more to do with the customer care and et al.
Old 30th November 2018, 09:15   #3032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The vehicles having Fastag could pass the tolls in a few minutes.
Drive through like a king

Almost all tolls between Cochin and Bangalore are guarded (have videos of all tolls between Cochin-Bangalore listed below). Now that few tolls have FASTag on all lanes, it can get crowded.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4328424 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 09:38   #3033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The biggest headache with Equitas today is their constant text notifications asking one to get the NYC done warning tag deactivation despite a successful KYC.
UPI recharge option is available upon logging on to the equitas tag account on their website.
You can also use any UPI app and send money to 'netc.xxxxxx@equitas' where the xxxx is your vehicle number. There is no additional convenience fee for loading the wallet through this method.

I still keep getting the messages for KYC submission in spite of providing the same twice in the last 6 months. Even the staff in the Yelahanka branch of the bank are clueless about this. The 'due date' as per the message is 9th December and I am waiting to see what would happen after this date.
sandsun7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 21:32   #3034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Thanks treadmark for a confirmation, especially on the UPI. This is certainly good.

Regarding glitches, my friend has faced none and I this is applicable to tags issued from anyone. It's more to do with the customer care and et al.
Even I did mean the same, procuring it was straight and delivered within 48 hours, recharging the tag is seamless and even KYC update was smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Almost all tolls between Cochin and Bangalore are guarded (have videos of all tolls between Cochin-Bangalore listed below). Now that few tolls have FASTag on all lanes, it can get crowded.
Paliyekkara Toll Plaza FatstTag lane (both the sides) was under some renovation last week and had to use alternate lanes.

Cheers
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 12:17   #3035
BHPian

Placed order for a Fastag from paytm on 20th November. The status shows dispatch due on 7th December. Delivery Date on 10th December.
Post making the payment of Rs 500 till now, i have not got any follow up email or request for submission of any documents or details. Should i be worried. As usually they should reach out to me requesting for vehicle RC and details.

Any inputs would be welcome.
Old 2nd December 2018, 15:58   #3036
BHPian

Devenahalli (Bangalore) toll - had this experience a few times:

1. Going towards the airport, the FASTag is charged Rs 85.
2. On the way back, the FASTag lane is towards the extreme left. While going through the lane, the first red light turns green.
3. But the other lights continue to be red. So you are directed to the next lane to pay the toll. You are charged Rs 85 again.
4. After a while you get an SMS that you have been charged Rs 45 (presumably when the first red light turned green). 45 = 130(return fare) - 85(already paid).

So in effect you have paid 85+85+45 = 215

The staff say that this happens if one drives fast through the lane. With me it happened even when going at a very low speed. And then some truck after me breezed through.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

One would presume that when the first red light turns green, and the FASTag account is charged, then one should be able to drive straight through.

Thanks!
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:10   #3037
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Devenahalli (Bangalore) toll - had this experience a few times:

1. Going towards the airport, the FASTag is charged Rs 85.
2. On the way back, the FASTag lane is towards the extreme left. While going through the lane, the first red light turns green.
3. But the other lights continue to be red. So you are directed to the next lane to pay the toll. You are charged Rs 85 again.
4. After a while you get an SMS that you have been charged Rs 45 (presumably when the first red light turned green). 45 = 130(return fare) - 85(already paid).

So in effect you have paid 85+85+45 = 215

The staff say that this happens if one drives fast through the lane. With me it happened even when going at a very low speed. And then some truck after me breezed through.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

One would presume that when the first red light turns green, and the FASTag account is charged, then one should be able to drive straight through.

Thanks!
It happened to me

First time I drove too quickly and got double charged

Second time, I drove slowly, reversed and it still did not read. Moved to the next slot and insisted they ready my Fastag manually, which they did and I could proceed.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:25   #3038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Placed order for a Fastag from paytm on 20th November. The status shows dispatch due on 7th December. Delivery Date on 10th December.

I ordered around same time last year (24th Nov) and got the tag delivered on 9th or 10th Dec. Activation link was messaged to my number couple of days later. Here's my breakdown of updates:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4317748 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4319957 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Better follow up with them since these guys are pretty slow in responding. After activation you will see the status as "activated" on Paytm.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 09:55   #3039
Senior - BHPian

Had the first experience with Equitas Fastag Customer care and was a pleasant one.
I had taken the tag in early December 2017 (december 5th to be precise) and submitted the KYC documents at the nearest branch around end of the same month. But around October 2018, I started getting SMS saying the KYC details have not been updated. I eventually submitted another set of documents on November 5th this year to the same branch. The personnel had changed and the official in the counter took the documents and as per my request, gave me a photostat copy of the filled form with a seal and sign as a proof of acknowledgment of receipt. I thought all was well and done
Again, end of November, started getting messages daily about KYC not been updated, and tag loading would blocked on December 5th 2018.
I called up the Fastag customer care on 1st December and explained the issue. The lady executive checked and confirmed that the documents have not been uploaded by the staff at the bank yet and she assured to immediately contact them and ask them to upload the same. She was very responsive and cooperative and was patient enough to understand the situation. She assured that she will instruct the staff to collect any additional document if needed from my home and I need not visit the branch again.
A hour later, I get an SMS saying the KYC documents have been uploaded and is being verified. A few minutes later, another SMS comes , saying the KYC application has been REJECTED- no reason was mentioned, only an advise to provide another set of documents at the branch. I was absolutely furious and called the customer care immediately. The executive who answered the call checked the documents and found that the uploading bank official had not taken my signature over the photo in the application and that was the reason it was rejected by the verification team. He assured that within 15 minutes he will get the branch to re-upload the form with their seal over the photo and send for re-verification. Signature apparently was not required if they had their seal over the photo.
And as he promised, within around 10 minutes I get the message saying KYC details have been successfully verified and updated. He even gave me a callback to check if everything was fine.

All in all, The Customer care team seems to be pretty fine and responsive , but the bank officials on the ground are mostly clueless on the procedures related to fastag. The sooner they learn the better.
sandsun7 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:48   #3040
Senior - BHPian

Recently I bought ICICI Fastag for my both the cars ( MS Brezza and Honda WRV). I bought this from ICICI executive who is permanently posted at Vasad toll plaza( NH 48). The buying process was smooth without any delay. That executive himself pasted Fatstag in my car.

Total Amount Paid: 1000/-
Processing Fee: 200/-
Remaining Balance: 800/-

My usual and regular drive route is Abu road to Vapi. All of the toll plaza on this route have a dedicated lane for Fastag. Used my new Fastag at some of the Toll plazas and overall I am satisfied.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ft.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:02   #3041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Placed order for a Fastag from paytm on 20th November. Till now, i have not got any follow up email or request for submission of any documents or details. Should i be worried. As usually they should reach out to me requesting for vehicle RC and details.

I got mine from them on 29th Nov. Called up Cust care to know if anything else needed to be done. No, they said, 150 balance is added to card,simply start using it.

Went thru a toll on 1st Dec and toll guy says tag is blacklisted !! Paid cash and called up CC only to be informed I have to send a mail with RC photo and it would take 48 hrs for activation .
Have done that on 1/12/18 and still waiting for it to be activated. So the minute you get your card, shoot off a mail with vehicle number in subject line and a clear pic of the RC.
WasavaTyres is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:45   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Was surprised, while returning back from Chikmagalur yesterday, by the situation at all toll gates on Hassan-Bangalore highway. While all other lines were seeing long queues (entire Bangalore was returning?), the FasTag line had no takers. We drive into the FasTag line of each toll plaza like a VIP and exited in less than a minute while the other cars who overtook us before were squabbling with each other. We had our 'collar-up' moments. I guess FasTag will see more orders after this.
Old 3rd December 2018, 13:40   #3043
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Was surprised, while returning back from Chikmagalur yesterday, by the situation at all toll gates on Hassan-Bangalore highway. While all other lines were seeing long queues (entire Bangalore was returning?), the FasTag line had no takers.
Good to hear this I'm guessing the traffic wasn't too heavy.

Usually when traffic gets too heavy especially on holidays/long weekends, the toll plaza personnel make the Fastag lane a manual, attendant operated one that can accept all forms of payment.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:15   #3044
BHPian

Re: FASTag: Tag NOT recognized at LnT toll plaza!

Well, my first ride with fastag was a mixed bag. I was heading to M'lore and the first 3 tolls(Peenya, Nelamangala, Bellur Cross) was breeze. The next 2 tolls(Hirisave, Shantigrama) managed by LnT didn't recognize the tag and had to pay cash.

Once reached M'lore, called ICICI n they ask me to speak to NHAI. NHAI rep, coolly says to call them when it happens again and they shall speak to the toll operator and get it resolved. Is this ever possible? Has anyone here done the same? When stuck at the toll plaza to place the call to NHAI and wait for them to resolve the issue, when there are vehicles waiting behind you.

Special thanks to 'Parag' for picking my call and helping me out in understanding the situation.

BTW, the first 3 tolls are yet to be reflected in my fastag account. It's been 6 hours since passing these tolls.

Last edited by JMaruru : 3rd December 2018 at 15:18.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:52   #3045
Senior - BHPian

Here is the clipping of the 4 toll booths during the Abarth's recent Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai run. As you can see thanks to hybrid lanes / all lanes Fastag enabled, there is same queue in all lanes. What a pathetic implementation of this! Instead of making all hybrid, they should have made 80% ETC and 20% cash only. 16 mins was the total time for all the 4 tolls.

blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks