Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2019, 16:17   #3271
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
@itwasntme that's useful information. Thank you. Just posted a Twitter message to Vijay Shankar's account. If there's no response, I'll write to the email ID's you shared above.

@ananthacharya how did they let you pass through for free? Just curious to know!

Thanks.
Finally, I got the refund. I had to tweet to @vijayshekhar and @Paytm. Also wrote an e-mail to grievanceofficer@paytm.com and fastag@paytm.com. Not sure, which one exactly worked but finally I could see the refund in my statement.

This aside, last weekend I was travelling to Kodai/Coimbatore from Bangalore and I tried to compare the entries between FasTag and my Paytm wallet and there are certainly some duplicate entries in FasTag but luckily there are no corresponding entries in my Wallet. Fingers crossed, I hope, there'll not be any future deductions. Also, the time stamps of the entries too, do not match. It would help if we get an immediate notification as soon as FasTag is accepted but that does not happen.

The system is still crazy, people manning these particular toll-gate lanes are crazier and the users are mad! (especially when you wait behind a non-tag guy in a tag-only lane at places like Hosur/Krishnagiri). Hopefully, it improves as we move on.
Old 11th March 2019, 19:59   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
The system is still crazy, people manning these particular toll-gate lanes are crazier and the users are mad! (especially when you wait behind a non-tag guy in a tag-only lane at places like Hosur/Krishnagiri). Hopefully, it improves as we move on.
ICICI has this quick SMS alert (Touch wood- hope it remains the same). The guys who are manning the gates are crazier and restless. Even before a vehicle clears the Fastag lane, they rush us into it. Earlier, a gate fell on my DZire's hood near Salem toll gate and once a free loader followed me without paying toll in Bengaluru Airport Toll Gate. This time, in Bengaluru the gate almost fell on our XUV hood, if not for my pessimistic slow driving.

Never rush if those guys hurry you. It is better to wait till the preceding vehicle clears the gate and pay no heed to idiotic honking from cars or buses behind you.

Last edited by prithm : 11th March 2019 at 20:00.
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 19:00   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Which is the fastest agency to order a Fastag nowadays? I need one for my daughter's Figo at Bangalore, which will be coming back to Hyderabad by the end of next week. Is there sufficient time to order and get it delivered?

Further, I can see that Equitas charges 400 while Paytm charges 500 INR. But what does the card come preloaded with? I don't remember what it came with when I got mine from Paytm in Sep 2017.
Old 12th March 2019, 19:14   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks

Which is the fastest agency to order a Fastag nowadays? I need one for my daughter's Figo at Bangalore, which will be coming back to Hyderabad by the end of next week. Is there sufficient time to order and get it delivered?

Further, I can see that Equitas charges 400 while Paytm charges 500 INR. But what does the card come preloaded with? I don't remember what it came with when I got mine from Paytm in Sep 2017.
Don't go for PayTM if you want it to happen quickly. I suggest try with ICICI branch or you can get in touch with representative of them who sent me the tag within a week.

Ram - +919740153227.

If I remember right all tags comes with 150 loaded.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 19:39   #3275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks

Well I got it in 10 minutes from Fastag booth at toll near Nagasandra metro station in bangalore.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 19:47   #3276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which is the fastest agency to order a Fastag nowadays?
As of today, ICICI has got better with delivery timelines and recent cases with my friends say 3-4 working days. And yes, I meant online.

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th March 2019 at 19:49.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 21:31   #3277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
As of today, ICICI has got better with delivery timelines and recent cases with my friends say 3-4 working days. And yes, I meant online.
Thanks very much. I could complete the application in 15 minutes. It was not so smooth in Sep 2017 when I tried with ICICI. I was frustrated then with the page hanging, and i used PayTm then.

I got an sms saying my Fastag has been activated, but I also got a message on the page while saving that it would reach me in 8 working days. I hope it comes sooner, as I am flying to Bangalore on 21st to get the Figo back.

I have another question. How do i recharge it once I get it? It is pretty easy for my other Fastag as Paytm always maintains Rs 150 amount dedicated to it, by transferring it from the main PayTm balance.

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th March 2019 at 21:35.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 21:43   #3278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have another question. How do i recharge it once I get it? It is pretty easy for my other Fastag as Paytm always maintains Rs 150 amount dedicated to it, by transferring it from the main PayTm balance.
One and only - UPI.
netc.vehiclenumber@icici will be your tag UPI ID. When you transfer money to this UPI ID it will directly replenish the balance associated with the individual tag (and not CUG).

If you are using any UPI App, this option to recharge is the most fastest and takes less than 15 seconds.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 21:51   #3279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One and only - UPI.
netc.vehiclenumber@icici will be your tag UPI ID. When you transfer money to this UPI ID it will directly replenish the balance associated with the individual tag (and not CUG).

If you are using any UPI App, this option to recharge is the most fastest and takes less than 15 seconds.
Thanks, but I am not sure of that UPI stuff. I normally use PayTm and Google Pay (earlier known as Tez). Will they work for ICICI Fastag?
Old 12th March 2019, 22:06   #3280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I am not sure of that UPI stuff. I normally use PayTm and Google Pay (earlier known as Tez). Will they work for ICICI Fastag?
Your Fastag UPI ID is like any other UPI ID and hence it should work the same way as long as you can transfer money by adding a beneficiary with a UPI ID.

I use BHIM but I know all UPI apps end of the day use the same backend interface. So you can very well transfer to tag account via UPI ID.

https://www.themobileindian.com/how-...ogle-tez-19198
Old 13th March 2019, 05:42   #3281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One and only - UPI.

Could you give an example?

If the car # is KA 51 XY 1234, then the UPI id will be

Netc.ka51xy1234@icici

Correct?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th March 2019 at 14:08. Reason: Spacing
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 08:16   #3282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Could you give an example?
Here you go. For the benefit of other users, I am copy pasting the answer from the FAQs section that also shows how you can recharge the CUG as well.

For recharging your individual FASTag:

Netc.mh01ab1234@icici (10-digit vehicle number)
Netc.TN99R9999@icici (9-digit vehicle number)
Netc.KA666666@icici (8-digit vehicle number)
Netc.mmh01xx@icici (7-digit vehicle number)

For CUG loading:

netc.ib <8-digit Customer ID>@icici

Example:- netc.ib99999999@icici

Refer here under the question "How can I recharge my FASTag account with UPI?".

I am pretty sure the case (format for UPI ID) would be same for other banks as well except that an equitas tag UPI will end with @equitas and so on.

EDIT:
Interestingly, only a month back when I was helping a friend with UPI recharge, he shared with me this image from ICICI FAQs where it asks the users to prefix the digit '0' if the vehicle number is shorter than 10 characters to compensate the length but as of today, ICICI's FAQ section doesn't reflect what he had shared. It means one need not prefix any additional digits if the vehicle number is shorter than 10 characters (as posted above).

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-upi-recharge.jpg

In the end, the UPI recharge won't happen until the UPI ID is verified by the UPI App. So if you enter an incorrect UPI ID or in wrong format, it simply won't accept it.

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th March 2019 at 08:33.
Old 13th March 2019, 09:38   #3283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go ...
Refer here under the question "How can I recharge my FASTag account with UPI?".
THanks. Just tried it & it worked flawlessly. I searched for the info before asking you but did not find it; so thanks for the link on the info as well.

A quick tip: you can add the beneficiary to an UPI app like BHIM & have it verify. That way, you can validate without transferring money and there is the added benefit of having the fastag pre-added as a beneficiary when you want to do quick trasfers while traveling.

Last edited by sridhu : 13th March 2019 at 09:47.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 09:41   #3284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
THanks. Just tried it & it worked flawlessly.
Perfect. Ever since I started recharging via UPI, I stopped logging in to ICICI portal altogether unless I have some grievance that needs to be addressed. UPI recharge is super quick and balance is reflected almost instantly. Saves so much of time.
Old 13th March 2019, 09:45   #3285
BHPian

Quote:
I got an sms saying my Fastag has been activated, but I also got a message on the page while saving that it would reach me in 8 working days. I hope it comes sooner, as I am flying to Bangalore on 21st to get the Figo back.
Ordered mine through ICICI just now. It needs your scanned copies of driving licence and RC Book / SmartCard to be uploaded. Received a message that Fastag will be delivered in 8 working days. Hoping a sooner delivery!

@vnabhi: Did you receive any further message about the shipment and tracking reference?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks